28/04/2017
Reactions: Alicee

MARIE43

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
That's crazy that they denied you , wow and you knew each other & years before marrying .
Yes Alicee, Its definitely crazy. The stupid VO's can't see pass their own noses. The whole system is flawed. They refuse people and then they say we have the right to appeal the decision, look how long we have to be in this appeal process, just a waste of valuable time and money.
Many times I've felt like just moving and going to live with my husband but I think of all the time, energy and money I've already wasted behind this entire process. My hearing is in one weeks, My husband and I have prepared extensively and are still going through everything up to the day of the case, everything is in God's hands now. Whatever comes my husband and I will face it together. Nothing will change in our relationship no matter where we live.

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Good day friends,
Thank God Almighty finally bluebook is not released says my lawyer he now want my spouse to come in to his office for review and she want to relocate to Nigeria till appeal finalize but lawyer and Iad rep says no bcos she need show at the appeal center to clear some worries of the vo. Please advice.
Thank you all

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Bluebook is or isn't released? What province does she live in again?

Reactions: samola10

Qammaq1

Jun 30, 2017
Hi there,
I have couple of questions and I was wondering if someone can help me in this.
I had my ADR this January 24th and it was a success. After about a month and half my wife was requested to submit a new medical and some updated forms. Medical was done April 4th and then froms we had sent April 19th. It's been over 2 months and we haven't heard anything yet. The status on Web shows in proccess and the last update is that medical results have been received. I was hoping soon after medical they will ask for the passport but it is taking longer than I expected. Our file is in Ottawa now. Does it usually take this long? And how long does it exactly take??
Ill appreciate any help. Thanks

Qammaq1

Jun 30, 2017
This appeals process is nothing but garbage...I been waiting since Oct. last year and was given nothing but a damn run around b the appeals board in Vancouver.ever time I call..they tell me something else..Three weeks ago I was told I would get m hearing this Oct-last week now im told it wont happen and the are stopping to a few cases for the next six months...when i asked wheat im supposed to do..was hung up on...Thats the respect for a citizen??Ive contacted minister of Immigration-Hussen..Trudeau..Alberta Premier-Notley..MP Michelle Rempel..Canadian HUman Rights ..Alberta HUman Rights..Minister of JUstice..Vancouver appeals...Minister counsel(CIC) downtown calgary...and not one person except NOtley responded-and she told me to contact Michelle Rempel-michelles respond-its not her business(six mos ago is her response)...So..folks U are under a govt that does not care a shit for u and ur needs...Your better off not fighting the system...u will be ignored...trust me.

I heard if you push them too much, they might get pissed off and delay your file. I have been waiting for 4 and half years for my wife's visa and never bothered them once. Coz I did my research and figured there's nothing that you can do except waiting. My appeal was approved and we have submitted everything medical and stuff but still not asked for passport.

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Sorry bluebook released and its a typo error. My lawyer have the bluebook with him

Alicee

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
Interview........
17-05-2017
Yes Alicee, Its definitely crazy. The stupid VO's can't see pass their own noses. The whole system is flawed. They refuse people and then they say we have the right to appeal the decision, look how long we have to be in this appeal process, just a waste of valuable time and money.
Many times I've felt like just moving and going to live with my husband but I think of all the time, energy and money I've already wasted behind this entire process. My hearing is in one weeks, My husband and I have prepared extensively and are still going through everything up to the day of the case, everything is in God's hands now. Whatever comes my husband and I will face it together. Nothing will change in our relationship no matter where we live.
That's how we feel, nothing will break us. Either way we will be together.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
It's okay. I just had to clarify. Also your lawyer and you both get a copy of bluebook. Did it say anything new and useful for your adr or appeal?

Barats

Jun 12, 2017
No interview at all nd all he or sje said was my marriage not genuine nd despite vo say relationship is for a long time nd that lot of evidence to back application he or she still refuse it and appeal killing it up because they not stand by period given. I will try find what he said on the gcms note.
Since you had submitted your application did IRCC start your background check?
What's in your GCkey?

kmjunior1990

Jun 30, 2017
Hello I am new here I am hoping someone can answer me a few questions.
I am a Canadian born and raised and I got married to my wife in november 2016, and travelled to her country 3 times this year to be with her,provided all the proofs and documents they've asked for and sent in the application in March. So my wife had an interview yesterday at the canadian embassy in bogota and today we recieved an email saying that the PR has been refused and that I can appeal the decision. My question is what does it mean to win an appeal in this case let's say we win the appeal, what does it exactly mean ? Does it mean that the PR will be accepted? The reason why they denied her visa is because my parents did not attend the wedding ( me as in the sponsor) due to my father being in the hospital for the past 6 months and health wise couldn't travel and work , for that being my mother and brother had to stay home to work and pay the bills and couldn't come. And the last reason being that my wife couldn't comunicate with my parents and brother since my wife does not speak english and french... can anyone please help and give tips of what I should do? Thank you

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Hello I am new here I am hoping someone can answer me a few questions.
I am a Canadian born and raised and I got married to my wife in november 2016, and travelled to her country 3 times this year to be with her,provided all the proofs and documents they've asked for and sent in the application in March. So my wife had an interview yesterday at the canadian embassy in bogota and today we recieved an email saying that the PR has been refused and that I can appeal the decision. My question is what does it mean to win an appeal in this case let's say we win the appeal, what does it exactly mean ? Does it mean that the PR will be accepted? The reason why they denied her visa is because my parents did not attend the wedding ( me as in the sponsor) due to my father being in the hospital for the past 6 months and health wise couldn't travel and work , for that being my mother and brother had to stay home to work and pay the bills and couldn't come. And the last reason being that my wife couldn't comunicate with my parents and brother since my wife does not speak english and french... can anyone please help and give tips of what I should do? Thank you
Wait for the written refusal letter, and send in the Notice of Appeal within 30 days.

If the appeal is allowed, meaning you win the appeal, your application goes back into the application stream, as if it had not refused by the visa officer. That means that your wife is still subject to the medical checks, police clearances, background checks, etc. that happen after that point in the process. Read the refusal letter carefully, and order your GCMS notes if you haven't already done so.

Start collecting and organizing evidence to prove that your evidence is genuine. Get affidavits from your parents, brother, etc. explaining why they were not able to attend the wedding, that they believe the relationship is genuine, and that they look forward to celebrating your marriage once your wife is able to join you in Canada. Maybe a doctor's note or hospital records for your father. Document each of your visits, and include lots of pictures of the both of you in different settings, and with different people. Maybe something to show that your wife is studying English or French, so that she could communicate better with your family, and to prepare for her life in Canada. Records of your correspondence with your wife, showing you are able to communicate. Make sure you know everything about each other, and each other's family. Read through the posts in the appeals thread and learn from people that have already gone through this ordeal.

If you have this at the ready and get the additional evidence sent in early, you might be able to get into ADR, which can cut years off the appeal process. Good luck.

Last edited: