+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amended Work Permit not sent yet by CIC / OSC Ottawa

karandas.p@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2016
Hello All,

I had sent my Post Grad work permit to the Operations Services Centre, Ottawa to have it amended. This was done in June 2017. Normally, the processing time is 1 month followed by 10 day period for it to reach me by snail mail / post. However, I haven't received my amended work permit neither did I receive any automated email by CIC.

I called up the customer helpline and they agreed to send a reminder message. It seems that my application was approved and the necessary correction was done. However, they haven't sent it yet. When I called again, they said there is a 90-day waiting period before which they cannot send any further messages.

I obviously would have to wait since the OSC does not have any telephone or email. It is a closed office and I understand that. I would like to know if anyone else has been in the same boat as me and when did you eventually receive your amended work permit? How long did it take?

Lastly, I am planning a trip back to my home country and I would need the Work Permit along with my TRV to go and come back again isn't it?

Can anyone shed light on this or / and any experiences you have had too?

Regards,
kp

karandas.p@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2016
As an update to my posts above, I logged into my CIC account and attempted to Link the application to my account. After entering in the relevant details, to my surprise, I found that it succeeded. (I was surprised because my earlier paper applications did not link to my online account).
Anyways, so now my work permit Application number is in the list of submitted profiles and the status appears as "Pending Registration".

Does anyone on this forum know what this means? Typically, requests for amendments take 1 month and it is now close to two months and the status shows as "Pending Registration" ...

Has anyone else had a similar experience while getting their work permits amended @ the OSC in Ottawa?
Furthermore, how much longer would it typically take for my work permit to go from the "pending registration" phase to the "Approved" phase?

As a side note: CIC customer service told me that my request for amendment was already approved.. strange that it shud reflect as described.

NidaR

Feb 11, 2019
Hey how did you link your application? What options did you choose?
As an update to my posts above, I logged into my CIC account and attempted to Link the application to my account. After entering in the relevant details, to my surprise, I found that it succeeded. (I was surprised because my earlier paper applications did not link to my online account).
Anyways, so now my work permit Application number is in the list of submitted profiles and the status appears as "Pending Registration".

Does anyone on this forum know what this means? Typically, requests for amendments take 1 month and it is now close to two months and the status shows as "Pending Registration" ...

Has anyone else had a similar experience while getting their work permits amended @ the OSC in Ottawa?
Furthermore, how much longer would it typically take for my work permit to go from the "pending registration" phase to the "Approved" phase?

As a side note: CIC customer service told me that my request for amendment was already approved.. strange that it shud reflect as described.