+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

cnagend

Aug 2, 2017
I sent my passport on 20th july they received it on 21st July. I'm already in Canada. I haven't received my passport yet. I have a flight mid August. Please suggest what I can do?

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
2-3 weeks. CIC generally recommends to not fly for few week when submitting passport for stamping. Hope you can look for a tracker on this forum that tracks dates/duration of various steps of immigration.

fatmahmy

Sep 25, 2017
I sent my passport by courier to the visa section in Abu Dhabi, it was received on 10th September. Since then no updates were made in my application status, anyone knows how long it should take to get my passport back?
I tried to call the visa section and unfortunately they don't receive phone calls, I submitted an enquiry and informed them that I need my passport asap to travel in early October but I received no reply.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
I sent my passport by courier to the visa section in Abu Dhabi, it was received on 10th September. Since then no updates were made in my application status, anyone knows how long it should take to get my passport back?
I tried to call the visa section and unfortunately they don't receive phone calls, I submitted an enquiry and informed them that I need my passport asap to travel in early October but I received no reply.
Send another enquiry and email and attach evidence that you have another trip in October. Hope for the best as you keep sending reminders.