+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Add Spouse To PR Application which is currently in Processing

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
AEE11 said:
Guys below was the email I got when I called the call center and told that my marital status is changed and would like to add spouse to my application. in this email they said to write Add-on the application what does it mean? Is it something different?

Also in the forms below they haven't said to submit Form IMM 5562 Supplementary Information Your Travels, as it was not listed I didn't submit that form. Is it better to submit this form?

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

After applying for permanent residence under the Economic class - Adding a family member

A family member* of the principal applicant could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as non-accompanying dependant in the initial application. However, there is no guarantee that your request to add a family member to an application will be accepted if the final decision has already been made by the office processing the application.

To add a family member to the application, you have to download, fill out, validate and print the following forms** from our website and send them to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Ottawa, Ontario, at the following address:

CPC - Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor, section B
Ottawa, ON
K1A 1L1
•A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,
•(If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form,
•(If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,
•(If applicable) A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form,
•A copy of the family member’s valid passport,
•Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,

and
•The add-on request including: ◦your name,
◦your client ID number/UCI,
◦your file number,
◦a letter of explanation,
◦a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
◦if applicable, the proof of payment.

You must write ADD-ON on the forms and on the envelope. If you want proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.

*A family member is a spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child.
**If the newly created family member is a child born in Canada, only the add-on request is required.

TorontoMo

Dec 14, 2014
I sent them all requested documents via email.

I will be sending PCC and Spouse's passport pictures via mail in 2 weeks. Hoping I will get a positive response soon. BTW I'm a Sep 2014 applicant.

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
TorontoMo said:
I sent them all requested documents via email.

I will be sending PCC and Spouse's passport pictures via mail in 2 weeks. Hoping I will get a positive response soon. BTW I'm a Sep 2014 applicant.
What do you suggest, is it better to submit IMM 5562 form?

zbiswajit

Jun 14, 2013
I sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca for adding my spouse information on Jan 01, 2016 and still waiting for reply. Anyone like to help me by providing the email address or let me know that I used correct email address or not.
Also suggest me for sending all required documents as per as specimen without cic reply as I am waiting for long time now.

I am Aug 2014 CEC PR applicant.
Married Nov 2015

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
zbiswajit said:
I sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca for adding my spouse information on Jan 01, 2016 and still waiting for reply. Anyone like to help me by providing the email address or let me know that I used correct email address or not.
Also suggest me for sending all required documents as per as specimen without cic reply as I am waiting for long time now.

Married Nov 2015
What exactly did you email them? You did send it to the right email. Below will be the email which CIC sends when you inform them that you're married. Police clearance should be original. Read this whole post from 1st page you will get clear picture. If you have any questions message me. Fill the applications soon and send another email right away to same above email ID saying that your marital status is changed and update that in your application. Scan all below documents(forms) attach it to the email ( CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca )and send it to CIC. Also mail them originals. You can send PCC for your spouse later.

Thank you for informing us of your change in marital status.

If your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) is a Canadian citizen or if they have obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you are required to send us a proof of their status (birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, etc.).

If your spouse or CLP is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you will need to complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your existing application and examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality and security). Unless otherwise stated, the following is mandatory whether or not your spouse or CLP decides to accompany you to Canada.

The following information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information available and could be rejected.

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP

If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550 and a RPRF of $490 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:

ÿ Go to our Online Payment webpage.

ÿ Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed.

ÿ Select the “Immigration” link, followed by “Spouse and Common-Law Partner in Canada Class” or “Right of Permanence Residence Fee”

ÿ Enter the number of fee payments (1) in the box beside the corresponding fee.

ÿ Click “Submit”

ÿ Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and follow the instructions to pay with a credit card

Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
Please attach your receipt to an email, with your application number in the title, and send it to the address CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais@cic.gc.ca .

2. Four (4) recent photographs of your spouse or CLP
The photographs must be taken accordingly to our specifications.

3. Forms
ÿ Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP

ÿ Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP

ÿ A completed and signed Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 by your spouse or CLP

ÿ Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP

ÿ If applicable: A completed and signed IMM5409 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

4. Documents
ÿ Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate

ÿ Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport

ÿ If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate

ÿ If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate

5. Police certificate
We require an original police certificate for all countries where your spouse or CLP has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after their stay in these countries.

Please be advised that police certificates must be mailed in their original PAPER format. We do not accept scanned copies. This document must be sent via postal or courier service to our office to the address indicated below.

6. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:

· Engagement photos and/or photos of outings;

Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, including wedding reception and post wedding photographs;
· If your spouse or CLP is living abroad, please provide proof of your or their visits such as airline ticket coupons, used boarding passes, complete photocopy of all pages of your spouse’s passport;

· Evidence of continued contact such as phone bills, letters and e-mails;

· Details of the history of your relationship;

· At least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your common-law relationship supporting your claims;

Any other documents that you feel would demonstrate your relationship to your spouse or CLP.

7. Medical certificate
Your spouse or CLP and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
How to submit the requested documents:
Please email all requested documents and information to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.
Original police certificates MUST be mailed to the following address:

Attention: Officer
Case Processing Centre- Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor, Section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
======================================================

The link for online payment is:
eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

Reactions: Bello.Scott

TorontoMo

Dec 14, 2014
AEE11 said:
What do you suggest, is it better to submit IMM 5562 form?
I submitted them with my spouse's application. If they didn't ask you then I suggest don't submit at this moment. Just have it ready in case they ask it later.

TorontoMo

Dec 14, 2014
zbiswajit said:

Married Nov 2015
That is correct email address. I suggest you call and follow up as its been more than a month.

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
TorontoMo said:
I submitted them with my spouse's application. If they didn't ask you then I suggest don't submit at this moment. Just have it ready in case they ask it later.
From the CIC email I see that form is almost like mandatory, don't want to take chance. Already sent it.

2016cic

Mar 8, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I am about to get married soon and I applied for CIC in January 2016. Can anyone suggest the best way to add my spouse to the application?

Thanks

ashishg1986

Sep 11, 2014
Hi Bro,

I too recently got married on 7th Mar and informed CIC about the change in my marital status on 14th Mar. But I didn't receive any email confirming that they have updated my marital status. However, when I called CIC one of the agents provided the same information as you have posted below. Can you please help me on what do I need to do next? How do I contact CIC? What documents I need to send? Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ashish

AEE11 said:
Hi Guys,

I would like to add my wife to my PR application. I submitted my application in August 2014.

I called CIC recently and told them that I got married and asked what documents do I need to submit to CIC for my wife they sent me email to submit below documents:

•A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,

For this document I see that first data is about principal applicant and in dependant section I have to enter spouse details. What are the supporting documents for IMM 0008? I don't see anything in Guide for this application

•(If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form,

I already submitted IMM 5669 for me (primary applicant) when I sent the application, now should I need to just submit one for my spouse?

•(If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,

Should I fill this form with my spouse details because in the guide to fill this application form it says that on behalf of each of your dependants not included in the Generic Application Form for Canada(IMM 0008), I'm little confused when it said Not Included in IMM 0008.

in the Guide to fill this application form it says:

This form must be completed by:
•You, the principal applicant, on behalf of each of your dependants not included in the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008).

•(If applicable) A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form,

Should I complete this form one for me and one for my spouse? If I need to complete one for my spouse, do I need to enter my name in the Applicant field in her form?

I understood both the below ones

•A copy of the family member’s valid passport,
•Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,

I think I have to send marriage photos, regular PR photos, birth certificate, and marriage certificate. DO I NEED TO SEND ANY MORE DOCUMENTS?

DO I NEED TO INFORM CIC RIGHT AWAY THAT MY MARITAL STATUS IS CHANGED TO MARRIED. AS THEY ARE CURRENTLY WORKING ON AUGUST APPLICATIONS. I DON'T HAVE ALL THE DOCUMENTS IN HAND, IT MIGHT TAKE SOMETIME FOR POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE. WHAT DO YOU GUYS SUGGEST?

Please help me in completing this application forms,,, please

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
ashishg1986 said:
Hi Bro,

I too recently got married on 7th Mar and informed CIC about the change in my marital status on 14th Mar. But I didn't receive any email confirming that they have updated my marital status. However, when I called CIC one of the agents provided the same information as you have posted below. Can you please help me on what do I need to do next? How do I contact CIC? What documents I need to send? Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ashish
Sorry for the late reply ....don't wait till you get reply from CIC just get all the below documents, fill them out and send it so CIC... sometimes they reply you sometimes they don't. I hope you sent email to CPC-CTD one informing that you got married. When did you submit your application. Call call center and ask them if the marital status is updated? You have any questions ask me

If your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) is a Canadian citizen or if they have obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you are required to send us a proof of their status (birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, etc.).

If your spouse or CLP is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you will need to complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your existing application and examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality and security). Unless otherwise stated, the following is mandatory whether or not your spouse or CLP decides to accompany you to Canada.

The following information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information available and could be rejected.

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP

If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550 and a RPRF of $490 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:

ÿ Go to our Online Payment webpage.

ÿ Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed.

ÿ Select the “Immigration” link, followed by “Spouse and Common-Law Partner in Canada Class” or “Right of Permanence Residence Fee”

ÿ Enter the number of fee payments (1) in the box beside the corresponding fee.

ÿ Click “Submit”

ÿ Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and follow the instructions to pay with a credit card

Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
Please attach your receipt to an email, with your application number in the title, and send it to the address CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais@cic.gc.ca .

2. Four (4) recent photographs of your spouse or CLP
The photographs must be taken accordingly to our specifications.

3. Forms
ÿ Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP

ÿ Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP

ÿ A completed and signed Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 by your spouse or CLP

ÿ Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP

ÿ If applicable: A completed and signed IMM5409 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

4. Documents
ÿ Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate

ÿ Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport

ÿ If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate

ÿ If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate

5. Police certificate
We require an original police certificate for all countries where your spouse or CLP has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after their stay in these countries.

Please be advised that police certificates must be mailed in their original PAPER format. We do not accept scanned copies. This document must be sent via postal or courier service to our office to the address indicated below.

6. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:

· Engagement photos and/or photos of outings;

Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, including wedding reception and post wedding photographs;
· If your spouse or CLP is living abroad, please provide proof of your or their visits such as airline ticket coupons, used boarding passes, complete photocopy of all pages of your spouse’s passport;

· Evidence of continued contact such as phone bills, letters and e-mails;

· Details of the history of your relationship;

· At least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your common-law relationship supporting your claims;

Any other documents that you feel would demonstrate your relationship to your spouse or CLP.

7. Medical certificate
Your spouse or CLP and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
How to submit the requested documents:
Please email all requested documents and information to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.
Original police certificates MUST be mailed to the following address:

Attention: Officer
Case Processing Centre- Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor, Section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
======================================================

The link for online payment is:
eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
13-09-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
Hello awesome people,

I am adding my spouse to my in-progress application for permanent residency through inland PNP. After going through all threads on this forum topic, I have got a lot of information covered. However, I still have few doubts and queries and I am requesting you people to help.

Ques 1- Does I have sent only my updated IMM008 Generic application form or one for myself & second for my wife filled by her?

Ques 2- Do I have sent my spouse's PR size photographs? If yes then Is it same requirements as it was for me ? i.e. 6 photographs and on one of them write Name, DOB at the back

Lastly, Do we have to mention about we have her Spouse Open Work Permit application in process too ?

Please give your expert advice on this. Thanks

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
Hammer said:
Hello awesome people,

I am adding my spouse to my in-progress application for permanent residency through inland PNP. After going through all threads on this forum topic, I have got a lot of information covered. However, I still have few doubts and queries and I am requesting you people to help.

Ques 1- Does I have sent only my updated IMM008 Generic application form or one for myself & second for my wife filled by her?
You have to send the updated IMM008 form. It should be only filled by you and you will be signing it. You just need to write your wife information in the Dependent section.

Ques 2- Do I have sent my spouse's PR size photographs? If yes then Is it same requirements as it was for me ? i.e. 6 photographs and on one of them write Name, DOB at the back
Thats right, send exactly as you sent yours

Lastly, Do we have to mention about we have her Spouse Open Work Permit application in process too ?
DO you want to say this in explanation letter? or specify in any of the forms?

Please give your expert advice on this. Thanks