+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Rejection due to PCC.. Reapply?

Gujjuboy

Sep 27, 2015
Dear All,
I need an expert opinion on my case.

I am Indian citizen working in Qatar & aspiring to immigrate to Canada in future.
I applied under express entry & got SINP nomination later. I submitted my application after I got invite, however, yesterday I got rejection mail from CIC with below reason.

"The Police certificate from QATAR that you provided with your application is not acceptable. It does not cover all of the time you spend in that country. Your addresses/background information state you were in Qatar starting May 18, 2013."

When I got job in Qatar, I came on business visa and then after 2 months I got residence permit/ work visa. This is very normal phenomena is Middle East that companies on board candidates on business visa and later 2 months they process residence permit. In my Qatar PCC, they have shown my tenure from the time I got work visa (i.e. after 2 months/ July 2013) not from the time of my arrival.

Now these 2 months from my arrival on business visa to I got my work visa, is not captured either by Qatar PCC or Indian PCC.
I overlooked this matter when I submitted my PCC & CIC official cancelled my application rather than raising query.

I have stamp on my passport of my arrival date, travel tickets, even hotel booking when I landed in Qatar so I can prove that my claims are valid that I was already in Qatar on business visa even if my Qatar PCC states the time from my work visa.

My questions are as follows :

1. Is there any way where in I can talk or send email to CIC to explain the misunderstanding of my stay in Qatar as per PCC & ask them to reconsider existing application only?

2. Shall I approach Indian Embassy of Qatar or Qatar PCC authority to get these 2 months added in my either PCC?

3. How can I ask for extension to SINP showing my case?

4. Do I need to create new express entry from different email address and ask SINP to re-issue nomination with revised EE number?

5. Can I use same medical records or again I need to go from medical examinations ? (It was completed last month only)

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: teejchubbs

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gujjuboy said:
Dear All,

I am Indian citizen working in Qatar & aspiring to immigrate to Canada in future.
I applied under express entry & got SINP nomination later. I submitted my application after I got invite, however, yesterday I got rejection mail from CIC with below reason.

"The Police certificate from QATAR that you provided with your application is not acceptable. It does not cover all of the time you spend in that country. Your addresses/background information state you were in Qatar starting May 18, 2013."

When I got job in Qatar, I came on business visa and then after 2 months I got residence permit/ work visa. This is very normal phenomena is Middle East that companies on board candidates on business visa and later 2 months they process residence permit. In my Qatar PCC, they have shown my tenure from the time I got work visa (i.e. after 2 months/ July 2013) not from the time of my arrival.

Now these 2 months from my arrival on business visa to I got my work visa, is not captured either by Qatar PCC or Indian PCC.
I overlooked this matter when I submitted my PCC & CIC official cancelled my application rather than raising query.

I have stamp on my passport of my arrival date, travel tickets, even hotel booking when I landed in Qatar so I can prove that my claims are valid that I was already in Qatar on business visa even if my Qatar PCC states the time from my work visa.

Sorry to hear about your refusal.

1. Is there any way where in I can talk or send email to CIC to explain the misunderstanding of my stay in Qatar as per PCC & ask them to reconsider existing application only?

You can send in a CSE explaining your situation and request them to consider reopening your application.

CSE --->
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
2. Shall I approach Indian Embassy of Qatar or Qatar PCC authority to get these 2 months added in my either PCC?

You can consider talking to the authorities if it helps.

Send a mail to SINP informing them of this refusal and request them to attach your nomination to another EE profile.

4. Do I need to create new express entry from different email address and ask SINP to re-issue nomination with revised EE number?

Recommend doing this.

5. Can I use same medical records or again I need to go from medical examinations ? (It was completed last month only)

You can use the same medicals.

Thanks in advance.

FWSAPPLICANT

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Gujjuboy said:
Dear All,

Thanks in advance.
Don't waste your time talking to Qatar authorities, I am also from Qatar and got PCC from here and on my PCC the date was correct coz I landed here on work visa.

I asked you on another thread about your visa transfer from business to Qatar RP, by that time have you exited the country.

Gujjuboy

Sep 27, 2015
Thanks Asivad for your kind advice..!!

Which one would be faster.. ? Reapplying with new EE profile or asking CSE with evidences (I have passport stamp, travel tickets copy, accommodation invoice, payslip, offer letter and reference letter which can show that I was in Qatar for 2 months on business visa before I got my Residence permit or work visa..

My concern is If CSE resolution is going to take months, rather than crying on past, I should focus on getting revised PCC from local authority and submit new EE profile to get quick invitation with SINP nomination at least .

Your kind suggestions please..

Gujjuboy

Sep 27, 2015
Dear friend,

I have paid my RPRF.
I received AOR on 15th Jan,2016.
I was not asked to travel outside Qatar when my visa got Transferred from Business to Work visa.

What shall I do? Where shall I approach? You think Indian Embassy would help? I need to sort out this matter even in new application otherwise same concerns would be raised

FWSAPPLICANT

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Gujjuboy said:
Dear friend,

I have paid my RPRF.
I received AOR on 15th Jan,2016.
I was not asked to travel outside Qatar when my visa got Transferred from Business to Work visa.

What shall I do? Where shall I approach? You think Indian Embassy would help? I need to sort out this matter even in new application otherwise same concerns would be raised
I don't think that they will help, instead of wasting time just make a new EE Profile and request SINP to transfer your nomination.

While entering your address history start from the date that is mentioned on your PCC.

For the time you lived on business visa add a new row for that time period only don't count that period under your residency in Qatar, count that period seperately may be for visit or business.

Gujjuboy

Sep 27, 2015
Thanks dear. If I need to showcase my Qatar business visa stay outside of my employment, then I need to request my employer to change my experience letter as well since my experience letter shows my total tenure from the time of my coming to Qatar on Business Visa... I wish if there could be better option..:(

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gujjuboy said:
Thanks Asivad for your kind advice..!!

Which one would be faster.. ? Reapplying with new EE profile or asking CSE with evidences (I have passport stamp, travel tickets copy, accommodation invoice, payslip, offer letter and reference letter which can show that I was in Qatar for 2 months on business visa before I got my Residence permit or work visa..

My concern is If CSE resolution is going to take months, rather than crying on past, I should focus on getting revised PCC from local authority and submit new EE profile to get quick invitation with SINP nomination at least .

Your kind suggestions please..
Reapplying would be faster.

Gujjuboy

Sep 27, 2015
Dear All,

I got my revised PCC letter from Qatar as required by CIC.

I wish to challenge my application cancellation with this additional document by raising a CSE request.

At the same time, I wish to get new nomination letter from SINP as I have created new EE profile after previous EE cancellation.

Now my concern is how I can ensure that I can use SINP nomination for both my cancelled EE which I am challenging through CSE and for my new EE to get invite?

I feel if I approach SINP for new nomination, my previous nomination will not be valid for my previous EE which I want to challenge through CSE.

Kindly guide me.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Gujjuboy said:
Dear All,

I got my revised PCC letter from Qatar as required by CIC.

I wish to challenge my application cancellation with this additional document by raising a CSE request.

At the same time, I wish to get new nomination letter from SINP as I have created new EE profile after previous EE cancellation.

Now my concern is how I can ensure that I can use SINP nomination for both my cancelled EE which I am challenging through CSE and for my new EE to get invite?

I feel if I approach SINP for new nomination, my previous nomination will not be valid for my previous EE which I want to challenge through CSE.

Kindly guide me.
Gujjuboy, sorry to hear about the rejection. I don't have an answer to your question above and I'm just bumping this thread. I hope someone with experience will drop by and provide some insight. My two cents: forget about the CSE and just have your SINP nomination transferred to a new EE profile. I suspect you will get an ITA and a subsequent AOR before you would hear back from the CSE. At least that's what I would do in your shoes. Best wishes to you.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MooseNBooze said:
Gujjuboy, sorry to hear about the rejection. I don't have an answer to your question above and I'm just bumping this thread. I hope someone with experience will drop by and provide some insight. My two cents: forget about the CSE and just have your SINP nomination transferred to a new EE profile. I suspect you will get an ITA and a subsequent AOR before you would hear back from the CSE. At least that's what I would do in your shoes. Best wishes to you.
I second that. Reapplying would be far quicker.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Asivad Anac said:
I second that. Reapplying would be far quicker.
Sorry to hear about your rejection bro...I agree to Asivad...approach SINP to transfer nomination to a new EE profile.

I also have obtained Qatar PCC but that covers my full time from entry to final exit as it was an employment work visa right from first entry until exit.

Also Asivad is spot on..when you do second EE profile, mention business travel separately and as it falls below 6 months period so should be ok. God bless and all the best.

Gujjuboy

Sep 27, 2015
Thanks everyone for your kind words. As you may be right, I wont go for CSE (unfortunate still as this has already delayed my plans!!). Rather I would get new nomination and wait for ITA.

I have not received my credit card refund of application charges still after 7-10 days. Do I need to follow up?

@adey786, I cannot show business travel duration separately because I was still continuously in Qatar when my business visa got converted into RP. However, I have got revised PCC from Qatar which covers my complete tenure from the date I entered in Qatar.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Gujjuboy said:
Thanks everyone for your kind words. As you may be right, I wont go for CSE (unfortunate still as this has already delayed my plans!!). Rather I would get new nomination and wait for ITA.

I have not received my credit card refund of application charges still after 7-10 days. Do I need to follow up?

@adey786, I cannot show business travel duration separately because I was still continuously in Qatar when my business visa got converted into RP. However, I have got revised PCC from Qatar which covers my complete tenure from the date I entered in Qatar.
Oh if that covers entire period..you are good to go bro !!!! that is what CIC is looking for.....best of luck

Gujjuboy

Sep 27, 2015
Thanks everyone for your motivation and support.

Just want to check one more thing :

Is there any other such pitfall like pcc ?
I am showing my education degrees, skill assessment result, IELTS, Nomination Letter, Bank Statements, PCC, Medicals, Experience letter as given by companies I worked for.
Did I miss anything? I don't want to fall in similar trap again.
What do they check in experience letter? I am showing everything as they asked for in the application guide including a payslip from all companies I worked for.
Do they call my references individually for verification? My references are in India & the time zone in Canada is different. What if they could not pick up the verification call?

Thanks again.