+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adding dependent child from USA

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
Hello All,

We have already landed(short landing) and I am planning to land permanently late next year.
My baby was born in USA after our landing.
Will I be able to add my child to my application or sponsor her while we are still in USA?
Anyone, in my situation please share your experience/advise

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll need to wait until you've returned to Canada to submit a PR application for your child. To sponsor your child for PR, you must be living in Canada at the time you submit the application and must continue living in Canada while the application is processed.

Reactions: americandesimd

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
You'll need to wait until you've returned to Canada to submit a PR application for your child. To sponsor your child for PR, you must be living in Canada at the time you submit the application and must continue living in Canada while the application is processed.

Thank you. Do you what is the current processing times for sponsoring? Do I need to do kid's medicals as well for infant? Is there any link here where shows the process to add the sponsor, What all docs required and the process?

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
Hello Folks,

will my child be eligible for OHIP card and benefits(she is born in USA and I will be sponsoring her once I land in Canada)? or do i need to wait until she gets her PR card? can some one please confirm.
any recommendations for health insurance in Ontario until we get OHIP cards? My child is an infant and will require vaccinations.

Thanks

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello Folks,

will my child be eligible for OHIP card and benefits(she is born in USA and I will be sponsoring her once I land in Canada)? or do i need to wait until she gets her PR card? can some one please confirm.
any recommendations for health insurance in Ontario until we get OHIP cards? My child is an infant and will require vaccinations.

Thanks
You must wait until she lands as a PR with COPR, and then goes through a 3-month waiting period. Any time she's in Canada as a visitor only, she will not be covered for OHIP.

You can look through numerous private health insurance companies. But just note these plans are mainly for emergency/unexpected medical situations only and usually do not cover routine/scheduled costs like pediatrician check-ups or vaccinations. Any policy covering all of this, would most likely be very expensive.

Reactions: americandesimd

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
Thanks all for your quick responses.
My kid is USA citizen and the current processing times on the CIC website says 19 months for sponsoring USA child. Is it easy to extend USA visitor visa in Canada? Any one who has a situation like me please share your advise. Any tips/suggestions will be highly appreciated.