+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities.

Dani2772

Feb 16, 2014
Hello all,

I have a question regarding AINP - I am eligible for two different streams of AINP:

(a) Employer-Driven Stream - International Graduate Category

(b) Employer-Driven Stream - Skilled Worker Category

Any suggestions which one I should file under - Based on the application inventory AINP have more applications for Skilled Worker Category. There might be other minor/major benefits or drawbacks which I might not be aware of as I am not that well aware. Please guide me.

Thank You
Regards
DM

zafrulbd

Jun 21, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore now change to Manila(07-05-2015)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 -06-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
Nomination.....
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
16 April 2015
IELTS Request
23-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-5-2015 Received 23 May 2015 Decision made-29.May 2015
Interview........
23-12-2013
Passport Req..
09-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Delivery 26 August (Visa issue 27 july 2015 thanks to ALLAHA)
LANDED..........
22 October 2015
Dani2772 said:
Hello all,

I have a question regarding AINP - I am eligible for two different streams of AINP:

(a) Employer-Driven Stream - International Graduate Category

(b) Employer-Driven Stream - Skilled Worker Category

Any suggestions which one I should file under - Based on the application inventory AINP have more applications for Skilled Worker Category. There might be other minor/major benefits or drawbacks which I might not be aware of as I am not that well aware. Please guide me.

Thank You
Regards
DM
i think its better Employer-Driven Stream - Skilled Worker Category

CNCA

Apr 19, 2015
Bandit2000 said:
Hi There,

My Family and I are SK Provincial nominees... I have been trying to find everywhere information on my situation.
I live in a border city SK/AB
I want to know if im able to carry on working for my employer in SK and my son in school in SK but live on the AB side?
I was told it was only governed on my work in SK, aslong as I stay there I can live across the road (literally) on the AB side?
because you are a SK PN so I guess you better live on the SK side. its cheaper on that side anyway. but you can live in SK side and work in AB side. home address is the key,not where you work.

Aug 22, 2015
Good day, I am a new immigrant to Canada currently living in Edmonton, Alberta. I have a two-bedroom apartment at the Blue Quill apartments available for occupancy Sept 1, 2015. I am in the process of moving to another city and need someone to take over my lease. Any interested party can send me a message here or at the following email address: apt_forlease@yahoo.com.

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
Hello everyone,

I am new to this topic, can some one help me with basics of the provincial nomination program..

Thank you

arush2015

Mar 13, 2015
Hello everyone,

Glad to have found this page - visited the forum before but didn't know there was a dedicated page for landing experiences - still going through the posts.

Just received my COPR forms for me and my wife (Manitoba provincial nominees) and we only got a short time before they expire. Therefore we are thinking of flying over just to land, return back and properly move around spring/summer when we will have hopefully secured a job. Naturally, I got a number of questions:

a) Can I fly to _any_ place in Canada in order to land and validate my CORP or does it have to be Manitoba - even as a final destination in case of a stop-over? #Reading more posts and other internet sources suggests that the Immigration officer needs to be convinced of your intention to stay in the nominating province. Ir they are not they will reject you. #

b) Reading the various posts I understand they ask for an address to send the PR card. Does that address _have_ to be in Manitoba, since we will not move until later in 2016? I am asking because I have a friend in Ontario that I could use their address, but I'm concerned that giving a non-Manitoba address won't be sufficient. In that case, how do I get a Manitoba address? Are there any PO boxes you can rent to auto-forward mail? Are these acceptable? - read that PO Boxes are not acceptable

c) Proof of funds. I got the CORP through being a Manitoba Prov.Nominee, do the skilled worker minimum funds apply to me or not? Will a simple bank account statement do? Does it have to be formal or will a print-out be ok?

That's all for now, I'll keep going through the posts in this forum and come back!

Thanks for any help in advance - very happy to finally make it through the process :).

Regards,

A

Jul 20, 2014
Hi...
I had a questions here !!

1. I had "applied and got" for PNP from Nova Scotia and had a job offer in Ontario. What if I say to the employer in Ontario that I will join after 1 month and in that 1 month time, I search for jobs in Nova Scotia and didn't join any of them. This 1 month will help me in proving it to Canadian govt. that I tried and eventually join in Ontario solving my purpose both ways.

2. I had applied for PNP from Nova Scotia ( parallel to this I have searched Job related to my profile from all major job portals and got to know they are v v less in Nova Scotia ).
In this case, If I get acceptance from Nova Scotia, Is this job search won't be enough to prove as an artifact that I have searched already and got no major result.
Now Question is :- Is it a mandate to stay for a particular amount of time in Nova Scotia despite knowing the fact that I have v v less opportunities ( much in advance ) and move after port of entry ( in Nova Scotia ) to Ontario in a weeks time as I am not interested in doing business to make it a much feasible mandate for me to settle in Nova Scotia only.

Prem.

Nov 2, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
6x.x
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Aug 2014
AOR Received.
19nov2014
Med's Request
....... waiting.......
hi
Can anybody help me ?

I got AINP certy in jun 2014 apply on 18 Aug 2014 for PR so it will take how long to get a file number ?
Please hlep me.

Thanx a lot.

kat_nl

Nov 5, 2015
Pls help.. I got a schedule of confirmation for my application for PR here in Newfoundland. My schedule is 26 of November. Is it ok for my accompanying spouse to land here in Canada on the 27

Jais74

Jun 3, 2015
Hello everyone,

Does anybody can tell me how many points are required for Alberta PNP?

thanks a lot for your precious advise

fahad911

Feb 11, 2012
hello ,

I have been going through this thread. I have a quick question, i am living in alberta and thinking to apply for Alberta Immigration Nomination program (AINP). Currently i am working as an articling student, i am NOT doing any designation (CA, CMA, CGA or CPA). I am ACCA qualified which is based in London U.K. I did a diploma in Accounting from NAIT in edmonton though.

so my question is that i was thinking to apply for AINP under NOC 1111 which includes articling students but it also says qualification as CA, CMA, CGA or CPA and requires university degree

so do i have to have a designation and a degree in order to apply for under NOC 1111 as an articling student?

looking forward for helpful advices

thanks

arush2015

Mar 13, 2015
Responding to my post to share my recent landing experience and answer these questions once more for people that can't go through the 100s of pages of info in here.

So, with respect to where you should do your landing. If you can, land directly to your nominee province. If you can't find direct flights it should still be ok as long as your final destination is your nominee province (why wouldn't it be?).

During my landing, which was very smooth and straightforward, the officer asked me what was my address and i said that i don't have a permanent address yet, as I am staying in a hotel until I sort it out. But I added that I do have an address of a friend (outside the nominee province) that they can send my permanent resident cards. They were completely fine with that and took the address. No problem at all.

Worst case scenario if they don't accept the address is that they will instruct you to go online and put in your permanent address when you got one (free for 6 months, $50 afterwards). From other people's posts here I understand that you can simply go online the next day and put the address you want and it will be accepted by the system.

Proof of funds: I had my bank statements and cash on me, they just asked for the amount, did not check anything, but I guess experiences vary.

For the customs i had my list of accompanying goods and goods to follow (2 copies, one for you and one for customs, they stamp both). There is a b4 form you can print out and fill in if you want to make things faster, but the customs officer can fill that in for you.

A small tip for those going to Winnipeg, for your health card and national insurance number go here (both offices are in the same block so you only need one taxi ride to sort out both documents):

Health card:
Manitoba health and healthy living
300 carlton street
winnipeg

National insurance card:
Winnipeg centre service canada centre
393 portage avenue, unit 122
winnipeg

opening hours are 0830-1600 for both offices, mon-fri.

As you exit the health card office, turn left and continue until you exit the building to a parking lot. On your left hand there should be the Portage Place Mall, get in there, walk down and turn right. Keep walking and the service centre is next to Staples on your right.

You will usually find taxis waiting outside the mall (out from the doors you entered) but if you need to call one you can go to the first floor of the mall at the customer service centre and ask for a taxi to be called.

Taxi numbers:
Duffy taxis
+1 204 775 0101

Unicity
+1 204 925 3131

Hope this helps.

arush2015 said:
Hello everyone,

Glad to have found this page - visited the forum before but didn't know there was a dedicated page for landing experiences - still going through the posts.

Just received my COPR forms for me and my wife (Manitoba provincial nominees) and we only got a short time before they expire. Therefore we are thinking of flying over just to land, return back and properly move around spring/summer when we will have hopefully secured a job. Naturally, I got a number of questions:

a) Can I fly to _any_ place in Canada in order to land and validate my CORP or does it have to be Manitoba - even as a final destination in case of a stop-over? #Reading more posts and other internet sources suggests that the Immigration officer needs to be convinced of your intention to stay in the nominating province. Ir they are not they will reject you. #

b) Reading the various posts I understand they ask for an address to send the PR card. Does that address _have_ to be in Manitoba, since we will not move until later in 2016? I am asking because I have a friend in Ontario that I could use their address, but I'm concerned that giving a non-Manitoba address won't be sufficient. In that case, how do I get a Manitoba address? Are there any PO boxes you can rent to auto-forward mail? Are these acceptable? - read that PO Boxes are not acceptable

c) Proof of funds. I got the CORP through being a Manitoba Prov.Nominee, do the skilled worker minimum funds apply to me or not? Will a simple bank account statement do? Does it have to be formal or will a print-out be ok?

That's all for now, I'll keep going through the posts in this forum and come back!

Thanks for any help in advance - very happy to finally make it through the process :).

Regards,

A

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baraynawab said:
Hello Friends,

I landed in Canada through Detroit Ambassador bridge.

One of the immigration officer called us and asked us some questions:

IO: What brings you to Canada?
ME: I am landing here today as a part of the immigration process

IO: Are you moving in to Canada today ?
ME: We are here to complete the landing formalities and are travelling back to the US immediately. I have my job until end of November and I intend to move to Canada permanently after that.

The immigration officer started asking some regular Qs about goods to follow and We were asked to wait. After waiting for 20 minutes, the immigration officer called us again.

IO: Please sign these COPR forms without touching the green border.
ME: -- Signed the forms --

She tore off one of the pages in the COPR form and stapled it to our passports and put a seal with the landing date.

IO: Your landing has been completed and the proof for the same is attached to your passport.

The immigration officer informed me that since I'm not moving in I cannot apply for PR Card and asked me to apply for PR card when I live in Canada and she also told me that with the landing paper attached to the passport we can't travel to canada through air but only by road.so I asked what my options are if i am flying from india to canada she said you can get a travel document from embassy in delhi and travel with that.

ME: I didn't know what to say now.

IO: Do you have any questions for me? Hand over this slip to the security officer outside.
A: No Thank you so much for your help.

Handed over the slip and the security officer released the vehicle keys to us.

Made a U-turn and started traveling into the US and successfully used AVR. But, they made an entry on our passports.

What's my option to apply for PR Card now ? any suggestion ? help?

Thanks

Today I checked the ECas status and it says :

We started processing your application on July 10, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

You entered Canada at the Windsor Ambassador Bridge office on July 19, 2010 and became a Permanent Resident.
This is very helpful, Thanks for sharing.

So I don't need to get a visa to return to US? you said just a U-Turn but do you also have to show the paper to US boarder check?

I am planning to drive from NYC this weekend to complete my landing procedure and return back asap.

Please suggest.

abhi2884

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can I apply for AINP on my own, I having 2 years of work exp in Alberta, my employer is not filing the AINP.

lifeonedge

May 19, 2015
AB
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
Doc's Request.
all provided
Nomination.....
29-04-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
IELTS Request
provided with application
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
In Canada since 2008
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
abhi2884 said:
Can I apply for AINP on my own, I having 2 years of work exp in Alberta, my employer is not filing the AINP.
Please check the AINP website for more information, as they are not accepting any applications until Jan 27, 2016.