+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advise on parents travel

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Dear Experts,

My parents have multiple entry visa and currently they are in Canada with their visa expiring on November 28 th. We have plan to send them to USA for 2 months to my brother's place,

my question is once they leave for usa and come back to Canada after two months will there be problem for their visa issuance as they already spent 5 and half months here.

Based on your input I am planning to postpone the tickets.

Thank you in advance

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Dear Experts,

My parents have multiple entry visa and currently they are in Canada with their visa expiring on November 28 th. We have plan to send them to USA for 2 months to my brother's place,

my question is once they leave for usa and come back to Canada after two months will there be problem for their visa issuance as they already spent 5 and half months here.

Based on your input I am planning to postpone the tickets.

Thank you in advance
If their TRV is expiring then they first need to apply for a new TRV. Once they have it, then the CBSA may be concerned about their true intentions as they are behaving themselves as if living in Canada and not visiting.

Reactions: fusedpat

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Their TRV is expiring on November 28 th and we are planning to send them by November 1 st and they may return in mid of January and again they might travel back to home country on February..

Since they have multiple entry visa do we still need to apply for new TRV while entering Canada again??

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Their TRV is expiring on November 28 th and we are planning to send them by November 1 st and they may return in mid of January and again they might travel back to home country on February..

Since they have multiple entry visa do we still need to apply for new TRV while entering Canada again??
Yes, an expired TRV (multiple or not) is of no use when entering Canada.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Are you referring to TRV validity i.e. the expiry date of the visa stamped in the passport..... or are you referring to their visitor status i.e. the 6-months' stay which was allowed when they arrived at the POE?

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Sorry I think I am mistaken here, In my parent's passport visa is valid till 2019 and while they enter Canada stamp is given till 28-November-2016 so my question is when they enter back to Canada on Jan-2018, their visa is still valid

So my only worry is will there be any questions by border officers??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
This changes the understanding of your parents' situation.

No, you do not need to apply for new TRVs from scratch. When they return in January, their new visit will be considered as a new entry. Their TRVs would continue to be valid until the expiry date(s) mentioned in their passports.

The officer at the POE could give them another 6 months stay or could limit their stay (handwritten date under the entry stamp). Any scenario is possible. It's difficult to guess.

It could help if they have return tickets to their home country, just in case they are questioned when they return. You could buy tickets which allow for a date change/refundable

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Thank you Bryanna and Jalex 23

they have tickets returning from Canada to home country

So to summarise: after their 6 months stay in canada they can travel to USA,stay there for 2 months and come back to Canada and can exit Canada after new stay of two months.

Please correct me if my understanding is correct.

one last question, is there any restrictions on visitor visa that once you departure from Canada, there should be minimum gap before they re-enter??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So to summarise: after their 6 months stay in canada they can travel to USA,stay there for 2 months and come back to Canada and can exit Canada after new stay of two months.
Yes.... it depends on the CBSA officer they encounter. Most probably they won't have any issues.

one last question, is there any restrictions on visitor visa that once you departure from Canada, there should be minimum gap before they re-enter??
There's no minimum gap restriction