not required
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
6 september 2016
Hello
I applied online for study permit on 12 july, I uploaded my medical upfront i.e. on 12 july itself.
I received blank update email from CIC on 19 august but there was no actual update in my account.
No update was received after that . My classes start from 6 september. No clue where this is going Sad
Anyone with the same case

nav4321

Aug 25, 2016
did you get any update from them till now?

Let us know your experience and the timeline kindly.

thanks

micbinli1234

Sep 1, 2016
nav4321 said:
did you get any update from them till now?

Let us know your experience and the timeline kindly.

thanks
I just sent my paper application package(Study permit) to the VAC LA 3 days ago, today's status is "Your current application status is Application Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration"

anyone knows what's gonna happen next? how long do I wait? please share, Thanks!

wan2no

Jan 20, 2012
Hi there,
I have few quick question regarding multiple entry visitor visa holder of Canada applying from inside Canada for 2 Yrs masters program study permit through los Angeles visa office
1. Is it a valid application while residing in Canada ?
2. Does one require to go US for biometric by US visa or is there any way to send biometric from Canada ?
3. As he has bangladeshi passport visited US earlier in valid visa ( now expired) what is the chance to get a US visa while the current Canada visitor visa is about to finish?
4. He got refused once as applied inside Canada in Ottawa office. Now got information that it's possible to apply Los Angles office through online though physically in Canada. His application is valid, right?
5. Can he apply through home country or through any other country by sending application by post while not residing there but inside Canada? Is it like one must need to be physically present while applying through a particular country's embassy

micbinli1234

Sep 1, 2016
wan2no said:
Hi there,
I have few quick question regarding multiple entry visitor visa holder of Canada applying from inside Canada for 2 Yrs masters program study permit through los Angeles visa office
1. Is it a valid application while residing in Canada ?
2. Does one require to go US for biometric by US visa or is there any way to send biometric from Canada ?
3. As he has bangladeshi passport visited US earlier in valid visa ( now expired) what is the chance to get a US visa while the current Canada visitor visa is about to finish?
4. He got refused once as applied inside Canada in Ottawa office. Now got information that it's possible to apply Los Angles office through online though physically in Canada. His application is valid, right?
5. Can he apply through home country or through any other country by sending application by post while not residing there but inside Canada? Is it like one must need to be physically present while applying through a particular country's embassy
1. Yes
2. I am not sure about this since I don't need to provide. I think you can check the vac Los Angeles website for more information or give them a call
3. I think the chance is 50 50, I need a strong reason to persuade the us visa officer. However I don't think u must be there in person.
4. All inside applications for study permit need to be send to la
5. In this case, I think he can only apply from his home country or la USA . If you choose la, it must be paper application, and it is faster

evelyn9997

Nov 10, 2016
hello there
so I'm trying to re-apply for my study permit while being inside candy through los angeles, but in the application form says country of residence at the moment I'm in canada should i put the address where I'm staying here in canada or another.... also someone did an application for me before this and she sent it to vegreville I'm sure that it won't be valid because i heard it needs to be sent to los angeles...
right?
thanks

evelyn9997

Nov 10, 2016
so should i put that my country of residence its canada instead of england and also where it says country where applying from i should put canada right?
thanks

Abii21900

Nov 4, 2016
Your country of residence and the country applying from both is Canada. In your application they will ask you, if you have lived in any other country except Canada in the last 5 years, if you have, you need to give them that address, if not it's Canada only.

nidaque

Nov 8, 2016
Applications from within Canada need to be send to LA vac ONLY.
IF YOUR FINGERPRINTS ARE REQUIRED,you will have to go to la in person.
if you apply online you will have to go to US for fingerprints so you need valid US visit visa.
as for the address you can put your canadian address, its absolutely fine

evelyn9997 said:
hello there
so I'm trying to re-apply for my study permit while being inside candy through los angeles, but in the application form says country of residence at the moment I'm in canada should i put the address where I'm staying here in canada or another.... also someone did an application for me before this and she sent it to vegreville I'm sure that it won't be valid because i heard it needs to be sent to los angeles...
right?
thanks