+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional family information (IMM 5406)

Huxley1234

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is this form for the Applicant (non Canadian) to give info on their family in general.. or only the members they want to also sponsor?

my spouse has 4 brothers but no intention of bringing them here to canada/

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Huxley1234 said:
is this form for the Applicant (non Canadian) to give info on their family in general.. or only the members they want to also sponsor?

my spouse has 4 brothers but no intention of bringing them here to canada/
Hey Huxley it's for all the Applicant's family members including those not being sponsored. So your spouse would include all family members including his brothers regardless of whether they are going to Canada or not.

(I made the mistake of thinking it was only for those being sponsored- but that's not the case!).

tavora

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but maybe someone can help. My husband filled out this form correctly (or so we thought) .. it turns out one of his sisters who he rarely sees has a different last name (complicated story - short version: she was adopted by their dad's sister). On the form, my husband listed her by her birth name, not her current (adopted) last name. Everything else is correct, as far as we know (birth date, address, etc). He hasn't seen her in years and she lives on a fairly remote island in the Pacific. Should we send in a corrected version of the form?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I would, plus a short note saying why it was not correct the first time. However, I do not think it will make any difference in your processing - it is not a mistake that is considered bad. If you didn't send in a correction, they would probably never notice; still, I would, just to be careful.

tavora

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
canadianwoman said:
I would, plus a short note saying why it was not correct the first time. However, I do not think it will make any difference in your processing - it is not a mistake that is considered bad. If you didn't send in a correction, they would probably never notice; still, I would, just to be careful.
Yes, that's what I was thinking, too. Thanks, canadianwoman!

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Hi I am also slightly confused with this form, In the section for Applicant would that be me or my wife ( its my wife sponsoring me to come to canada)
Would the section for spouse be my name or my wife and do I put her parents details or my parents details ?
Any help would be great

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
B1007 said:
Hi I am also slightly confused with this form, In the section for Applicant would that be me or my wife ( its my wife sponsoring me to come to canada)
Would the section for spouse be my name or my wife and do I put her parents details or my parents details ?
Any help would be great
You are the applicant, your wife (the Canadian citizen or PR) is the spouse.

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Sorry to resurrect.... I've read through and I'm still not entirely clear.

My Canadian husband is sponsoring me. I will put his name etc on the form where it asks for it. Does he - as the sponsor - have to complete his own version of this form?

I have two step brothers who I've never met and I don't know where they live. Do I have to include them too?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Taddy said:
Sorry to resurrect.... I've read through and I'm still not entirely clear.

My Canadian husband is sponsoring me. I will put his name etc on the form where it asks for it. Does he - as the sponsor - have to complete his own version of this form?

I have two step brothers who I've never met and I don't know where they live. Do I have to include them too?
No, the sponsor doesn't need to fill out his own form.

Yes, you should include your step brothers. If you don't have their info, indicate that on the form (or on an attached letter).