+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

after work permit, what next? SIN? Health card?

hardworker

Apr 12, 2010
I recently received my work permit and was wondering what is the next step to this?
-what other documents do I get?
-where will I get them?
because I'm starting work next month and I clearly have no clue what the next step is..
or am I in the last step now?

I still don't have my SIN and other stuff.. I just have a work visa and a permit..

any information is much appreciated, thanks! :D

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To find out how you apply for your SIN, see http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/how.shtml

Where and how you apply for your health card depends on your province. Google "health care nameofprovince" and you should find their website. Some provinces will make you wait for 3 months before you are covered.

hardworker

Apr 12, 2010
Leon said:
To find out how you apply for your SIN, see http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/how.shtml

Where and how you apply for your health card depends on your province. Google "health care nameofprovince" and you should find their website. Some provinces will make you wait for 3 months before you are covered.
Thanks!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Yay!!! You can start working but you also need to get your SIN. You can go in person to the nearest Service Canada in your area. Go early and you'll leave early :) with your SIN number. They will mail you your SIN card in a week or two.

hardworker said:
I recently received my work permit and was wondering what is the next step to this?
-what other documents do I get?
-where will I get them?
because I'm starting work next month and I clearly have no clue what the next step is..
or am I in the last step now?

I still don't have my SIN and other stuff.. I just have a work visa and a permit..

any information is much appreciated, thanks! :D

hardworker

Apr 12, 2010
job_seeker said:
Yay!!! You can start working but you also need to get your SIN. You can go in person to the nearest Service Canada in your area. Go early and you'll leave early :) with your SIN number. They will mail you your SIN card in a week or two.
thanks for your help job_seeker! :D
God bless!

Yin-yang

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
I got my post graduation wrk prmt recently but i dont know how to apply for visa extention??
Which category is it fall now?? I was a student before and now i am doing general labour.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I got my post graduation wrk prmt recently but i dont know how to apply for visa extention??
Which category is it fall now?? I was a student before and now i am doing general labour.
Confused whether you are talking about trv or extending pgwp?