Mar 16, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will make a call to CIC tomorrow regarding my application
will hit my 6 months waiting period on 10th June.
can you guys give me some advice what specific questions i should ask
may be can i get my ppr before the 10 June?? when is my background check start and where is my visa office....
You can ask the following questions:

1. Where is my application at, CPC?

2. Is my Eligibility finished?

3. Is my security finished?

If all are yes, then you have just to wait for PPR.

Reactions: boboliang

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Yes, the agent just tell me not to expect to be finished in 6 months.

I am so depressed and I have nothing to verify.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad
have you got your GCMS notes? check if your group name is "PNP Secure Outstanding". If yes then it would take more than 6months even one year :)

boboliang

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
just check the cic application processing times few mins ago, it shows express extry for pnp is

Since Express Entry is a new system and not enough applications have been received yet, processing times are not available but we have committed to process the majority of applications in six months or less.

i remember last time i saw it was
we have committed to process 80% of applications in 6 months or less...

mshergill

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Hi Everyone,
It's so hard to look at people with aor in March are getting their PPRs and we PNP applicants waiting since December
What a discrimantion.
At knowing that nothing can be done about this, make the situation worse.
Is everyone feeling the same or it's just me?

boboliang

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
Hi Everyone,
It's so hard to look at people with aor in March are getting their PPRs and we PNP applicants waiting since December
What a discrimantion.
At knowing that nothing can be done about this, make the situation worse.
Is everyone feeling the same or it's just me?
same feeling
cry...:<

Maggiechen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Guys, I called CIC this morning, as I reached 6 month mark yesterday. The agent said everything is fine,but the security check is not completed yet. And I asked him if I was in the group of "PNP security outstanding"?He said he didn't see anything indicating that . I am wondering if what the agent see is the same with GCMS note?

canada108

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is PNP Inland processing time taking mare than 6 months now? Any news for December applicants?

sms_1190

Feb 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does inland people get single entry visa with COPR? I customer service and the lady said I don't need visa. Can anybody confirm?
My work permit is going to expire in July and I am thinking to travel to India for a month and do landing when I return.
PS: I will return before my work permit visa got expired.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Matt what did CIC agents tell you about your case? As far as I know, your file was placed in a special group and probably that is why you are facing this delay.
This category is mentioned only in my GCSM notes. There are numerous other applicants that are in the same category and have been facing a significant delay like me as well. So we have come to the conclusion that it cannot be a coincidence. That is why we thing it is about this particular sub-group (secure outstanding). On the other hand, CIC does not confirm this conclusion. Instead, they only say that processing time varies from case to case and there is no guarantee that every application can be processed within 6 months. What we absolutely know is that there are other government agencies - both Canadian and external - such as CSIS, Interpol and FBI etc. However, I cannot say for absolutely sure which external agencies are involved in the security screening process. What we also assume is that the likelihood of a longer security screening increases if the applicant had served in the military or been a public servant outside Canada. I know numerous people from the forum that have compulsory military service and/or government service in their CVs such as me. Honestly, as I mentioned in other treats as well, I consider this kind of over securitized consideration of security screening fairly over-exaggerated especially for applications from within Canada, since 1) those applicants are already located in Canada over years, 2) people with criminal intentions do nor require to become permanent resident in a country in order to initiate their criminal acts and 3) criminal people are nor so foolish to provide authorities their entire life-history with evidences and documents. Although I am convinced that this procedure of CIC is quite old-fashioned and does not provide a significant increase on the quality if immigrant-selection in terms of Canadian domestic security, there are a good number of forum-participants here that disagree with me. They misunderstand and confuse criticism of mine: they think, I am saying Canadian government should not check backgrounds of applicants. Of course this is ridiculous :) I don't say that. In contrary, I do believe they have to check the background of immigrants properly. Nevertheless, in today's world 1) it is not normal to conduct security screening over several months and 2) those long lasting checks are mostly not reliable. In other countries (such as Germany) there are in-depth interviews face to face with an immigration agent: they ask questions, you answer, and the officer can compare the info yo provide with the info they get within the conventional screening process, so they are able to profile you in a way sophisticated method and besides they are also in the position to observe your body language of face impressions etc. Bottom-line: Canadian immigration system has its own weaknesses. But we cannot change it, so we have to accept it, because we need it, if we want to become PR of this beautiful country. I don't blame Canada at all, but it doesn't mean that I have to like the methods of CIC. For me, CIC is not representative for Canada's well-deserved image as a very good place for newcomers.
I hope the info I provided helps. And you guys forgive my personal comments on Canada'a immigration system. :)
Best of luck to us all.

Reactions: tpurohit

wengehua

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2016
Passport Req..
waiting
BGC IP2 yesterday. Security passed as well and hope all us early Dec AORs PPR soon

purelife

May 19, 2017
PNP Inland AOR Jan 16, 2017

Just called in CIC and thought I'd share my case status:

Application sitting at CPC Ottawa
Eligibility hasn't started
Passed criminal
Security check pending

cscscs

Star Member
May 26, 2016
PNP Inland AOR Jan 16, 2017

Just called in CIC and thought I'd share my case status:

Application sitting at CPC Ottawa
Eligibility hasn't started
Passed criminal
Security check pending
What is your current status in your CIC account? Meaning Background and Medical?????

purelife

May 19, 2017
What is your current status in your CIC account? Meaning Background and Medical?????
On My CIC:

App. Status: received your application. will send msg if need more info
Eligibility: we are reviewing
Medical: passed medical
add. doc: have been uploaded (my CELPIP test result)
Interview: do not need one
Background: not applicable
final decision: application is in progress