Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legal falcon,

does it mean something bad?

security screening normally last for how long?

how can i expedite my file as i am hitting 6 months!
There is nothing wrong, as I mentioned in my post. Many applicants have this and this is normal. The security screening is a complicated task and varies from applicant to applicant. Factors such as the country of origin, government work, travel history and many other things are looked into. Usually the BGC takes 3-10 weeks.

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Legal falcon,

Do the call centre agents make a note on my file of every time I phone to get an update on our status? Will it reflect on the GCMS notes? We are using a lawyer and do not have ANY access to our CIC account and lawyer doesn't give feedback. We passed 6 months end of April.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legal falcon,

Do the call centre agents make a note on my file of every time I phone to get an update on our status? Will it reflect on the GCMS notes? We are using a lawyer and do not have ANY access to our CIC account and lawyer doesn't give feedback. We passed 6 months end of April.
Overtime I hear that the lawyer or the consultant is not providing a feedback, I feel bad. When you make a call to the call centre, it is recorded in the GCMS file and will also show up on the GCMS notes. However, making calls to know the progress or ordering GCMS notes does not affect the outcome of your application.

If you are reaching the 6 month mark, you should order GCMS notes, which will allow you to know what is going on in your file. All you need is the File number, which starts with a alphabet and is followed by numbers "EXXXXXXX"

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Overtime I hear that the lawyer or the consultant is not providing a feedback, I feel bad. When you make a call to the call centre, it is recorded in the GCMS file and will also show up on the GCMS notes. However, making calls to know the progress or ordering GCMS notes does not affect the outcome of your application.

If you are reaching the 6 month mark, you should order GCMS notes, which will allow you to know what is going on in your file. All you need is the File number, which starts with a alphabet and is followed by numbers "EXXXXXXX"
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback, Legal Falcon. I agree with you, it is a sad situation for us.

Just a quick question, if I order the GCMS notes from www.getgcms.com, will the notes go to my lawyer's email address which are the contact email address on my application, or will it come to my personal email?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback, Legal Falcon. I agree with you, it is a sad situation for us.

Just a quick question, if I order the GCMS notes from www.getgcms.com, will the notes go to my lawyer's email address which are the contact email address on my application, or will it come to my personal email?
Applying for GCMS notes is an applicants legal right under the Access to Information & Privacy law, and it has nothing to do with your application. When you order GCMS notes through www.getgcms.com, the notes are sent to the email address you provide when applying for them, and they do not go to your lawyer or consultant, or to the email id in your PR application.

If you need any further GETGCMS specific information, please contact GET GCMS team through the contact us page on the website.

expressTarun

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hello LegalFalcon,

I've made the payment and filled all the details on getgcms.com but i've not received any confirmation mail or Consent form. Can you take a look and suggest if it has been completed and where do i need to send consent form?

maleeksha

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
PNP
There is nothing wrong, as I mentioned in my post. Many applicants have this and this is normal. The security screening is a complicated task and varies from applicant to applicant. Factors such as the country of origin, government work, travel history and many other things are looked into. Usually the BGC takes 3-10 weeks.
Based on past GCMS notes shared, do you know if they do security checks for countries where you have been for short duration stays (less than 2 weeks)?
I have lots of short duration travel history, solely for work purposes. Will this, in any way, delay the security checks?
Thanks.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello LegalFalcon,

I've made the payment and filled all the details on getgcms.com but i've not received any confirmation mail or Consent form. Can you take a look and suggest if it has been completed and where do i need to send consent form?
Can you please contact GET GCMS team at https://www.getgcms.com/contact

I don't deal with the operations of GET GCMS. Also, before you contact them, please check your spam folder. GET GCMS is an automated process and a lot of emails end up going to the spam. If you still don't see it there, then contact the GET GCMS team with the details and they will help you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Based on past GCMS notes shared, do you know if they do security checks for countries where you have been for short duration stays (less than 2 weeks)?
I have lots of short duration travel history, solely for work purposes. Will this, in any way, delay the security checks?
Thanks.
There is no set trends, but it all depends on which countries you travelled to, how often, the reason for your travel. were they a drug source country, or a country with active terrorism issues. It does not delay the security as long as in your personal and travel history you have listed the reasons.

Reactions: maleeksha

expressTarun

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Can you please contact GET GCMS team at https://www.getgcms.com/contact

I don't deal with the operations of GET GCMS. Also, before you contact them, please check your spam folder. GET GCMS is an automated process and a lot of emails end up going to the spam. If you still don't see it there, then contact the GET GCMS team with the details and they will help you.

Thanks for clarification. I found email in junk folder. I don't see junk folder on my phone, so had to web login to check.

I've completed the formalities and reverted them the signed form. Hoping to get notes in next 45 days.

Also, do you happen to know if the notes will be sent through same mail id or a different one? I've marked this mail id <support@getgcms.com> as non-junk. Just want to make sure that i don't miss check junk folder next time too.

Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for clarification. I found email in junk folder. I don't see junk folder on my phone, so had to web login to check.

I've completed the formalities and reverted them the signed form. Hoping to get notes in next 45 days.

Also, do you happen to know if the notes will be sent through same mail id or a different one? I've marked this mail id <support@getgcms.com> as non-junk. Just want to make sure that i don't miss check junk folder next time too.

Thanks!
All outgoing emails from GET GCMS are sent via this id "no-reply@getgcms.com"

Please make sure that you mark this id as safe so that your file or any any further correspondence does not go to your spam folder.

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
Hope this helps!
Hi Legalfalcon,

I have been able to send my request to GetGCMS finally. Thank you very much and the guidance and help provided all through.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala

GOCANADA92

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this timing for BGC or security screening?

Can I expedite their process?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
this timing for BGC or security screening?

Can I expedite their process?
The security and BGC are are one and the same. the BGC encompasses security. IRCC only does the criminality and FOSS checks. FOSS is the data base with IRCC in which an applicant's names and details are run through to find any prior criminal or immigration fraud issues. The detailed security check is done by CSIS.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that an applicant can do to expedite the process. Most delays in the BGC are due to administrative hurdles. Majority of the cases are stuck where CSIS has completed the security screening and the file is not reviewed and updated by IRCC. In some, but not all cases a GCMS request may initiate the progress as the agent who will review the file before the GCMS notes are released will update it own the file, but this is not always the case.

If your BGC is taking much longer than expected, you can contact CSIS to find if they have completed your file's screening. The procedure to do that can be found here:
https://www.csis.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php#bm02