Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
cdhbamboo said:
Thank you very much, Jessiezz.

One more question: I will travel back to China from July to August. So I am wondering whether it is allowed that I finish my medical exam in China, while my application is submitted to Buffalo(maybe Ottawa now). Do you have any clue from letters?

I found something from online :"If you or any eligible dependent are outside your normal area of residence for an extended period of time, it may be possible for you to be examined by a DMP in another area. Additional information on DMPs in other countries is available on the internet". These are told to be on the letters.

Is it true?
It is true, but I would advice against doing it abroad. It is safer, faster and more trustworthy here.

Luigiovemma

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-20-2013
Nomination.....
03-05-2014
AOR Received.
04-30-2014
Med's Request
04-30-2014
TyrusX said:
It is true, but I would advice against doing it abroad. It is safer, faster and more trustworthy here.
Does it matter if my partner and I take the medical exam in different countries? It is very likely that he'll be out of Canada by the time the medical request comes...

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Luigiovemma said:
Does it matter if my partner and I take the medical exam in different countries? It is very likely that he'll be out of Canada by the time the medical request comes...
It is okay. It should be okay even if you both do else where. The exam should be exactly the same as the one we got before coming to Canada, which I think everyone did in their home countries. HIV,Tuberculosis, X-ray, etc. I just suspect that things may move faster when things are made in Canada, but I have no proof.

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
TyrusX said:
Thanks, Tyrusx. We do have the same concern, that's why we want to confirm it again.

a_nashed

Star Member
May 12, 2012
asbereth said:
This is, I believe, one of the drawbacks in applying through PhD stream. They should've made the PhD stream a class under CEC so we wouldn't have to worry about bank balance anymore (and even number of points). I personally know several students under similar circumstances (that they too are PhD students, whose Canadian work experience is only TA/RA), but with Canadian degrees, so they were actually eligible to apply under CEC, and they didn't have to provide bank statements as proof of funds. Because we are under FSW, unfortunately we need to provide bank statements, and apparently, even 6 months worth of transactions :( Maybe while writing the regulations, they expected most PhD students to be self-funded...

Hi a_nashed, can you provide the date your credit card got charged as well? Thanks.
Credit card charged May 04

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
samira sokn said:
Congratulation jessiezz that is really a good piece of news any one heard from snowwalker?
I didn't receive anything yet. And my case would be a bit different since I did not send the police clearance with the application.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
I lifted this from someones post today:

"If you are an American or national of another country currently residing in the U.S. or Canada and want to submit a permanent resident application:

Economic Class applications must first be sent to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada (CIO-S). Family Class applications must also first be mailed to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada (CPC-M). Applications that have been screened for positive eligibility will be sent directly to CPP-O for further processing. Applicants should indicate “CPP-O” as the processing office where indicated in their application.

Economic and Family Class applications that have already been submitted to CIO-S or CPC-M and have been screened for positive eligibility have already been redirected to CPP-O. Applicants are not required to contact CPP-O to ensure their application was redirected. Applicants will be contacted once a final decision has been made.

Applications that are currently at the Buffalo visa office will be transferred to CPP-O for final processing. Applicants are not required to contact CPP-O to ensure their application has been transferred. Applicants will be contacted at the next stage of processing or once a final decision has been made."

ejamal

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
24-02-2012
Med's Request
25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
@Brit_Immigrant, Do you mind sharing the original source of that piece of information? It's a bit strange that a regular applicant/user would be able to come by that kind of information, unless it was published in the news of he/she received through a personal communication with CIC.

Thanks,

Brit_Immigrant said:
I lifted this from someones post today:

"If you are an American or national of another country currently residing in the U.S. or Canada and want to submit a permanent resident application:

Economic Class applications must first be sent to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada (CIO-S). Family Class applications must also first be mailed to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada (CPC-M). Applications that have been screened for positive eligibility will be sent directly to CPP-O for further processing. Applicants should indicate “CPP-O” as the processing office where indicated in their application.

Economic and Family Class applications that have already been submitted to CIO-S or CPC-M and have been screened for positive eligibility have already been redirected to CPP-O. Applicants are not required to contact CPP-O to ensure their application was redirected. Applicants will be contacted once a final decision has been made.

Applications that are currently at the Buffalo visa office will be transferred to CPP-O for final processing. Applicants are not required to contact CPP-O to ensure their application has been transferred. Applicants will be contacted at the next stage of processing or once a final decision has been made."

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
ejamal said:
@ Brit_Immigrant, Do you mind sharing the original source of that piece of information? It's a bit strange that a regular applicant/user would be able to come by that kind of information, unless it was published in the news of he/she received through a personal communication with CIC.

Thanks,
Sure it was Willem, post: 'News from Buffalo is available!"

He must have had personal correspondence, plus it definitely fits with everyone in this thread that has received something from Ottawa

Scrap that it is posted on the CIC website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-buffalo.asp

ejamal

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
24-02-2012
Med's Request
25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Thanks, that's a great news for every one :D No More Buffalo!!!

Brit_Immigrant said:
Sure it was Willem, post: 'News from Buffalo is available!"

He must have had personal correspondence, plus it definitely fits with everyone in this thread that has received something from Ottawa

Scrap that it is posted on the CIC website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-buffalo.asp

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
ejamal said:
Thanks, that's a great news for every one :D No More Buffalo!!!
Yes. Plenty of Operational Bulletins today about this:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/index.asp

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
hamed_hamed said:
To jessiezz: May I know when you got your PER? Ejamal got his on Feb. 24. If we know yours too, I think we can get an estimate of our medical date hopefully.

Thanks.
It was the same date. Our suspicion is 3 months after PER.

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
TyrusX said:
Yes. Plenty of Operational Bulletins today about this:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/index.asp
More good news! Excellent - keep them coming! :) Have we heard from MASOUD? He ought to be the next geting the MEDs...