+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA (WES assessed as 3 years equivalent)

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
1. Yes post membership experience will be counted full-time for immigration. However, if you had any other graduation before getting membership then that can also be counted towards work experience. But beware that you cannot be a full time student and full time employed at the same time. So for example, you have passed a bachelor degree in Dec 2010 and started working full time in a company from Jan 2011 and started studying ACCA as well and you passed ACCA on Dec 2014.

So this is the way you claim work experience-
Jan 2011- Dec 2014 : Part time work experience
Jan 2011- Dec 2014 : Part time student (ACCA)
Jan 2015 - present: Full time work experience

2. ACCA membership should get you a 4 years Canadian bachelor degree ( I have got the same)

conquror said:
Dear Wifiwifey,

I have completed ACCA in Dec 2013 and doing job with approved employer since Aug 2013, and got membership now i.w. Dec 2016, Can you please tell me whether post membership experience will be counted for immigration.

second query is about educational equivalency on the basis ACCA membership as i dont have BSC from oxford Brookes university..

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
ACCA membership without BSC degree = 4 years Canadian Bachelors degree. Not sure about BCom.

Ummi 10 said:
I just came across this forum and found it really helpfull

Can you guys please let me know
I am an ACCA memeber (without OBU BSC degree) and also have done B.COM(2 years from Pakistan)
how much years of equivalency i can get from WES for USA? by ACCA and B.COM individually

Thankyou

Ummi 10

Feb 8, 2017
wifiwifey said:
ACCA membership without BSC degree = 4 years Canadian Bachelors degree. Not sure about BCom.
Thank you so much for your response
I am applying to WES now hoping to get USA bachelors too on ACCA
Thanks Again wifiwifey

HABDU

Mar 2, 2017
Hi guys

Just a quick question. I am an ACCA Affiliate since Feb 2014. Having completed 3 years i am in the process of obtaining the membership certificate. During the period Feb 2014 - present, i am working full time with a acca platinum employer.

My concern is if I apply for ECA to WES, should i send:
1) My membership certificates only? Or
2) Should I send the affiliate certificates along with membership certificates? Or
3) Send only affiliate certificate.

My objective is to be eligible to claim the 3 year work experience for 2014-2017 in EE profile as it was full time and i was not studying, so looking to get a ECA from WES stating acca completion in 2014 (equivalent to 4 years Canadian bachelors)
Members with a similar scenario, please share your experience.

Luch

Apr 17, 2017
Hello,

please I need help...

I have a Bsc in Microbiology and I am also an ACCA member.

should I send both for evaluation or just the ACCA

please note that all of my years of experience has been finance releated

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Hi, Yes please send both to WES Canada. The cost is same.

Luch said:
Hello,

please I need help...

I have a Bsc in Microbiology and I am also an ACCA member.

should I send both for evaluation or just the ACCA

please note that all of my years of experience has been finance releated

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
I am ACCA Member plus BSc from OBU.

Please confirm whether i will be able to claim (two or more degrees with one being 3 years or more) option after getting ECA done from WES?

Reactions: vsacca

steffyc

Apr 23, 2017
Hello all,

Can somebody please help me.
I am an ACCA affiliate with a 3 years experience. I am married and changed my last name to that of my husband's.
However, on my ACCA qualification my name displayed there is my birth name.
To what name should i register on WES? Should it be the same to that displayed on my ACCA certificates.
Also i am not sure what to input when asked for country of study and name of credentials. Can somebody please help :)
I shall be the most grateful

kenyk

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
wifiwifey said:
Hi, Yes please send both to WES Canada. The cost is same.
Dear wifiwifey,

I am writting in regards to ACCA qualification for my wife . My wife had completed her ACCA course in 2010 after which we was working for an audit firm. She had received her ACCA membership in 2014. Would need to support in completing the education history for her ACCA.Please advise what needs to be filled in for her ACCA.

Regards
Kenyk

cusadmin

Oct 2, 2015
Hi All,

I am just wondering if anyone has had an Irish Accounting Technician diploma recognised by Wes?

I know they say the don't recognise or evaluate anything from a professional membership, but I see that some people have gotten their Acca Qualification evaluated.

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Hi,

I'm an ACCA Member and i also have a 2 year B.com. Will WES evaluate both qualification separately, if so then while calculating points in CRS tool can i choose "two or more certificates, diplomas or degree. One must be for a program of three of more years" option ?

Regards

Sam1990

May 12, 2017
Hi all,

I am ACCA member and i do not have any bachelors degree. I Started my ACCA after A levels.

Can anyone please confirm how WES will evaluate my ACCA membership?

Some consultants are telling me that WES do not evaluate ACCA membership equivalent to 3 years bachelors if you do not have bachelors degree.

Can any one please advice.

Regards,

Emon1713

May 22, 2017
Dear wifiwifey,

hi...could you please tell me,whether its possible to get an evaluation of two or more post secondary degree based on ACCA Membership,CAT Certificate and Advanced Diploma in accounting & Business certificate of ACCA from WES for Canada Express entry????

I do not have OBU or any Graduation...

Thanks for you time....

zubair1990

May 11, 2017
Dear All,

I have sent my sent my documents to IQAS for assessment. I am ACCA Member along with the Masters Degree.
My question is that does IQAS assess ACCA qualification?

Jun 23, 2017
Dear All,

I have found this forum very helpful as it has resolved many of my queries. However, there are still some queries on which I want to get resolve, hence, your help is highly needed.

I started ACCA in 2011 and completed ir in June 2014 and in the same year I was done with BSc in Applied Accounting from OBU too. However, I am not a member yet and will become ACCA member in August 2017. Now my queries are as follow:

1) Being an ACCA Affiliate, will I get equivalency of 4 years from WEC?

2) Will I be getting a 2 years degree equivalency from WEF against Bachelor's degree from OBU?

3) I read in this forum that a transcript from OBU is needed by WEC. I have ordered the transcript 2 years back and it is still with me so can I directly post the Bachelors transcript along with ACCA Certificates or the transcript has to be directly issued by OBU to WEC?

4) Should I get the ECA report post to my address or should I get it post to anywhere else? I was thinking to first get the ECA report and then apply for Canada Immigration is this approach okay?

Your responses shall be highly apprecaited.

Last edited: