+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Vanny,
i have read your case according to my experience , you will receive med and imm forms request at any time now.
best of luck

sahm2boys

Star Member
Aug 9, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
05-04-2012
rathika2011 said:
congrats lovebird...

my time line is

dec 2010 application send to cic-m
jan 10 2011 approved
jan 17 2011 forwared to colombo
nov 15 2011 husband interview
nov 15 2011 denied visa

now have to appeal how much will the lawyer cost and the time of this waiting game....the reason they refused me because of odsp and that i cant support him when he come down to canada...iam from toronto and looking for a lawyer and how much it will cost for the whole process....please share some info that i can be prepared and also how long it will take to get the refusal letter thanks in advance for the replies
Hi. I'm sorry to hear that the visa was denied.

I'm just wondering though, if they refused your visa on the grounds that you are collecting ODSP and they think you will not be able to support him..... why did they approve it in Mississauga then? Wouldn't they have denied it for that reason? I thought it was Mississauga that determined financial elegibility and not the VO... ?

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
sahm2boys said:
Hi. I'm sorry to hear that the visa was denied.

I'm just wondering though, if they refused your visa on the grounds that you are collecting ODSP and they think you will not be able to support him..... why did they approve it in Mississauga then? Wouldn't they have denied it for that reason? I thought it was Mississauga that determined financial elegibility and not the VO... ?
u are right ....the vo doesn't even know what she was talking about when she refused mu hubby.... she is just wasting another year of our lives together for another year....it clearly say that u can sponsor being on odsp.....i am so shocked that she was refusing on these grouds

Harisha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2011
Hi guys
My husband visa was refused and I won the appeal in Sep. Now they send my file to Sri Lanka. BUt the embassy didnot contact my husband to get further information. Does any one have experience how long does it take to get the visa

hambzik

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
Aug 21st
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
19 Oct
VISA ISSUED...
wait is over, 12-12-2011
LANDED..........
in Vancouver on 27th Dec. 2011
Harisha said:
Hi guys
My husband visa was refused and I won the appeal in Sep. Now they send my file to Sri Lanka. BUt the embassy didnot contact my husband to get further information. Does any one have experience how long does it take to get the visa
We had a appeal approved in first week of June and I received letter from CHC ND in first week of Sept. So for CHC New Delhi it is about 3 months, I am not sure about Sri Lanka.

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Harisha said:
Hi guys
Yes it was the same amount of time, 3 months, for us too. When they finally did contact us they told us to go ahead and redo his medical and police clearance. We didn't wait for the papers at that time we just went ahead and started that, without waiting for the papers to come. I just downloaded Appendix C off the Immigration website. I asked my MP to find out for us, and they passed the message to us about the redo.

Stressed wife

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Mrs. Turan said:
We had our appeal last April. My husband redid his medical and police clearance last summer, and
last week he finally got his PPR, he mailed it off and today it just arrived in the mail. My husband is finally coming to Canada :D

congrats again mrs turan, enjoy hubby

patopato

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Mrs. Turan said:
We had our appeal last April. My husband redid his medical and police clearance last summer, and
last week he finally got his PPR, he mailed it off and today it just arrived in the mail. My husband is finally coming to Canada :D
Congratilations Mrs Turan I am so happy for both of you!!! Where in Canada do you live?

Reactions: Alicee

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Thank you patopato. I live on Vancouver Island, in BC. My husband is not coming until Christmas Day. I'm starting to be okay about it, because he's doing a really big job in Istanbul and won't be finished until then, but I was pretty sad about it. Now I understand, it's a contract he has, and he needs the money, well, we need the money. I just really miss him, yes, I know he misses me too. But I thought he would be here by now, it's just been such a long wait.

Vanny

Dec 10, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
AOR Received.
18-12-2009
File Transfer...
27-11-2009
Med's Request
?? pending med redo req
Med's Done....
9-10-2009//
Interview........
03-02-2011,Denied///ADR, appeal won Sept 7th 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2012
LANDED..........
02-02-2012
Habibti said:
Thank you Vanny for your compassion and encouragement!

This is what my immigration consultant told me... the information not provided in the letter plays in our favor. And the other thing that plays in our favor is the phone call my husband received in June. We were given false hopes!!! And there are other things that play in our favor, but it would be too long to say here.

I read you had your ADR in September, is that right? Would please share your experience with me so I can get mentally prepared?
Hey Habibti,
Yes I did have go through an ADR in September. Since my case was a bit complex, I hired an immigration lawyer. We filed under the conjugal partner class as we were unable to marry due to his pending divorce for over 2 years now. We were refused based on , the immigration officer felt that we did not meet the requirements of conjugal partners. So an ADR date was set.

You have 30days to file for an appeal. A couple of weeks later, you get a later confirming a date and time.
At that point, I contacted a few lawyers/immigration consultant and based on their knowledge and approach, I picked one.

We went through all the documents sent by CIC with a fine tooth comb. What I did was, address all the concerns the immigration officer had in his files notes. Starting from the beginning to the end. I made notes, provided explanations and gave a copy to my lawyer.

He suggested a long list of documents I should bring to support my case/+ he wrote a cover letter addressing all the VO's concerns.

We practiced back and forth , some questions the IO would ask? Such as .. : ADR Minister Counsel: What if I refuse you today? What will you do?? (your answer w/b something like, you would move to his country to be w/him), or , you seem like a nice girl?? Why not choose someone in Canada?? Why overseas?

So all the supporting documents/pictures in chronological order/ + cover letter explaining all the VO's concerns were sent before the ADR.
This will give the Minister's counsel time to review.

When I arrived,I met with the minister's counsel + his counsel ( I forget that he is called), my lawyer and myself.
He asked me a few questions, specifically regarding dates/times. When we met? when Did I return? When did we have "sex"?? (which I thought it was odd), how often we spoke, who knew about our relationship, when was my third trip, how long i stayed, who i met?, where did I stay?, his religion, his beliefs, how do i know he loves me, how much money did we send each other, credit card stmts, money transfers, who makes the decisions, a history of my past relationships, when did we plan on marrying, where?, he wanted to see my passport (but i forgot it)!, did we have a child yes, did we share custody (yes), etc...

While I am being interrogated by immigration, my lawyer flips through the docs and whenever the minister's counsels asks a questions, he provides the proof, while I am talking and shows him the documents.

So based on my answers, the minister and his counsel went to another room to discuss to make a decision. So they came back with a positive decision and made me sign an agreement.

So Habibti, if you know your husband in and out and can answer questions fluidly without any pause, know your dates, prepare your answers, if you get a reasonable Minister Counsel, you will succeed.

Make sure all the Vo's concerns are addressed once the documentation arrives. Unfortunately you're kinda in the dark and you are unsure how that vo based their decision.

Vanny

Dec 10, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
AOR Received.
18-12-2009
File Transfer...
27-11-2009
Med's Request
?? pending med redo req
Med's Done....
9-10-2009//
Interview........
Passport Req..
Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2012
LANDED..........
02-02-2012
love bird 43 said:
Hi Vanny,
i have read your case according to my experience , you will receive med and imm forms request at any time now.
best of luck
Thanks for your response. I was planning on contacting the MP to see If I can get any information. I'll wait until next week to see what happens . Keeping fingers crossed!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Thank you so much Vanny. Now I know what to expect. The papers for the appeal were sent last week. I hired an immigration consultant whose work is supervised by a lawyer. I must admit that these days are like a living nightmare. This tremendous test is shaking people to the core and my husband changed so much since he received the refusal letter. I know he loves me and wants to be with me, but he is not the same man I used to know and it badly affects our marriage. If it continues that way, our marriage will fail. I have little hope we will make it through...

If I understand well, if the ADR is successful, then you don't need to go into appeal and the visa process starts again?

Vanny

Dec 10, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
AOR Received.
18-12-2009
File Transfer...
27-11-2009
Med's Request
?? pending med redo req
Med's Done....
9-10-2009//
Interview........
Passport Req..
Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2012
LANDED..........
02-02-2012
Sorry to hear about the turmoil in your marriage because of immigration. Sometimes I feel as if we are judged unfairly and VO don't realize the consequences their decisions have upon so many people in this country.

You must stay strong and work things out with your husband. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Both of you are team and must function as one. To tell you the truth, I wanted to give up myself . Too much stress, work, heartache , uncertainty, pain and sadness. But my spouse was the one who kept us together. It wasn't because I didn't love him. I just wanted the whole immigration situation to go away. The the time you know it. Weeks turn into months, years, but your love grows stronger. We are determined more than ever to not let that immigration officer ruin our lives. We know who we are and what our future holds for us. We will fight to the end.

You need to talk to you husband. This is not the end. We have rights, we have options to pursue a better judgement. You need to work as a team to make your case successful.

If your ADR is successful. Your file and the docs will be sent along with a court order to the visa processing center, either ottawa or the original visa office to continue processing. They have a court order in hand to continue processing the file. Could take about 6 mos more.
They will request meds redo + police record. Usually a senior visa officer will handle the now approved file. If they find something wrong the file again, like refuse on other grounds, it is possible. Such as,,, (this is an extreme example), your husband was robbing banks since the refusal and he now has a criminal record. They can refuse you again based on that.

Hopefully everything goes well for you and you will have a successful ADR, which will eliminate going to court. If you go to court, it could take up to 2 years to get a date. The ADR is the fastest way. Everything said at the ADR remains confidential and cannot be used against you in court. If the ADR fails, you have to the option to drop the deal or go to Federal court.