+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any advantages of opening TD Account in USA

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello All,

I am in USA right now and have all my USA accounts with Bank of America. I was in Canada for 13 months and still have some money in Scotia account.

I am planning to relocate to Canada next year and wondering if their is any advantage of opening a TD Checking/Saving/Credit Card account in USA.

Will TD Account in USA help me after I relocate to Canada?

Thanks!!

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
From what I've read, there doesn't seem to be one, but I too would love to hear from someone who has TD on both sides of the border. @APPNOV2014NY did you find much benefit with the Scotia Bank account and BofA? I have BofA, and was considering opening a Scotia Bank account to save on the ATM fees.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
I have BofA, and was considering opening a Scotia Bank account to save on the ATM fees.
I did it for same reason. I was in Canada for 13 months and wanted easy access to money in BOFA account for emergencies hence went with Scotia. Also Scotia branch was close to place where I was staying and working in Canada.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
I did it for same reason. I was in Canada for 13 months and wanted easy access to money in BOFA account for emergencies hence went with Scotia. Also Scotia branch was close to place where I was staying and working in Canada.

Any other benefits to using them? Also how would you rate your experience with them?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Any other benefits to using them? Also how would you rate your experience with them?
I have never heard anything bad about them. My experience was satisfactory. Look into their StartRight package and stay away from their free locker ( not worth it).