+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding cbsa notes and proof of travels with ccitizenship application

addictive_mate

Dec 7, 2009
Hi There,

I have two questions for you guys,

1.Because of my name mismatch on the passport/US Visa and my PR card(don't ask why, its all because in my passport my last name isn't mentioned and USA/CANADA used completely different last names for me), I had to request CBP notes based on all three permutations(by calling them so many times and explaining that just one name combination won't reveal all the records). And now finally I have travel records from them using 3-4 combinations. Should I add this to my citizenship application because I am pretty sure if cic requests my records, cbsa will again send the records using one name (hence missing records)? Also, i will add a covering letter explaining this.
2. Because of this, you think I should add my travel proof?(I have extensive travel history(>30 trips in last 4 years)

Please advice. Thanks :)

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Hi There,

1.Because of my name mismatch on the passport/US Visa and my PR card(don't ask why, its all because in my passport my last name isn't mentioned and USA/CANADA used completely different last names for me), I had to request CBP notes based on all three permutations(by calling them so many times and explaining that just one name combination won't reveal all the records). And now finally I have travel records from them using 3-4 combinations. Should I add this to my citizenship application because I am pretty sure if cic requests my records, cbsa will again send the records using one name (hence missing records)? Also, i will add a covering letter explaining this.
2. Because of this, you think I should add my travel proof?(I have extensive travel history(>30 trips in last 4 years)

I think it would be very wise to send the CBP notes and detailed cover letter to prevent a delay in your application as a result of the names. In fact, I recommend you give them a call later when they start processing your application, to shed some light and ensure they read your cover letter.
As per travel proof, I am not sure what value would that add. However, since you did travel quite a lot, there is a possibility of an RQ. I would keep the travel history ready should they issue an RQ. I read many times that sometimes giving them too much information can impact you negatively and slow down the process; but that depends entirely on the officer handling your application. At least this is my opinion, let's see if someone with a similar experience has a different suggestion.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Hi There,

you have already answered your question so no point asking any one.......so yes you send every thing and detailed cover letter.....i also had sent my cbsa report though there was no mismatch in my case..

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
I read many times that sometimes giving them too much information can impact you negatively and slow down the process; but that depends entirely on the officer handling your application. At least this is my opinion, let's see if someone with a similar experience has a different suggestion.
there is no truth to it..its a myth...sending too much or too less information doesn't delay your applications..its just a thing if you send more info, they will need more time to go through it...common sense

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
there is no truth to it..its a myth...sending too much or too less information doesn't delay your applications..its just a thing if you send more info, they will need more time to go through it...common sense
That is exactly my point, it could raise more questions and require more time.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
That is exactly my point, it could raise more questions and require more time.

oh no buddy...sending more info is always better to explain your self..take it positively not negatively.....because in his case there is an error and these questions will definitely be asked later on so better to send in start to convince them

if his case was a normal one then it would have been fine without sending any additional info....

if i was him i would send all this info what he is talking about...

addictive_mate

Dec 7, 2009
Thanks guys! In case of RQ, how long does it usually take?I know its unpredictable but just want to know typically how long does it take these days..