+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Add new born baby to the PR Application

Aaisha09

Apr 27, 2017
I am in same exact situation.. my COPR is also valid till June 2018 and also received my passport and baby due date is on April 3rd 2018 . Kindly please let me know what have you done for this that would be very helpful for me as well .
We got our passports back with visa and COPR. Even though we had sent a cover letter requesting on next steps to add new baby when born, they haven't responded to that bit. Have mailed them requesting the same. Haven't got a reply yet. Will keep you posted if I hear anything. It would be nice if you could update me as well if you hear anything.

Thanks

chitra kahlon

Jun 8, 2017
have you received your passports back ??

No I am still waiting for the passports.. it has been almost 50 days since I have sent them,,,but it is still under process at Canada Visa Office, New Delhi :-( :-( (as mentioned in online tracking system)
I dont know whom to enquire for this delay, as I have emailed to CIC and NDVO but havent yet received any response. VFS and CIC asked me to contact NDVO for the same when i had a conversation with them via their help line numbers. . but unfortunately, NDVO doesnt entertain anyone on phone or in person, they just asked to mail them and wait for the response..

Can anyone help me where should I reach???

chitra kahlon

Jun 8, 2017
Hello All,

We received our ppr and submitted our passports with a cover letter requesting for extension as we are expecting our baby in November 2017. We also submitted a letter from my OB GYN stating my due date. However, Our case seems to have been approved which means we will receive our copr. Would it still be possible to add our new born later if we do not do the landing prior to the birth of the baby. Note that our copr would be valid until June 2018, so there is enough time for landing.

Will appreciate your earliest response!

According to my knowledge, if you land before the baby is born,, u will have to sponsor them from Canada. But if baby is born before u plan to go.. u add them immediately to ur profile and then send a request for reapplication for your visa along with your baby. In doing so, you will have to repay the amount you paid during visa stamping.
Hope this helps! Good luck!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
According to my knowledge, if you land before the baby is born,, u will have to sponsor them from Canada. But if baby is born before u plan to go.. u add them immediately to ur profile and then send a request for reapplication for your visa along with your baby. In doing so, you will have to repay the amount you paid during visa stamping.
I believe there are some instructions on the COPR about how to notify if there has been a change in composition in your family. You will have to resubmit your application so your baby is included on your COPR.

chitra kahlon

Jun 8, 2017
I am in same exact situation.. my COPR is also valid till June 2018 and also received my passport and baby due date is on April 3rd 2018 . Kindly please let me know what have you done for this that would be very helpful for me as well .

You ought to add your baby to your profile immediately after birth. Send them a copy of below mentioned documents via email as well as via CSE. Once done, send a request for reapplication of your visa along with your baby. In doing so, you will have to repay the amount you paid during visa stamping.
a. Birth Certificate
b. Passport
c. Receipt of online payment done for Right of Permanent Residence ($150 CAD) for the dependent child
d. Upfront medical examination tracking sheet
e. Updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form (principal applicant)
f. Updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form (principal applicant and spouse)
g. Proof of settlement funds
h. Photograph

Last edited:
Reactions: justformsu

chitra kahlon

Jun 8, 2017
I believe there are some instructions on the COPR about how to notify if there has been a change in composition in your family. You will have to resubmit your application so your baby is included on your COPR.
yea may be.. haven't received my COPR yet... :-(

Aaisha09

Apr 27, 2017
Thank you so much. I have mailed CPC Ottawa a couple of weeks ago informing them of my due date once again - haven't received any response from them as yet. Do I need to wait for their instructions as to how to go about this process or reapply anyway.

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much. I have mailed CPC Ottawa a couple of weeks ago informing them of my due date once again - haven't received any response from them as yet. Do I need to wait for their instructions as to how to go about this process or reapply anyway.

Thanks!
Keep records of your contact but nothing can be done until the baby is born.

Arch-1

Aug 27, 2017
Hello there..
Yup we were fortunate enough!! We got all the following things done for my baby and uploaded the documents via IRCC web form and also mailed it to CIC and VO -
a. Birth Certificate
b. Passport
c. Receipt of online payment done for Right of Permanent Residence ($150 CAD) for the dependent child
f. Updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form (principal applicant and spouse)
h. Photograph

Following this, we also submitted my daughter's original passport to the VO along with mine and my husband's (though not asked for). Few days back, I received a mail from CIC regarding upgradation of my daughter in my profile along with her UCI number.

We are now waiting for the passports with a stamped visa for all three of us!!! Hoping for the best!! Fingers crossed
I hope you got back your passports stamped visas. I am sort of in the same situation and would love to clarify few points from you.
1- How were you able to add your child the online application? I am filling my PR express entry- Federal Skilled Worker application and I can't seem to find an option to add my child information!
2- Whare are the address for the CIC that you mailed your information to? Do I need to mail the same docs to the VO though I am applying through the express entry?
3- How did you check that IMM0008 and IMM5406 are required? Is there anything on the CIC giving information about this regard?
4- Proof of settlement funds? is the same one provided with your application or an updated one?
5- Did you provide 4 photographs? what are the specs or requirements that you followed in them?

Thank you for your help!

sagar.ghabade

Aug 3, 2017
I am in same situation. I have got invite to apply and we are expecting baby in Jan last week. Can anyone advice how to update my application?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
According to my knowledge, if you land before the baby is born,, u will have to sponsor them from Canada.
If you land before your baby is born - and your baby is born in Canada, your baby is a Canadian citizen.

Reactions: Tomi2

getjaionline

Jul 10, 2017
Hello there..
Yup we were fortunate enough!! We got all the following things done for my baby and uploaded the documents via IRCC web form and also mailed it to CIC and VO -
a. Birth Certificate
b. Passport
h. Photograph

Following this, we also submitted my daughter's original passport to the VO along with mine and my husband's (though not asked for). Few days back, I received a mail from CIC regarding upgradation of my daughter in my profile along with her UCI number.

We are now waiting for the passports with a stamped visa for all three of us!!! Hoping for the best!! Fingers crossed
Hi, My AOR is 31st Aug and the application is in NA2 stage. There is a new addition to my family this week. If I wanted to add my new born child to my PR application, I think I need to raise CSE with the respective VO. Please could you advise how to find out which VO is processing my application? I have applied for PR from UK. Because my family is in India, I have requested in my application to send passport requests to India.

Please help.

Thanks

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, My AOR is 31st Aug and the application is in NA2 stage. There is a new addition to my family this week. If I wanted to add my new born child to my PR application, I think I need to raise CSE with the respective VO. Please could you advise how to find out which VO is processing my application? I have applied for PR from UK. Because my family is in India, I have requested in my application to send passport requests to India.

Please help.

Thanks
CSE is not specific to VO. Send CSE from "https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1" and send an email to Ottawa & London Visa Offices.

Reactions: justformsu

arpit0718

Jan 10, 2015
Hello Need help here -:

We have the ITA but we haven't submitted the documents yet and now there is a change in family status and we need to add baby to our file.How to do it?

We have only 35 days left now to submit our file and in this period we have to prepare baby's documents as well?Will baby require medical as well?Born outside Canada

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Need help here -:

We have the ITA but we haven't submitted the documents yet and now there is a change in family status and we need to add baby to our file.How to do it?

We have only 35 days left now to submit our file and in this period we have to prepare baby's documents as well?Will baby require medical as well?Born outside Canada
Yes, medicals are required for baby as well.
I recommend to provide updated POF.

If you are not able to reach deadline, send CSE asking for extension to get baby documents(passport).