26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
tunisianbride said:
Thanks for the congrats. As is it says in my signature, I was refused in July '10. I was scheduled for an ADR in Mar.'11, but it was cancelled 10 days before. Then I waited until May '12 for my first scheduled appeal date, which was also cancelled. They told me one day before, that the MC was sick, so therefore, they had to schedule another date. It was again scheduled for July 25th, 2012, and this time it went ahead, but it didn't finished. I got another date for Oct. 25/12 to finish and I was already in T.O. by the time I got the call from my lawyer, that the MC had some kind of 'emergency', and so they had to cancel yet again! Finally, I got my last date for February 21st of this year, and they told me after the hearing, that I had won. All in all, I had to wait 31 months from the time of refusal, to my last appeal date thru the Toronto IAD. Yes, I hired a lawyer. Wish I had of hired a lawyer from the very beginning to help us with the preparation of the initial application and help us with the interview, and maybe we wouldn't have been refused, but who knows. Anyways, my case was complicated, and I didn't feel confident about going to full appeal alone. He gave me some very good advice and helped me gather good proof needed for the appeal. (I believed before hiring him, that 'quantity' was more important than 'quality' proof, but he set me straight) Our marriage is, of course, genuine, but they (MC) can turn anything positive, into a negative, just to make you look guilty. You need to be honest in the appeal, speak from the heart and you have to know your case very well to win.

I know a couple of people with big age differences, who won their full appeals without a lawyer, but I also know 2 other women who didn't hire a lawyer, who married younger men, and they both lost their appeals. I sincerely believe that if you have an age difference and/or any other incompatibilities, you should hire a good immigration lawyer.

My advice is to keep busy and try and get to see your spouse as often as possible. (I went 7 times to see my husband) It gets expensive, but to me, love is more important than money.

Good luck!
Congrats on winning the appeal. Do you mind me asking what the age gap is?

tunisianbride

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 7, 2010
Interview........
May 5, 2010
MadeInCanada said:
Congrats on winning the appeal. Do you mind me asking what the age gap is?
20 years

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
dear tunisianbride,
my congratulations to you.
i'm so happy

we married after my husband got his divorce, after 6 months of divorce. but today only he is going to get the divorce certificate. we have married by showing the order of divorce by unknown. will it be a problem?

tunisianbride

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 7, 2010
Interview........
May 5, 2010
You married 6 months after his divorce was 'final'? He was suppose to get the Divorce Order when his divorce was final, then the "Certificate of Divorce", 31 days after that from the registry office. Why is he only getting the Certificate of Divorce today? I would strongly suggest that he talk with his lawyer who handled his divorce to make sure your marriage is legal, but if they accepted the Divorce Order at the time of your wedding, then hopefully, it will be okay. Good luck!

ychernin

Apr 20, 2013
Hi Dear,
We have age difference too, and of course refusal letter, could you recommend me you lawyer .
Yuri

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Sorry to hear about the refusal. good luck on the appeal. What is your age difference?

Take Care
MadeInCanada

hilsten

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
@ychernin .. you can try to talk to Green n spiegal group ... they seems professional lawyer not consultant ...

My case is also getting handle by them ... so far they seems honest .. not behind of money all time ...

My humble advise ... don't go for cosultancy compnay .. like "ICC Immigration" ... these kind of people will suck your money and say thanks for money ...

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
tunisianbride said:
You married 6 months after his divorce was 'final'? He was suppose to get the Divorce Order when his divorce was final, then the "Certificate of Divorce", 31 days after that from the registry office. Why is he only getting the Certificate of Divorce today? I would strongly suggest that he talk with his lawyer who handled his divorce to make sure your marriage is legal, but if they accepted the Divorce Order at the time of your wedding, then hopefully, it will be okay. Good luck!

yes divorce was done on Nov 2008 & we married in May 2009. we showed the order of divorce when we were marring. it was no problem here. but now i was reused bcoz of sending the divorce order instead of divorce certificate. so, do we have to marry again?
when my husband went to vancouver courts to get the certificate of divorce, they have told that its no problem with the current marriage. but sometimes my husband tell things bcoz of his laziness. so, i just want to get the right thing. thnx if anybody can give me a right answer. bcoz i saw that Habibti was saying here that she had to register her certificate of divorce & stamp it from Ottawa. so, it was very complicated & now i'm sooo worrying about that. thnx dear tunisianbride for your reply & appreciate everybody's replys
thnx again

harryiswaiting

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi/ Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/04/2012
Doc's Request.
Ottawa 01/2014
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
23/07/2012
Med's Done....
13/03/2012
Interview........
28/01/2013
Passport Req..
13/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 29/01/2013, Appeal won Nov, 2013
LANDED..........
HarryisSTILLwaiting.
tunisianbride said:
Thanks for the congrats. As is it says in my signature, I was refused in July '10. I was scheduled for an ADR in Mar.'11, but it was cancelled 10 days before. Then I waited until May '12 for my first scheduled appeal date, which was also cancelled. They told me one day before, that the MC was sick, so therefore, they had to schedule another date. It was again scheduled for July 25th, 2012, and this time it went ahead, but it didn't finished. I got another date for Oct. 25/12 to finish and I was already in T.O. by the time I got the call from my lawyer, that the MC had some kind of 'emergency', and so they had to cancel yet again! Finally, I got my last date for February 21st of this year, and they told me after the hearing, that I had won. All in all, I had to wait 31 months from the time of refusal, to my last appeal date thru the Toronto IAD. Yes, I hired a lawyer. Wish I had of hired a lawyer from the very beginning to help us with the preparation of the initial application and help us with the interview, and maybe we wouldn't have been refused, but who knows. Anyways, my case was complicated, and I didn't feel confident about going to full appeal alone. He gave me some very good advice and helped me gather good proof needed for the appeal. (I believed before hiring him, that 'quantity' was more important than 'quality' proof, but he set me straight) Our marriage is, of course, genuine, but they (MC) can turn anything positive, into a negative, just to make you look guilty. You need to be honest in the appeal, speak from the heart and you have to know your case very well to win.

I know a couple of people with big age differences, who won their full appeals without a lawyer, but I also know 2 other women who didn't hire a lawyer, who married younger men, and they both lost their appeals. I sincerely believe that if you have an age difference and/or any other incompatibilities, you should hire a good immigration lawyer.

My advice is to keep busy and try and get to see your spouse as often as possible. (I went 7 times to see my husband) It gets expensive, but to me, love is more important than money.

Good luck!
Tunisianbride, that is horrible how much they have messed you about. I cannot believe they dragged it on for so long, particularly because of the cancellations. A big congratulations to you for your successful appeal and level of patience. You must understand especially well how heavy your heart can feel in this awful process.

I truly believe that this system discriminates. I was naive going into this process, but now have an understanding of how racism is alive and well. We are being treated like criminals for being in love with someone from another country. How can they reasonably expect people to be apart from their spouse/partner for so long? I have been reading through people's comments on this thread and it seems a common denominator is that the immigration officer ALWAYS lies to twist things into their own story and/or make totally preventable mistakes. We have to push back (with the help of a lawyer, if possible through this opaque process). PLEASE PEOPLE, ONCE YOU MAKE IT THROUGH AND HAVE YOUR PR, BE SURE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS PROCESS TO THE MANAGER AT YOUR OFFICE PROCESSING YOUR FILE AND ALSO YOU LOCAL MP. If people are not complaining, this will only continue and nothing will change. These immigration officers have far too much power to just click their fingers and have such a huge impact on a couple's/family's lives.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
harryiswaiting said:
Tunisianbride, that is horrible how much they have messed you about. I cannot believe they dragged it on for so long, particularly because of the cancellations. A big congratulations to you for your successful appeal and level of patience. You must understand especially well how heavy your heart can feel in this awful process.

I truly believe that this system discriminates. I was naive going into this process, but now have an understanding of how racism is alive and well. We are being treated like criminals for being in love with someone from another country. How can they reasonably expect people to be apart from their spouse/partner for so long? I have been reading through people's comments on this thread and it seems a common denominator is that the immigration officer ALWAYS lies to twist things into their own story and/or make totally preventable mistakes. We have to push back (with the help of a lawyer, if possible through this opaque process). PLEASE PEOPLE, ONCE YOU MAKE IT THROUGH AND HAVE YOUR PR, BE SURE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS PROCESS TO THE MANAGER AT YOUR OFFICE PROCESSING YOUR FILE AND ALSO YOU LOCAL MP. If people are not complaining, this will only continue and nothing will change. These immigration officers have far too much power to just click their fingers and have such a huge impact on a couple's/family's lives.
Ive always said....if your not part of the solution-then you are part of the problem. I agree with you 100 %, however, the vast majority of people will do nothing. Stay strong !

tunisianbride

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 7, 2010
Interview........
May 5, 2010
harryiswaiting said:

Thank you Harry. Yeah, it doesn't seem fair, but there have been a lot of people who have scammed immigration in the past, which makes it hard for us genuine couples now. A lot of the 'mostly' women, who have been used by 'mostly' men, from 'mostly' 3rd world countries, for a free ticket to come to Canada, have complained, picketed and harassed immigration for allowing their spouses to come to Canada, that immigration should've 'known' that they these lowlife scums were users. So now immigration has really cracked down on fraudulent marriages, and we're paying for it! I'm sure this is part of their reasoning for the way they do things, such as the numerous delays and cancellations. (can you believe that in July '12, my appeal didn't finish, because the MC had to leave early to pick up her kids at daycare!!?? And the Tribunal Member allowed this???)

Believe me, I'm not trying to condone how immigration treats us, because there's 'got' to be a better way, but I believe that if you're not a genuine couple, you'll never make it through the long and dragged out appeal process. They seem to refuse every couple who have any kind of incompatibility these days, and then the VO's justify their refusals by fabricating everything which was said in the interview by our spouses. (then we are left to defend ourselves against a bunch of lies in the appeal!) Don't get me wrong, there were definitely times when I just wanted to give up - living your life in limbo for so long really takes a lot out of you. It eats away at your very soul and you begin to question everything about yourself - your marriage, your future, even your sanity! Years of my life, just gone, and for what? But you know, looking back at it all now, I have gotten to know my husband sooo much better in the last few years since he was refused. I thought I knew my husband so well when we married in Aug. '09, but I really didn't know him as well as I thought I did. But now, we know almost everything there is to know about each other, and our love has only gotten stronger, and believe it or not, I have the refusal to thank for this. The appeal process 'forces' you to get to know each other and to talk about things you'd never even 'think' to talk about. We spent hours every day for close to 3 years, just talking about each other's pasts, our lives growing up, each other's countries, our little annoyances, our interests and hobbies, our families, our friends, past relationships, likes and dislikes, future plans, you name it, we talked about it! (and this is important, if you want to win your appeal) I always try to look at the positive side of things, like maybe if we hadn't been refused, maybe, just maybe, our marriage wouldn't have survived. (because we 'did' marry in haste, because we were so much in love and couldn't wait to be together) Little did we know at the time, that getting married so fast (11 mths. after meeting on the internet), so we could be together sooner, would be one of the reasons we were refused. But I do know now, that since our marriage has survived this appeal process, it can survive anything! I've never felt closer to my husband than I do now, even though he's 1,000's miles away, and yes, it's been very difficult living apart from him all this time, but thanks to God and the enduring love, patience & understanding of my husband, we made it, and if we made it, all you out there who are still waiting, can to! Hang in there and never give up hope. True love is eternal.

tunisianbride

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 7, 2010
Interview........
May 5, 2010
gango girl said:
yes divorce was done on Nov 2008 & we married in May 2009. we showed the order of divorce when we were marring. it was no problem here. but now i was reused bcoz of sending the divorce order instead of divorce certificate. so, do we have to marry again?
when my husband went to vancouver courts to get the certificate of divorce, they have told that its no problem with the current marriage. but sometimes my husband tell things bcoz of his laziness. so, i just want to get the right thing. thnx if anybody can give me a right answer. bcoz i saw that Habibti was saying here that she had to register her certificate of divorce & stamp it from Ottawa. so, it was very complicated & now i'm sooo worrying about that. thnx dear tunisianbride for your reply & appreciate everybody's replys
thnx again
Your husband was legally divorced when you married, so your current marriage is legal. Don't worry about it, just give them the Cert. of Divorce like they've asked, and hopefully, everything will be fine. ;)

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
tunisianbride said:
Your husband was legally divorced when you married, so your current marriage is legal. Don't worry about it, just give them the Cert. of Divorce like they've asked, and hopefully, everything will be fine. ;)

thnx dear tunisianbride,
yes hope that everything will be all right. your words made me cool. thnx dear for everything.
will see what will happen...

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
hello tunisiabride,
i just called 1 of my mom's uncle & he was a registrar for the marriages. & he was signing for my marriage. so, i just called him & asked what will happen about our situation?
then he said our marriage is genuine & tell them that we showed the certificate of divorce when we marry here.
Oh... THANK GOD........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yousef40

Apr 9, 2013
I believe that there is a real pairs but Question FRIENDS WHY ALWAYS Bring their spouses to live in Canada
Despite all the complications and waiting And sorrows BECAUSE SIMPLE Frankness immigration office know
Most of them come to Canada and very few And very few live from their spouses in their original
That is the problem believe Canada is a country living and well-being and everyone wants to travel to Canada no matter how difficult I am not accused BUT BLEAVE ME IS HOW OFFICE EMGRATION THINKING
When the majority of married want to live in Canada to become Equation different look to us greedy to live in Canada do not really like pairs And always the developed countries to consider poor and underdeveloped countries nuisance to its economy It's the truth migration every year become very difficult and challenging because the place for strong economic
Impressed We seen every year Qaonin the new order to end the massive influx of people to Canada
Because marriage is not a problem or not as legitimate suspicion that the economy and money and control the flow of people to rich countries and, as we know, the crisis hit Europe :(