+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

tamyeh

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
How long after you won your appeal did you receive the letter saying you won?
I didn't have a hearing, I received a phone call from the IAD a week before the hearing date and they told me my appeal was allowed by the minister. I got a letter from the minister's counsel on the same day, and then a letter from the IAD about two weeks after.

Reactions: Alicee and VG73

MARIE43

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
I didn't have a hearing, I received a phone call from the IAD a week before the hearing date and they told me my appeal was allowed by the minister. I got a letter from the minister's counsel on the same day, and then a letter from the IAD about two weeks after.
You are very fortunate to not have a hearing and your appeal being allowed.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
I had my appeal hearing July 5th...waiting now for a decision.
So how do you feel the hearing went? How long was it for? Did they call the spouse that is sponsored?

Reactions: tamyeh

Alicee

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
Interview........
17-05-2017
I have had decision made since I received AOR in 2015. So I have no updates in regards to appeal since Jan 24.2017. I was asked to do our 3rd medical Jan 31,2017. And asked for updated forms and police check April 18,2017. We received the email which was dated Aug 10,2017 at 11.38 pm. I opened it Aug 11th He will be in Havana Monday to pick up his visa and hopefully in Canada Aug 23 rd as that is the first flight I can get him To Prince Edward Island.
Woohooo congrats :)

VG73

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Hongkong
Visa Office......
Hk.
App. Filed.......
1-10-2014
Med's Request
21-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-08-2017
How long after you won your appeal did you receive the letter saying you won?
After the hearing last July 21 2017 they told my husband on the spot it was allowed then received letter after 2week he open on the 6august

Reactions: Alicee and tamyeh

tamyeh

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
I never understood why some people get an answer right away while others wait months!

Anyhow, maybe I'll get an answer today for my old question, I'm submitting my updated forms today (I was waiting to have med done to send everything "at once"), I managed to sign two of the forms using Adobe Pro (I have my real signature scanned and saved on Adobe), but you know the form that generates barcodes? 0008 I think, I can't do anything about that one, I can only type my name, but that would leave another signature spot blank. Someone suggested I print, sign and scan, which is what I did to 0008 and I'm ready to e-mail it like that today, but I'm really afraid they won't like that :(

VG73

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Hongkong
Visa Office......
Hk.
App. Filed.......
1-10-2014
Med's Request
21-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-08-2017
We waited almost 3years and finally we are getting close to the end.for imm008 it will be better to print sign and scan.
Why some may get answer right away some have to that because depends on the strong evidence you provide .

MARIE43

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
I'm happy for you. I was nervous during my appeal hearing but I got through it fine and answered all my questions well. It'
We waited almost 3years and finally we are getting close to the end.for imm008 it will be better to print sign and scan.
Why some may get answer right away some have to that because depends on the strong evidence you provide .
My evidence was strong but the Minister's counsel had another case he had to attend the same day..seems like he was in a rush. I had full hearing. It started about 9:00 and I answered my questions, then about 10:00 we had a break and then about 10:30 they called my husband, talked with him about an hour. then my lawyer made final remarks and when the Judge asked the Minister's counsel for his final remark, he said that he had another case. Also the Judge asked my lawyer and the Minister's counsel for written submissions. The Minister's counsel said she was going on vacation and when he gets back he will do his written submissions :mad:

Reactions: tamyeh and VG73

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
My evidence was strong but the Minister's counsel had another case he had to attend the same day..seems like he was in a rush. I had full hearing. It started about 9:00 and I answered my questions, then about 10:00 we had a break and then about 10:30 they called my husband, talked with him about an hour. then my lawyer made final remarks and when the Judge asked the Minister's counsel for his final remark, he said that he had another case. Also the Judge asked my lawyer and the Minister's counsel for written submissions. The Minister's counsel said she was going on vacation and when he gets back he will do his written submissions :mad:
You had almost the same morning as we did. We started closer to 830 though. At about 945 took a break because the Judge had a meeting on phone at 10. We reconvened about 1020. We were done by 11. We had 3 hours which is only a morning session. A full day should have been probably another 3 hours. Like 1 to 3. I have heard of that before. Where they ask for written submissions. That may be a good thing. As what if they don't ask for them and rule on what was presented. And they say no. More months tackled onto an already brutally long process. How did you keep your composure? You obviously showed more grace then I would have.

Last edited:
Reactions: tamyeh and VG73

MARIE43

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
You had almost the same morning as we did. We started closer to 830 though. At about 945 took a break because the Judge had a meeting on phone at 10. We reconvened about 1020. We were done by 11. We had 3 hours which is only a morning session. A full day should have been probably another 3 hours. Like 1 to 3. I have heard of that before. Where they ask for written submissions. That may be a good thing. As what if they don't ask for them and rule on what was presented. And they say no. More months tackled onto an already brutally long process. How did you keep your composure? You obviously showed more grace then I would have.
I was so nervous leading up to the hearing, but I became calm once it started and all the questions that were asked I answered well because our relationship is genuine and we know everything about each other...it felt like walking down memory lane.

The Minister's counsel tried in every way to confuse us by asking some questions over and over again. He would ask a question, when I answered he would ask another one, then would ask the previous one again in a different way. He asked one questions about five different ways. You just have to make sure you stick to your original answer.

I feel its unfair to have us waiting so long for a hearing ( 2 years and 5 months ) and then we have to wait again for the results. Every time it seems like we are about to come out of this appeal process, they keep dragging us back in. They should have at least given us an exact date when we would have an answer....Its just a waiting game :( I don't mind waiting if only I knew when my waiting will end.

Last edited:

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
I was so nervous leading up to the hearing, but I became calm once it started and all the questions that were asked I answered well because our relationship is genuine and we know everything about each other...it felt like walking down memory lane.

The Minister's counsel tried in every way to confuse us by asking some questions over and over again. He would ask a question, when I answered he would ask another one, then would ask the previous one again in a different way. He asked one questions about five different ways. You just have to make sure you stick to your original answer.

I feel its unfair to have us waiting so long for a hearing ( 2 years and 5 months ) and then we have to wait again for the results. Every time it seems like we are about to come out of this appeal process, they keep dragging us back in. They should have at least given us an exact date when we would have an answer....Its just a waiting game :( I don't mind waiting if only I knew when my waiting will end.
Me too. I was under impression our appeal would be about a year. Lo & behold. Saskatchewan does t have an office. So about 2 yrs. For me the CBSA guy misconstrued my answer. He asked it. I said no you put down the wrong answer. This is what I said. But after we got started yes my little nerves went away. I had my coffee and water. What helped me the most is the judge was a womanand we had the same name. Kinda thought everything would be okay after that. But yes after we won I went and called my hubby and ate a burger combo! Never really celebrated that cuz not like he could jump on a plane. Ppl thought and he can come now. No way Jose. More hoops to jump through. But the least they could do is give results and letter fast.

Reactions: Alicee and tamyeh