+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I all set for Canada???

Ronan_Eire

Aug 10, 2017
Hi Guys,

I've searched for previous relevant threads however none I've found have sufficient answers.

I've applied for the IEC visa/work permit.
A couple of hours later I received the 'Correspondence Letter'. Am I now clear to go to Canada?
I'm aware I need the insurance and proof of funds also.

I've found it difficult to get a straight answer anywhere.
I keep seeing the term 'Letter ofIntroduction'....Is this the same as 'Correspondence Letter'?

Also when I log into my account, under 'View my submitted applications/profiles' it has approved for the worl permit line but for the IEC it says 'invitation received'....this is the part that has me feeling apprehensive. Can anyone shed some light on this???

I'm struggling to believe I've received approval after four hours when I've heard my friends have had to wait between 10 days and 4 weeks for approval previously

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ronan

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So what does this letter say ? Does it say you have been approved and must enter the country by a certain date ?

You are I assume looking at the status/messages from the approved line, ignore the invitation received line as that is history only. From the approved line this would take you to where the correspondence letter link is displayed which when opened should be clear enough saying application has been approved and so on. This is the letter you need to print ensuring all the dates and bar codes are clearly printed.

There is no logic how quickly or not applications get approved same as early on in the process no logic why people wait weeks to get an invite yet people wait days and leapfrog others. Four hours though seems quick but as long as the official letter is in your MYCIC account, and says approved with enter by dates you should be good

Reactions: Ronan_Eire

Ronan_Eire

Aug 10, 2017
So what does this letter say ? Does it say you have been approved and must enter the country by a certain date ?

You are I assume looking at the status/messages from the approved line, ignore the invitation received line as that is history only. From the approved line this would take you to where the correspondence letter link is displayed which when opened should be clear enough saying application has been approved and so on. This is the letter you need to print ensuring all the dates and bar codes are clearly printed.

There is no logic how quickly or not applications get approved same as early on in the process no logic why people wait weeks to get an invite yet people wait days and leapfrog others. Four hours though seems quick but as long as the official letter is in your MYCIC account, and says approved with enter by dates you should be good
Thanks for the reply......

So the letter says:

Your application to work in Canada has been approved. A permit authorizing you to work will be issued to you
on your arrival to Canada following an examination by an officer of the Canada Border Services Agency, subject
to your compliance with the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations.
The officer will ask to see this letter, your passport and may request to see your supporting documents. Do not
pack these or other valuable papers in your checked luggage. You can find out more about which documents
you will need to bring with you by visiting

You must seek entry to Canada to obtain your work permit by ******** (yyyy/mm/dd).

Is this all I'll receive before heading over?

Cheers,