+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adding son younger than 22y after application is submitted to CIC

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I submitted my application to CIC (SINP nominated) couple of months ago.
Initially I didn't include my son who is younger than 22y as the independent child definition was under 19y old, now as this will change next October to be back to under 22y, I see an ray of hope of adding him, but don't know how and suggestions please ....

Many thanks,

SuperSaiyanGod

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2017
Nomination.....
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Passport Req..
02-01-2018
Hi All,
Initially I didn't include my son who is younger than 22y as the independent child definition was under 19y old, now as this will change next October to be back to under 22y, I see an ray of hope of adding him, but don't know how and suggestions please ....

Many thanks,
I think you have to pull your application and submit again

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

You can't do anything right now. The dependent age is still under 19.

If your app is completed and your COPR/visa are valid beyond October, you should delay landing and add your child after the increase.

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

You can't do anything right now. The dependent age is still under 19.

If your app is completed and your COPR/visa are valid beyond October, you should delay landing and add your child after the increase.
Many thanks dear, that adds another ray of hope to my case :)

As I haven't got the medical request yet, I would say yes I would have beyond October to do landing.

I just hope someone can confirm that what you have mentioned would be acceptable with CIC?

Regards,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I just hope someone can confirm that what you have mentioned would be acceptable with CIC?
I'm not sure what you want confirmed. When the age changes, your child will be a dependent and you can add him to your app.

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not sure what you want confirmed. When the age changes, your child will be a dependent and you can add him to your app.
Hello my friend,
Thanks for the positive feedback in the first place.
This is a unique situation, so I'm looking for someone who has passed a similar situation with CIC to confirm that this is acceptable bu CIC.

Thanks again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

Many thanks,
You can't add your son until the rules change. Since the rules aren't changing until October, there's nothing you can do at this time. Until the new rules are published, we won't know what's possible and what isn't.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
This is a unique situation, so I'm looking for someone who has passed a similar situation with CIC to confirm that this is acceptable bu CIC.
Considering the age increase hasn't happened yet, you aren't going to find anyone who has done this before.