+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application question

Aug 13, 2017
Hi guys,
I'm needing some advice, as I'm starting to get a bit stressed. I'm in the process of applying for a Working Holiday Visa...I've been invited into the pool and accepted the Invitation to Apply, and I'm in the stages of gathering information for my application. However, I didn't expect to be invited quite so soon to apply (took 4 days) and I'm starting to feel quite anxious about how fast this is all moving. I thought this would take months, and so I thought it would be best to get the process going, but now I do not feel ready to make such a huge step. In my application folder I noticed it says ''continue application'' or ''decline invitation'' does this mean I still have the option to decline the invitation? Even though I've started the application process, but not yet submitted it? Is my application not ''official'' until it has been submitted? I have filled in most of the forms, but not all.
If I decline at this stage, does this effect my chances to be asked to apply again in the future? Is it treated as declining the ITA and I'll just go back in the pool? I'm from New Zealand, so we have a low demand for visas for Canada and hundreds of visa spots left. Is it true that if I submit my application and pay all the fees etc, and get the POE that I have a year to enter Canada from the date on the POE?
Thanks so much for any insight you can share with me!