Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
M.A.G.4.0. said:
I just took my General IELTS and I was so thankful I got the points that I needed: Listening 7.5, Reading 7, Writing 6.5 & Speaking 7 = Band Score of 7.

You know what I did, I read as many English articles as possible, I tried writing task 1 and taks 2 almost everyday and I listened to British Radio everytime I had a chance.

I wasn't expecting I will be able to have this score but thank God, I did. And you too can. I always believe nothing is impossible.

All the best,
Irene

Dear IRENE
Thank you for sharing your experience. all friends in forum decided to get good result in IELTS.could you write down some books which was useful?
Thanks in advance

Lynn67

Aug 18, 2011
Thanks alot,
I know now that I need to do the general exam, is there any prep books you can recommend or any help you can give me is much appreciated

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lynn67 said:
Thanks alot,
I know now that I need to do the general exam, is there any prep books you can recommend or any help you can give me is much appreciated
Yes why not!!
Please put your email I will send you whole documents are essential for the IELTS TEST

sheel

Sep 5, 2011
Umer Shahzad said:
Anyone need help regarding IELTS contact me
I am answering ielts next month. can u pls send me some materials for preparing ? pls send at
mathewshilu@yahoo.co.nz
thanks

irenesario

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Philippines
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saeid2011 said:
Dear IRENE
Thank you for sharing your experience. all friends in forum decided to get good result in IELTS.could you write down some books which was useful?
Thanks in advance
Saeid2011:

Honestly I did not used any specific IELTS review materials, I just followed what the reviewer told me that when it comes to Listening, listen to British accent conversations, I did that by listening to BBC radio online. It also helped that I did an actual listening exams 4 times a week for 1 month which were provided by the review center which I enrolled from. For the reading part, I read daily British written articles online and I did that for 3 hours or more, because reading will greatly help in the comprehension of articles which is quite important when taking the IELTS reading category . While for the writing, I read free sample IELTS writing online, and did a daily writing of articles. For my speaking, I made sure I speak English when I'm at home, what they test with speaking is your fluency and the spontaneity of your reply. You don't need to speak their accent, but you have to make sure you're answering what the examiner would like to know in a spontaneous manner. I hope this helps.

Irene

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheel said:
I am answering ielts next month. can u pls send me some materials for preparing ? pls send at
mathewshilu @ yahoo.co.nz
thanks
Please check your email now. all Cambridge IELTS books and materials sent to your email.
Note this email has been sent by Dr.Hasib before.

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The best online free website for IELTS

http://www.ielts-worldwide.com/

information regarding listening

Your performance on the IELTS listening test will be enhanced if you try the IELTS example listening test below.
The IELTS listening test is in the same format for both the Academic and General Training Modules.

You will hear a number of recorded conversations and dialogues in the English language for the IELTS listening test.

The audio tape or CD will feature speakers with a variety of accents.

There may also be some monologues or lectures.

You will be given time to read through the questions on the IELTS listening test before you hear the tape.

However, you will only hear the tape once.

The IELTS listening test usually last around half an hour to 40 minutes.

There are 40 questions on the IELTS listening test, which is divided into four parts.

When the listening test ends, you will be given 10 extra minutes to transfer your answers from you IELTS test paper to your answer sheet.

The listening tests on each of our practice tests are in the same format and style as the actual IELTS listening test.

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS practice tests

http://www.ielts.studyau.com/

more information regarding IETLS

http://www.examenglish.com/IELTS/index.php

http://www.ielts-blog.com/

more information regarding IELT in this blog

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Umer Shahzad said:
The best online free website for IELTS

http://www.ielts-worldwide.com/

information regarding listening

Your performance on the IELTS listening test will be enhanced if you try the IELTS example listening test below.
The IELTS listening test is in the same format for both the Academic and General Training Modules.

You will hear a number of recorded conversations and dialogues in the English language for the IELTS listening test.

The audio tape or CD will feature speakers with a variety of accents.

There may also be some monologues or lectures.

You will be given time to read through the questions on the IELTS listening test before you hear the tape.

However, you will only hear the tape once.

The IELTS listening test usually last around half an hour to 40 minutes.

There are 40 questions on the IELTS listening test, which is divided into four parts.

When the listening test ends, you will be given 10 extra minutes to transfer your answers from you IELTS test paper to your answer sheet.

The listening tests on each of our practice tests are in the same format and style as the actual IELTS listening test.
Dear Umer Shahzad
Salam
Thank you for helpful information

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
M.A.G.4.0. said:
Saeid2011:

Honestly I did not used any specific IELTS review materials, I just followed what the reviewer told me that when it comes to Listening, listen to British accent conversations, I did that by listening to BBC radio online. It also helped that I did an actual listening exams 4 times a week for 1 month which were provided by the review center which I enrolled from. For the reading part, I read daily British written articles online and I did that for 3 hours or more, because reading will greatly help in the comprehension of articles which is quite important when taking the IELTS reading category . While for the writing, I read free sample IELTS writing online, and did a daily writing of articles. For my speaking, I made sure I speak English when I'm at home, what they test with speaking is your fluency and the spontaneity of your reply. You don't need to speak their accent, but you have to make sure you're answering what the examiner would like to know in a spontaneous manner. I hope this helps.

Irene
Thank you for guidance. According to your advice let me know about these cases:
1-could you put links of BBC Radio for general usage?
2-who every one can access to British written articles online and free sample IELTS writing online?
3-finally can you tell me what your native language is? If it is not private!!!!
Cheers
SAEID

irenesario

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Philippines
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saeid2011 said:
Thank you for guidance. According to your advice let me know about these cases:

1-could you put links of BBC Radio for general usage?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_world_service..This is the station I often listen to when I was reviewing for my IELTS exams.

2-who every one can access to British written articles online and free sample IELTS writing online?

BBC News (UK) - I read BBC news daily when I was reviewing for my IELTS because they use British English., .for the writing I often google free IELTS general writing sample and when I see a good one, I use it as a pattern in my writing practice

3-finally can you tell me what your native language is? If it is not private!!!!
My native language is Filipino but I speak English with my children, that is why the language my children learned to speak is English.

All the best
Irene

irenesario

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Philippines
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I took my first General IELTS exams last May 2011 with the following band scores:

Listening: 7.5
Reading : 7
Writing : 6.5
Speaking: 7
Overall
band : 7

Irene

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
M.A.G.4.0. said:
I took my first General IELTS exams last May 2011 with the following band scores:

Listening: 7.5
Reading : 7
Writing : 6.5
Speaking: 7
Overall
band : 7

Irene
You get maximum score for IELTS
Congratulation
but I do it on May 2011 with following:
Listening:4
Speaking:4.5