+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

##### Applicants VO Vienna please join #####

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sanja, Jeannie,

Hope you receive your passports back soon, I'm now a bit concerned since they have my passport too. it's very disappointing that they do not give you any information even though it's now well past the 20 working days estimate they give.

I've applied for a work permit, they received my application on the 19th of June, so it will be 20 working days soon.

Please let me know once you receive it, i'm curious to see what their real timeline is.

Regards,

Jeannie Grey

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
Med's Request
19-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
Hi guys, today is my 37 days (keep counting) and they're still processing my working permit.
How do I know that? Because they finally replied my e-mail.
On June 28 I sent my 1st inquiry and today, July 12, they replied "Your application - Nr XXXX - is in process."
That was it, my 1st answer from the visa section.
I sent couple more e-mails and fax after June 28, so I assume they will soon find me very annoying haha.. ;D

Good luck to us all!

sanja

Jul 11, 2012
Hi Jeannie and Eddie!

Did you get any mail from Vienna? I will let you know when I get anything , This waiting is so annoying :(

good luck!

Jeannie when did you send them your passport ?

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
Hi Jeannie,

But Vienna seem to be going slower than I was thinking. I f 20 working days is now 37 working days??? almost 40??? that is abnormal. U see, the problem is that the CIC is experimenting at this moment with their immigration strategies and unfortunately, we would seem to be victims of any irregularity caused by their experiments. The waiting wouldn't have been this long if it was Berlin.

I hope u get it soon though,

Good luck

@eddie in NL

I also submitted my application on the 19th but for study permit and it will be 20 working days in 2 days. Though my due date is 15 working days cos I submitted in person but I am still waiting. I sent them an email at exactly 15 working days.. no reply yet.

Nw I have 2 applications with Vienna, 1) FSW & 2) Study permit

Let's keep in touch here.

Cheers!

sanja

Jul 11, 2012
My 20 working days are just past this Friday :( :mad:

I also am waiting for 2 more study permits except my working

I dont think that anyone will get it on time but my hopes are very high , I want to believe it.

You know what they say saved by the patience (strpljen spasen)

God luck everybody !!!! :)

Jeannie Grey

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
Med's Request
19-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
Hiyya.. in my latest mails to them I said that I'm willing to withdraw my application as long as I get my passport back, because I really need it.
So it can go either way to me..
Yes, let's keep in touch! Fingers crossed for everyone!

sanja

Jul 11, 2012
Hi Jeannie

I can not believe it how long do you wait !!!!
I do not want that :'(
What is a point to mail them anything when they send everybody the same answer ?
Please if you get it soon inform us.
One more question are you a male or female, because for the male answer take a little bit longer

Good luck!!

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jeannie,

I'm not sure what is your situation or whether this would be of any help, but you could either get a second passport or emergency travel document from your country's consulate, or alternatively a travel document from the dutch Koninklijke Marechausse at Schiphol (I'm not 100% sure but I believe they also issue travel documents for foreigners on emergency cases, but this will only allow you travel to countries where you do not need a visa). If you need to leave the country, you could inform the embassy of a new address for them to ship your passport, though i guess i'd only do that if it's really your last option.

I have my fingers crossed for you, hopefully you'll receive it soon with your visa.

Regards,

sanja

Jul 11, 2012
Hi everybody

I promised you that I will tell you when I get a answer well I was REFUSED :'( :'( :'(

I got it on 22 day

I wish you everybody all the best!!!

Jeannie Grey

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
Med's Request
19-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
OMG I'm so sorry Sanja :mad: What did they say? Is it for working permit?

I'm planning to call them and beg and beg and call and beg and call and beg until I can speak to a human being.

sanja

Jul 11, 2012
Hi

They are not satisfied that I will would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for stay in Canada.

I was applying for working visa and 2 study for my kids

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sanja,

I'm really sorry to hear that, all that wait and nothing... If they really think that, they should at least give you a chance to explain yourself, have an interview or through a letter, etc...

I wish you all the best on your next steps.

Regards

Eddie

Jeannie Grey

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
Med's Request
19-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
Hi guys,
I just realized that when Vienna office e-mailed me back, they had different e-mail address: re-vienn.immigration@international.gc.ca
The one I sent to = in the website = vienn-visa@international.gc.ca

I maybe wrong, but I assume that they have different mailbox, so if you want to give it a shot.. you know, to contact them when your application takes longer than the promised processing time..

@ Eddie: Thank you for the tips. I am in contact with my country's embassy to NL but they cannot issue me two passports. They are aware of the problem though, and we're working on what would be best for me not to be illegal anywhere.

Btw, I've been trying to call Vienna office all morning but the line is busy. My plan is to cry out loud when the receptionist pick up the phone :'( :'(
*sorry, we need some jokes in this crazy situation..

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I have received my passport back with my approved work permit today (21 working days after they received my application). I submitted it by mail and it was received in the embassy on June 19th. It was actually posted from Vienna on Friday, or 18 working days after they received it - i guess i'm lucky to have my application processed sooner than the initial estimate.

Good luck to you all, hopefully see you in Canada in the near future.

Regards,

Jeannie Grey

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
Med's Request
19-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
Hi!
Congrats Eddie! I'm so jealous ;D Where are you heading to?

I managed to talk to a person today, what a miracle! I really almost cried on the phone and use the word emergency! The officer think I need a medical examination and they thought an e-mail has been sent to me, which they are obviously wrong!

My case is a borderline: I will work at a hospital, but will not be in contact with patients. I will be in a research lab. I'm also originally from one of the designated countries, Indonesia, but I have been in the Netherlands for almost 10 years. So theoretically I don't need any medical exam. They will take this argument, plus the fact that they abandon my application, into consideration.

All in all, my passport will leave the embassy today. I don't know if there will be a visa inside, or if they still want me to do the exam, but I will be able to leave the Netherlands. There is an option that my application will be transferred to Jakarta. I will let you know! This Vienna office is driving me nuts :mad:

But again, congrats Eddie! Hope to see you somewhere in Canada :D