ignorant

Dec 15, 2016
Istanbul, Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I wanted to gather Turkish applicant applying for Express Entry under this topic for easier information exchange.
My main purpose in launching this will be about sharing tips & tricks specially applicable to Turkey.
We might consider about forming a Whatsapp group later on.

Cheers & good luck

emrec

Nov 5, 2015
Hello! Glad to be the first to respond to this post.

I have just successfully passed the mid-January Express Entry draw in January and received my ITA (Invitation To Apply).
Next step is to get police certificates and to get my medical checks done.

Has anyone got experience with the doctors listed in Ankara? What are the prices like is my obvious question at this point.

Good luck all.

Emre

barisbc

Feb 20, 2016
Hey everyone,

The doctors on Tunali Hilmi stated a price of 500 liras. However they didn't sound thoroughly familiar with the system. They asked for an IME number to complete the medical exam and stated they would be sending the results to CIC automatically, however I read here that such information is not necessary for the upfront medical exam for EE and that we need to upload the results ourselves.

For reference: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-exam-help-t472447.0.html

Can anyone confirm?

Baris

ignorant

Dec 15, 2016
Istanbul, Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Baris and Emre,

Its great to see some life under this topic:)
I also have received my Invitation to Apply couple of weeks earlier and what I can tell you is, the medical checks cost 470TL per person in Istanbul.
Only American Hospital is accredited for this and unfortunately, they have also told me the same thing that they need a code to conduct the medical check.
So I'm in the stage of fulfilling my application online. I have a problem though, I have a new baby born just a week before I received my ITA (luckily, I had included her in my application) but she doesn't have her passport or ID card. This is blocking everything about my application and my fingers are crossed to have the ID as soon as possible to begin the process.
In terms of police checks, I strongly suggest you to go to the courthouse and ask for Archival records for everyone in the application.
A regular check that you can get from e-devlet is not enough. Also please don't forget to include "archival records" words in the English translation, otherwise you can get denied just for this.

Lets keep in touch about our application progress, so that in the future, more of our fellow citizens can benefit from this topic.

Cheers,
Burak

emrec

Nov 5, 2015
Yes hello, glad to be here!
Good luck Burak!

Since the medical is required to be UPFRONT for the EE program
(Mycic page, but I can't submit links on the forum yet)
we will just have to emphasize to the medical centres that they will have to link the medical check to our passport number and perhaps our national identity number, as mentioned in the thread Barış linked.

Also thanks for the price information.

Emre

Jan 30, 2017
Good luck to you all :)

Normally you are allowed to get an upfront medical exam with your passport and get print you a reference sheet that has your name, photo, the reference code and tests they have done.

No results will be included in that sheet and you will upload that sheet to your profile when you get your ITA.

The doctors in Turkey might not be familiar with the upfront medical exam procedures and I would be cautious and wait until I get an ITA instead of convincing them to make an exam for you and make a mistake in the process. It would cost you the medical exam fees and application fees if the medical exam was not done properly or missing information. If you are sure you will get an ITA, just make an appointment right after the expected draw date so you will only lose 1 week.

emrec

Nov 5, 2015
Yeah, um, like I've said in my first post, I've already received an ITA . Meaning I need to get my medical check done soon.

Thanks for the info on the nitty gritty of the procedure nonetheless.

barisbc

Feb 20, 2016
Hello again everyone,

Just wanted to share the details of a phone call I had with the doctor's office in Ankara, Tunali Hilmi Caddesi.

When they found out that I'm looking for an upfront exam, they stated that I am required to bring:

Passport or national ID
Reports of any past major surgeries
All regularly used medication, if any
Glasses, if used

The price is 530 TL. No pictures are required as it will be taken on the premises.

The examination will take approximately an hour and a half, and afterwards you will be provided with a report proving that you underwent the medical exam. 2 days following the examination, they will upload the results on an online system, where they will be shared with CIC.

If anyone has any information regarding the procedure of obtaining proof and having the medical institution upload the results, please share.

Good luck!

mmm72

Jan 10, 2017
Great to see some activity here. It is so valuable to hear other people's experiences.
-Getting Police clearance from the court is the best option where they mention the "archives".
-I already have ITA, and willing to get my medical check done this weekend. I will let you guys know about the outcome. I will only bring my passport& ITA letter with me as I dont have any previous injuries. In addition I dont wear any glasses.
-I just want to ask people here which agencies are being used to do the translations. There are many translators that claim to be certified but it is hard to rely on them as they would be rejected by CIC. Any suggesstions?

take care all!

ignorant

Dec 15, 2016
Istanbul, Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mmm72 said:
-I just want to ask people here which agencies are being used to do the translations. There are many translators that claim to be certified but it is hard to rely on them as they would be rejected by CIC. Any suggesstions?
Dear mmm72, great to have you here as well.
As far as I know, it is up to the notary public to whether accept or deny the translations.
Although not sure, I strongly believe that there is not a list of approved agencies for translations. You have to go talk to the notary public who is going to approve the translations and ask them which (or any) sworn translators that you can use.
But it would be great to exchange cost information because this might easily be the most expensive part of the whole process.

Feb 6, 2017
ignorant said:
In terms of police checks, I strongly suggest you to go to the courthouse and ask for Archival records for everyone in the application.
A regular check that you can get from e-devlet is not enough. Also please don't forget to include "archival records" words in the English translation, otherwise you can get denied just for this.
Hi,

I am from Azerbaijan. Just for the sake of curiosity I want to make sure is it the same for all countries?
Because in Azerbaijan the fastest and esiest way to get police certificate from e-gov. Or ASAN the government organisation where you can deal with nearly all sort of jobs with state.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
Hello I just got my ITA as well :) Congrats to all!!!

So I have a question;

I graduated from a Canadian University with a Bachelors,, I finished and MBA here in Turkey and I am doing my PHD currently.. I wasnt awarded any points for my Masters because I didint bother with WES, I still had enough points...

However in the personal history section it asks us what activities we did for the last 10 years,

Well I attended a Canadian University for another 1,5 years after my graduation for another degree but did not finish it, and this is during the last 10 years... I added that to my personal history (because there should be no gaps) however now I am thinking if I should include it in my education history as well ... When I try to add it with a "Not complete" option It still asks if I received a Canadian degree and the answer is No because I didnt finish it.. however it IS a Canadian university...and I should not be asked for an ECA for it....

What do you suggest? Should I choose Not Complete and still say yes to that Canadian degree thing or should I just say No...or should I not include it at all..

Last time I called CIC , it took about 20 minutes to get through...

Please help... *sigh*

mmm72

Jan 10, 2017
Hi guys,

Today I got my upfront med check done at American Hospital, and would like to share my experience.
-You check in to the check up department of the hospital and tell them that you are there to have upfront medical check. They ask you whether you need it for worker's permit, to study or to visit. My answer was worker.
-You have visual check, height&weight check and blood pressure.Then they take your blood sample and ask for your urine for further tests.
-Next they ask you to have your lungs x-rayed. It is somewhere down stairs, very accessible thru the elevator.
- After the x-ray you sit down and wait for the physician. He just checks general stuff such as your breathing, swallowing, sight, ear and asks you general questions about your overall health and previous surgeries if there was any.
-Finally you sign some papers that states that your results will be sent to CIC. They give you the papers to be uploaded. The whole thing costs 475 TL.

Hope this helps to people who are planning to get their medical check done. Take care all!

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
mmm72 said:
Hi guys,

Today I got my upfront med check done at American Hospital, and would like to share my experience.
-You check in to the check up department of the hospital and tell them that you are there to have upfront medical check. They ask you whether you need it for worker's permit, to study or to visit. My answer was worker.
-You have visual check, height&weight check and blood pressure.Then they take your blood sample and ask for your urine for further tests.
-Next they ask you to have your lungs x-rayed. It is somewhere down stairs, very accessible thru the elevator.
- After the x-ray you sit down and wait for the physician. He just checks general stuff such as your breathing, swallowing, sight, ear and asks you general questions about your overall health and previous surgeries if there was any.
-Finally you sign some papers that states that your results will be sent to CIC. They give you the papers to be uploaded. The whole thing costs 475 TL.

Hope this helps to people who are planning to get their medical check done. Take care all!
Hi mmm72

Thank you for the shared info, I wanted to ask you; although I have received the ITA they still ask for the "Upfront" Medical exam,,, werent we supposed to get a IMxxx document for the Medical Examination in our messages or smt?... I thought upfront was for those who were waiting for ITA... however I see that you also did the upfront exam; so you also got the ITA right?

I am just confused ... why it is still called the upfront ? If there are any people out there who knows the answer I will be glad if they reply....

Thanksss

Ezgi

mmm72

Jan 10, 2017
Ezgi84 said:
Hi mmm72

Thank you for the shared info, I wanted to ask you; although I have received the ITA they still ask for the "Upfront" Medical exam,,, werent we supposed to get a IMxxx document for the Medical Examination in our messages or smt?... I thought upfront was for those who were waiting for ITA... however I see that you also did the upfront exam; so you also got the ITA right?

I am just confused ... why it is still called the upfront ? If there are any people out there who knows the answer I will be glad if they reply....

Thanksss

Ezgi

Hi,
You dont need that IMxxxx when you show up and tell them that you want an "upfront" medical check. I got the ITA last month but that IMxxx shows up after some time--(most probably after you submit your docs)-- so you dont have to wait that much. Go get it done right away:). You just need to upload the document that they give you at the end which states that check results should be reffered to their database. Hope this answers ur question.