+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying Canadian PR from India

VikasParaman

Jan 25, 2009
Hi All ,

This is my first mail to this wonderful forums , i was passive viewer for quite some time.
I am planning to immigrate as PR , and will be writing my IELTS exam next week. Before that i would like to know how much processing time will this take for a person who applies from India.

It is really worried part from my past experience of viewing that people who have been applied from India are getting delay like > 6 yrs or so.

Can any help me in this regards please , that would be really apprecitable.

My Bio-Data as follows:

Qualification : BE-Computers , MBA(Yet to complete)
Exp : 4.75 Yrs
Marital status : Married.
English Knowledge : Above Average since working in MNC for past 4 yrs :).

mail ID : paraman.rajesh@gmail.com

Thanks
Rajesh

sushid0c

Star Member
Oct 25, 2007
Have you applied before 28th feb 2008??????

All applications after that will be assessed on the basis of new immigration rules which states that only those applications belonging to 38 occupations will be considered...check out the cic website.......

If you do not belong to those 38 skilled occupations you will not be considered for the skilled worker category.....

Hi All ,

This is my first mail to this wonderful forums , i was passive viewer for quite some time.
I am planning to immigrate as PR , and will be writing my IELTS exam next week. Before that i would like to know how much processing time will this take for a person who applies from India.

It is really worried part from my past experience of viewing that people who have been applied from India are getting delay like > 6 yrs or so.

Can any help me in this regards please , that would be really apprecitable.

My Bio-Data as follows:

Qualification : BE-Computers , MBA(Yet to complete)
Exp : 4.75 Yrs
Marital status : Married.
English Knowledge : Above Average since working in MNC for past 4 yrs :).

mail ID : paraman.rajesh@gmail.com

Thanks
Rajesh

[/quote]

VikasParaman

Jan 25, 2009
Thanks for your reply . I have not yet applied for it. I was adviced to take the IELTS exam first and then apply , i am planning to apply that in Feb 2009. And my profession is there in 38 Listed and in NOC. But the worst part i am really sad to here is that 6 Yrs for an Indian from India :(. I donno need some info on that please.

foreverwaiting

Star Member
Dec 16, 2008
From your post it is not entirely clear whether you have already applied for immigration or planning to apply.

If you have applied post Feb 08 (or planning to apply now), you don't have to worry regarding the past timelines for CHC New Delhi. According to CHC notification, all post Feb 08 cases are likely to be cleared under 12 months.

A bit of a caution though: Regarding my experience with CHC timelines, I would'nt be surprised if they faill to meet their own set timelines.

Good Luck!

foreverwaiting

Star Member
Dec 16, 2008
Sorry Vikas, I guess both of us posted at almost the same time. Now that you have clarified that you would be applying shortly, rest assured that it is not going to take 6+ years. As mentioned, it could be in just under 12 months as per CHC, but do take into consideration that CHC is hardly known to follow the promised timelines (no fault of CHC though).

VikasParaman

Jan 25, 2009
Thanks for your info , i am really happy to hear that it will only take 12 months.

But i got this statistical info from "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02a-skilled-fed.asp"

NewDelhi
Month %
68 - 30%
70 - 50%
72 - 70%
73 - 80%

Sorry if i have misunderstood. Please advice.

VikasParaman

Jan 25, 2009
THanks BCguy . I will apply in Feb after my results. I have an assumbtion that better to apply after test results.

It is really gr8 to hear it will take only 1 yr.

If there is any contradiction pfolks please advice.

sushid0c

Star Member
Oct 25, 2007
VikasParaman said:
Thanks for your reply . I have not yet applied for it. I was adviced to take the IELTS exam first and then apply , i am planning to apply that in Feb 2009. And my profession is there in 38 Listed and in NOC. But the worst part i am really sad to here is that 6 Yrs for an Indian from India :(. I donno need some info on that please.

I know of 2 friends of mine who applied for canadian immigration.

One applied in 2006.....ie...before the new rules of feb 2008. He has not got been contacted by the cic since 2006 when he got his AOR......(In this case 38 list doesnt apply)

The second one applied in march 2008 , and luckily his occupation was in the 38 list. Last month he got letter from cic to submit documents in 120 days. So I guess the fast track of 38 occupations is working out well to clear the backlog.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The times posted on the CIC website are for cases under the old rules. The people who applied from India 70 months ago are getting approved now finally so that is why the time is listed at 70 months. The people who applied under the new rules are so far only waiting a couple of months since the new rules were posted so none of them have been approved yet. Once they start getting approved, we will know how much time it takes but it shouldn't end up being much more than a year.

VikasParaman

Jan 25, 2009
Thanks Leon , you are taking about the people whos profile lies in that 38 lists right or for all general people who apply from India specifically.

Please advice thanks.

VikasParaman

Jan 25, 2009
Is it possible to apply PR under FSW 1 for any candidate not listed in "38" lists. I would like to know whether a person not listed in that 38 can / cannot apply for PR or not.

VikasParaman

Jan 25, 2009
Can some one please advice on this statement :

As i am lie in the bolded fields.

This from "http://www.canadavisa.com/new-instructions-federal-skilled-worker-applications.html#qualifying"

0213 Computer and Information Systems ManagersComputer and information systems managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of organizations that analyze, design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors. Click here for a list of Example Titles of this occupation.
Applicants with experience in the following occupations may also be considered under this NOC depending on the specifics of the main duties performed:
Computer and information systems supervisors (in 217 Computer and Information Systems Professionals)
Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers) (2147)
Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers (2174)

Computer services company presidents (in 0013 Senior Managers - Financial, Communications and Other Business Services)
Database Analysts and Data Administrators (2172)
Information Systems Analysts and Consultants (2171)
LAN managers (in 2281 Computer Network Technicians)
Software Engineers and Designers (2173)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VikasParaman said:
Thanks Leon , you are taking about the people whos profile lies in that 38 lists right or for all general people who apply from India specifically.

Please advice thanks.
The list of 38 did not exist under the old rules. Under the new rules, if you apply for FSW, you need to be one of the 38, have a job offer or have been living in Canada for a year or more.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VikasParaman said:
Can some one please advice on this statement :

As i am lie in the bolded fields.

This from "http://www.canadavisa.com/new-instructions-federal-skilled-worker-applications.html#qualifying"

0213 Computer and Information Systems ManagersComputer and information systems managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of organizations that analyze, design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors. Click here for a list of Example Titles of this occupation.
Applicants with experience in the following occupations may also be considered under this NOC depending on the specifics of the main duties performed:
Computer and information systems supervisors (in 217 Computer and Information Systems Professionals)
Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers) (2147)
Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers (2174)

Computer services company presidents (in 0013 Senior Managers - Financial, Communications and Other Business Services)
Database Analysts and Data Administrators (2172)
Information Systems Analysts and Consultants (2171)
LAN managers (in 2281 Computer Network Technicians)
Software Engineers and Designers (2173)
0213 is on the list of 38. The other jobs are not. If your job duties in the other jobs match that of 0213, you can apply under 0213. If not, then you need a job offer or you need to have lived in Canada on a temporary permit for a year or more.