+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alternative to Employment reference Letter

amalmathew

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Can anyone please advise if there is any alternative to the employment reference letter while applying for PR through express entry? My employer is not willing to provide me with the employment reference letter.

I read somewhere that I can use affidavits from colleagues regarding the same.
Kindly comment.

Thanks

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Yes a colleague can write a letter confirming your roles and responsibilities. Have the letter notarised. Also attach business card , any other proof of the colleague employment in the same company

amalmathew

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Thank you mapleleaf987. So should we also provide a self declaration affidavit along with the reference letter of the senior in the company? Or just the reference letter will be enough?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Thank you mapleleaf987. So should we also provide a self declaration affidavit along with the reference letter of the senior in the company? Or just the reference letter will be enough?
You will need a self declaration affidavit. In common parlance on these forums it's called loe or letter of explaination. You could be submitting any documents to cic in a format not consistent with their specifications . That is fine. But in that case you should upload a loe justifying why u could not get what cic asked and are providing na alternate. It is just a simple letter like u would write you you teacher or boss asking for a leave. Here u could just say my company policy restricts them from Providing work ref letter in the template prescribed by cic. So in lieu I'm attaching a notarised letter from a colleague validating my roles and tenure.. etc etc..