+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice for "engineers" applying to Professional Engineers Ontario for P.Eng.

CVIF123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July4
File Transfer...
September 20th
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
november 10th 2015
fantas8 said:
I applied for PEng with PEO last month, they said they will contact me in 6 weeks. I studied civil engineering in Toronto. I am waiting to hear when i can write my PP Exams. I already started to study the books and past exams.
you can check NP exam dates @ http://www.peo.on.ca/ , once you login you --> exams section you can find dates, you can apply from there.

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi Vats,

How is your PPE exam? Are you taking PPE Exam with PEO or APEGA? How is your preparation for PPE Exam? I am going to take my PPE Exam on coming Sept 2016. If you have study notes or materials for PPE exam , please share with me. myatts1980@gmail.com is my email. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Myat

Vats said:
hello anyone can advise me how to clear PPE easily I have PPE on 4th june and just starting preparations

shghafari

Jun 14, 2016
Jack999999 said:
Hi Guys,
I am Canadian PR, hold P. Eng license from Engineers Australia. Do you expect any problem with APEGBC to apply for P. Eng Licence? As far i know, i need to be Charted Engineer from Engineers Australia to use the shortcut path of skills assessment. Please advise.
Cheers!
Hey Jack999999,

I am also looking for the answer. I am holding a CPEng certificate from Engineers Australia, and now need to have Canadian PEng. I found there is a Mutual Recognition Agreement between Engineers Australia and Canada Engineers which is supposed to facilitate mobility of recognised engineers between two countries. However, When I called APEGA, they asked me to go through the entire process same as other candidates. Have you found a shortcut yet? do you know how i can expedite the process?

cheers,

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi jez.s009,

Congrats for your P.Eng. Is your major is Electrical? How do you prepare for your NPPE exam? Please share with us. If you have some study materials please send email to me myatts1980@gmail.com. I am planning to take NPPE exam on coming Sept 2016. Thanks in advance.

Myat

jez.s009 said:
Hi Guys,

Just to update I received my P.Eng from APEGA last week.

All the best everyone.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
Hi it was great i cleared it with peo. Actully I got my PEng in may. I am at india till July end. Pl send pm.
myat said:
Hi Vats,

How is your PPE exam? Are you taking PPE Exam with PEO or APEGA? How is your preparation for PPE Exam? I am going to take my PPE Exam on coming Sept 2016. If you have study notes or materials for PPE exam , please share with me. myatts1980@gmail.com is my email. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Myat

jez.s009

Oct 22, 2015
Thanks Myat

My Major is Mechanical & Marine Engineering and for NPPE ethics I refer Gordon C Andrews and for law I refer Brian M Samuel.You can check APEGA website to buy practice questions.

Any one transfer P.Eng from APEGA to PEO? I live and work in Ontario and I'm planning to apply PEO membership through inter provincial mobility.

Thanks

myat said:
Hi jez.s009,

Congrats for your P.Eng. Is your major is Electrical? How do you prepare for your NPPE exam? Please share with us. If you have some study materials please send email to me myatts1980@gmail.com. I am planning to take NPPE exam on coming Sept 2016. Thanks in advance.

Myat

sjh340

Feb 25, 2016
ginna.p said:
Thanks for all the great info guys!!!

I am planning on moving to Ontario (under provincial nomination). I also have an undergrad degree from the US and passed the FE exam.

Good to know that the US EIT is recognized by a Canadian licensing board.

Have you tried contacting PEO and see if your EIT from another province will be recognized in Ontario? Because in the US you can take your FE in any state and you can work as an EIT in any state.

I will try contacting PEO, see what they say, and keep you all posted!

Hope everything works out!
Hi ginna.p,

Did you end up contacting PEO about the EIT from another province being recognized in Ontario?

From what I found out, any work experience you get under a PEng will count towards your EIT in the province it was issued in. So, even if you work under a PEng in Ontario, the credits will go to your EIT with APEGA, and will eventually enable you to get all the work experience required for the PEng within Alberta, and once a PEng in one province, it's apparently a seamless process to transfer it to any other licensing body.

However, there is a slight disadvantage with being an EIT out of the province you want to work in since some jobs that I've come across specifically say "EIT with PEO". It's quite ridiculous, makes one wonder how talent/innovation is supposed to even flourish with all these restrictions on its movement!

@fresh engineering graduates, a master's program in engineering within Ontario can count as 12 months experience towards the PEng with PEO, but not the best decision financially or even professionally, you can check FAQ for post-grads on the PEO website. On the other hand, it should provide some leverage with PEO, and more importantly, it will provide leverage with companies in Ontario.

Thanks!

Reactions: tobs

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
hi guys,

Unfortunately, I fail my PPE about 62% (passing mark is 65%) (Law and Ethics) exam Part-A (MCQ, 110 MCQ, 2 hr 30 mins) on first attempt with APEGBC and I Passed for Part-B (Essay) 1hour. I will try another attempt on coming January 23~25, 2017 with APEGBC. Good luck for all of you.

Myat

T4m1

Feb 1, 2015
Hello Guys! I am being sponsored by my husband on the outland family visa. I should get my PR in about 5 more months or so. I am a recently graduated Environmental Engineer from Brazil, I am currently living in Canada on a visitor visa. I do not have job experience in Engineering, as I worked in non-engineering research throughout my undergrad. My question is: should I apply for my P.eng (Engineer In Training) now or wait until I am looking for jobs in +-5 months? What is the smart thing to do?

Thank you so much for helping!!

Tami

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
T4m1 said:
Hello Guys! I am being sponsored by my husband on the outland family visa. I should get my PR in about 5 more months or so. I am a recently graduated Environmental Engineer from Brazil, I am currently living in Canada on a visitor visa. I do not have job experience in Engineering, as I worked in non-engineering research throughout my undergrad. My question is: should I apply for my P.eng (Engineer In Training) now or wait until I am looking for jobs in +-5 months? What is the smart thing to do?

Thank you so much for helping!!

Tami
You should apply so you can get EIT meanwhile and if needed give exams

ba2323

Nov 5, 2014
I need help with Experience record, i applied for PEng in Ontario and passed my PPE Exams, does anyone have a sample of experience record?

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
ba2323 said:
I need help with Experience record, i applied for PEng in Ontario and passed my PPE Exams, does anyone have a sample of experience record?
the format is available in PEO website

HeroHarman

Jan 26, 2016
Hello all,

I have a four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering from South Asia. After that, I have done a two-year diploma in Automation/Instrumentation from Canada. I also have 2 years of Canadian work experience in Instrumentation/Controls/Automation field in which I am interested to continue working. I don't want to become EIT in MECHANICAL discipline. I reside in the beautiful province of British Columbia, so I am seeking to become EIT with either APEGBC or APEGA in the discipline of Instrumentation/Controls/Automation. So my questions as follow,

(1) Which is better? APEGA or APEGBC? and How?
(2) Can I become an EIT in the discipline of Instrumentation/Controls/Automation/Robotics/Mechatronics, even though my 4-year degree is in just Mechanical discipline which does not exactly match with the discipline I am seeking to pursue my career in?

Please, any advise.
Thanks,

I am fine with any of these disciplines(Instrumentation/Controls/Automation/Robotics/Mechatronics) to become an EIT.

linksalman

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th May 2011
Doc's Request.
ALREADY SENT
AOR Received.
9th-june-2011
IELTS Request
sent initially
File Transfer...
11th-July-2011 and In Process 21st-Dec-2012
Med's Request
20th February 2013
Med's Done....
1st March 2013, MED line added=12th March 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1> 11-September-2013 PPR2> 3rd October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12th Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 2014
Is there any person in this Forum, who applied for P.eng in Alberta after January 15th 2016 and got his ICAP from WES and Apega didnt ask him to write FE exam?