Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
osama13 said:
i have appliance working on 220 voltage would it work in canada too?
110V works in Canada....but if you are referring to your laptop and mobile charger, they have a range of 110-250V, they will work without any problem

But you should first check the chargers for rating and then use them.....

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
No blessing like Independence.....Happy Independence day to all Pakistanis :)

distinct86

Jun 20, 2012
hello and HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY :)
Guys I had my medical done on 1st and returned the ppt on 2nd. (Plz take a look at my complete profile). Now that my academic term is fast approaching and I still didnt get my stamped ppt back from CHC, I want the seniors to suggest whether I should book an airline ticket, if I find, to be on the safe side? Furthermore, I talked to few travel agents in lahore, there is hardly any ticket available for from Lhr to ON. Please also suggest me what to do in the present circumstances. Your sugestions will be highly appreciated.

Sheryar

Mar 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-june-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19- june-2012
Med's Request
13-july-2012
Med's Done....
19-July-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of Allah (24/8/2012)
LANDED..........
6 september 2012
distinct86 said:
Guys I had my medical done on 1st and returned the ppt on 2nd. (Plz take a look at my complete profile). Now that my academic term is fast approaching and I still didnt get my stamped ppt back from CHC, I want the seniors to suggest whether I should book an airline ticket, if I find, to be on the safe side? Furthermore, I talked to few travel agents in lahore, there is hardly any ticket available for from Lhr to ON. Please also suggest me what to do in the present circumstances. Your sugestions will be highly appreciated.
same problem!

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
distinct86 said:
Many people are waiting...

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
cussyandrew said:
guys my info on the spread sheet is wrong, i got my med call on 22-JULY-2012, NOT 22nd-JUNE!!! please correct it =)
Sorry for the mistake, I have corrected it.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
osama13 said:
i have appliance working on 220 voltage would it work in canada too?
The voltage in Canada is 110 V,

These link may be helpful:
http://www.adaptelec.com/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&products_id=282
http://www.adaptelec.com/wa5-travel-plug-adapter-for-north-america-type-b-nema-515-p-7.html

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
distinct86 said:
A lot of friends on this forum (mfm, hassan) have booked their tickets in advance. It is advised to book it now as you won't find seats at later dates for sure.

You should consult the cancellation policy of the ticket, The charges may be less than 10k which is quite reasonable. Check tickets with travel agents from Karachi as well.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Inam89 said:
A lot of friends on this forum (mfm, hassan) have booked their tickets in advance. It is advised to book it now as you won't find seats at later dates for sure.

You should consult the cancellation policy of the ticket, The charges may be less than 10k which is quite reasonable. Check tickets with travel agents from Karachi as well.
distinct86 said:
Sheryar said:
same problem!
Anticipate a date for ur visa arrival and then book the ticket (visa often arrives one month after the medical) Even the agents nowadays know that everyone's classes are starting from the 4th of Sep! after that numerous amount of seats are available....

Cancellation charges are about 6000 PKR and re-scheduling charges are 4000 PKR for most airlines.....i don't think making a gamble of 5-6000 PKR is a bad idea rather than not getting tickets at all!

If you are going to Toronto, go for PIA (availability + luggage allowance is very good)

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
Hey Guys!

My friend in Canada specially requested me for Pakistani Flag, he said he sometimes required it. Just wanted to let you know guys if anyone plan to take 1 from here.

Ahmadkhool44

Star Member
Aug 5, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 21, 2014
AOR Received.
CC Charged March 31
hasankhan27 said:
Anticipate a date for ur visa arrival and then book the ticket (visa often arrives one month after the medical) Even the agents nowadays know that everyone's classes are starting from the 4th of Sep! after that numerous amount of seats are available....

Cancellation charges are about 6000 PKR and re-scheduling charges are 4000 PKR for most airlines.....i don't think making a gamble of 5-6000 PKR is a bad idea rather than not getting tickets at all!

If you are going to Toronto, go for PIA (availability + luggage allowance is very good)
And the best thing about PIA is, its direct from Lahore to Toronto no stop :)

Khurram231

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Rawalpindi
Visa Office......
CHC Isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
12-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2012
Med's Done....
31-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2012
LANDED..........
Very soon ,Insha'Allah
distinct86 said:
Same situation with me , very confused to make any decision

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
Khurram231 said:
Same situation with me , very confused to make any decision
The explanation given by hasankhan27 should finish all confusions. Anyone who has received his medical call should go ahead for buying his ticket.

Craving

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All the efforts and guidelines by seniors of this forum are marvellous. I would like to join Facebook Account of you guys. In Facebook we can be more united and even after reaching Canada Inshallah, we can continue this sort of discussion regarding problems we face there. Whatsthe Facebook account ..!