+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA (WES assessed as 3 years equivalent)

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Hi Ciscoccie,

Yes, there is a difference in the points. I am married so there was a point difference of 7 points. I had sent both Bsc & ACCA for equivalency.

Thanks

ciscoccie said:
if i send ACCA to do equivalency they will give 3 years . if i do ACCA and Oxford broks degree they will give 4 years equivalency ? Is there a difference in points, if yes how many . Also I would like to know if you ppl have sent only oxford broks degree or ACCA+Oxford brooks degree for equivalency .

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
Thank Wifi for responding on timely basis, I am sorry for not checking canadavisa forum lately.

For O/A levels and ACCA affiliate equivalency, u have to ask ACCA to send your transcript and you may send copies of your documents as well to WES which may include:

Professional and fundamental certificate,
Diploma certificate,
Masters equivalency from ACCA.

ACCA affiliate/member will get you 3 years of Canadian bachelor equivalency. hwoever if you also have BSC OBU degree you may get it assess along with you acca as well, which will help u to get 4 years bachelor degree or 2 post secondary degree (in later option you will get additional points if you also have CLB-9 in IELTS)

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
murtazajaffri_cca said:
Thank Wifi for responding on timely basis, I am sorry for not checking canadavisa forum lately.

For O/A levels and ACCA affiliate equivalency, u have to ask ACCA to send your transcript and you may send copies of your documents as well to WES which may include:

Professional and fundamental certificate,
Diploma certificate,
Masters equivalency from ACCA.

ACCA affiliate/member will get you 3 years of Canadian bachelor equivalency. hwoever if you also have BSC OBU degree you may get it assess along with you acca as well, which will help u to get 4 years bachelor degree or 2 post secondary degree (in later option you will get additional points if you also have CLB-9 in IELTS)

Also ask ACCA to submit letter of good standing and all documents submitted by ACCA shall me signed and stamped and referred with your file number provided to you by WES after payment.

AngelYY1230

Jan 7, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I have done ACCA and OBU in Malaysia, not UK. Do I fill up country of education as United Kingdom too?

Appreciate if anyone can help me on this :)

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
AngelYY1230 said:
Hi Everyone,

I have done ACCA and OBU in Malaysia, not UK. Do I fill up country of education as United Kingdom too?

Appreciate if anyone can help me on this :)
Yes you can write UK, get your ACCA and OBU assessed by WES without providing your secondary school certificates (O/ALevel).

Contact me on murtazajaffri_cca@hotmail.com for more quicker replies.

Muddassir

Apr 10, 2015
Hello,

I am filling my express entry application and have the following queries:
  • I am an ACCA member since June 2012 and have OBU BSc. (Hons.) in Applied Accounting since January 2009. I understand by reading the earlier threads that I can use the Country of Study as UK even though I actually did my education in Pakistan.
  • For the question, was ACCA awarded a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate for this period of study? should i say yes as I got CPA/CGA based on my ACCA?
  • Also for level of education should i select Bachelors degree or 3 or more year equivalent at university?
  • To get my ACCA membership I work at an Audit Firm for 3 years. Can I show this in my Foreign work experience. If so then under what NOC?

Thank you in advance for all the information provided.

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Hello Muddassir,

1. You can use UK as the Country of Study in the WES application. But you have to use Pakistan in the EE profile. Otherwise CIC will ask for your UK police clearance certificate.
2. No you should not.
3. Since you are a member, you will get a WES report of Two (4 years Bachelor) degree if you need both OBU and ACCA. In that case, you should choose Two or more degrees.... in EE form.
4. I am not sure about the Audit firm experience.

Thanks
Alifur

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Muddassir said:
Hello,

I am filling my express entry application and have the following queries:
  • I am an ACCA member since June 2012 and have OBU BSc. (Hons.) in Applied Accounting since January 2009. I understand by reading the earlier threads that I can use the Country of Study as UK even though I actually did my education in Pakistan.
  • For the question, was ACCA awarded a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate for this period of study? should i say yes as I got CPA/CGA based on my ACCA?
  • Also for level of education should i select Bachelors degree or 3 or more year equivalent at university?
  • To get my ACCA membership I work at an Audit Firm for 3 years. Can I show this in my Foreign work experience. If so then under what NOC?

Thank you in advance for all the information provided.

I am not an ACCA but I have an idea which might be easy and cheap for you to make equliency. ACCA people can get M.COM degree from KU , once you get that degree submit that to WES and you might get 4 years degree status as M.COM is 16 years education and maybe ACCA will charge you more to send WES credentials than KU .

http://www.accaglobal.com/pk/en/student/support-for-students-in-pakistan/hec-recognition.html
http://www.hec.gov.pk/InsideHEC/Divisions/QALI/DegreeAttestationEquivalence/EquivalenceDegreeIssuance/Pages/Default.aspx

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
ciscoccie said:
I am not an ACCA but I have an idea which might be easy and cheap for you to make equliency. ACCA people can get M.COM degree from KU , once you get that degree submit that to WES and you might get 4 years degree status as M.COM is 16 years education and maybe ACCA will charge you more to send WES credentials than KU .

http://www.accaglobal.com/pk/en/student/support-for-students-in-pakistan/hec-recognition.html
http://www.hec.gov.pk/InsideHEC/Divisions/QALI/DegreeAttestationEquivalence/EquivalenceDegreeIssuance/Pages/Default.aspx

CISCOCCIE - when you do not know something do not poke your nose since it is not good to misguide you do not only disturb current applicant but future applicants as well who see this threat.

1. there is no mechanism to provide equivalency over equivalency.
2. there is no fee charged by ACCA to send reports to WES
3. OBU will charge around 25 GBP i guess
4. If you select country of education as UK they wont ask you for Inter/Matric cert. other wise you have to submit.

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
murtazajaffri_cca said:

CISCOCCIE - when you do not know something do not poke your nose since it is not good to misguide you do not only disturb current applicant but future applicants as well who see this threat.

1. there is no mechanism to provide equivalency over equivalency.
2. there is no fee charged by ACCA to send reports to WES
3. OBU will charge around 25 GBP i guess
4. If you select country of education as UK they wont ask you for Inter/Matric cert. other wise you have to submit.
I did wrote that I am not an ACCA so its obvious that I dont know much about it., I thought of this because my own education is from UK , i did sent WES my diploma from british computer society and after a few days they asked me A levels and O levels too ( dont know why ) , I had to ask british council to send all my certs and they were charging around 32 GBP per cert ( it took 28 days for them to send )

A lot of people who have done o levels and a levels got their equivalency from inter board and submitted to WES along with BS degree . there is a thread here for O levels ppl , so i think equivalency over equivalency might work otherwise WES would have asked them originals and not equivalents . The reason why I gave originals was because I was short of time ( FSW 2014 ) , I only had O and A levels and not equivalency.

My intention was to help , of course the applicant wont just close his eyes and do what I say . If my comments have offended you, I am sorry for that.

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
ciscoccie said:
I did wrote that I am not an ACCA so its obvious that I dont know much about it., I thought of this because my own education is from UK , i did sent WES my diploma from british computer society and after a few days they asked me A levels and O levels too ( dont know why ) , I had to ask british council to send all my certs and they were charging around 32 GBP per cert ( it took 28 days for them to send )

A lot of people who have done o levels and a levels got their equivalency from inter board and submitted to WES along with BS degree . there is a thread here for O levels ppl , so i think equivalency over equivalency might work otherwise WES would have asked them originals and not equivalents . The reason why I gave originals was because I was short of time ( FSW 2014 ) , I only had O and A levels and not equivalency.

My intention was to help , of course the applicant wont just close his eyes and do what I say . If my comments have offended you, I am sorry for that.
oh bro please, it's a public forum and everyone has a right to comment and you didnt offend me. I am aware that if you choose country of education as UK and you have done O/A Levels along with ACCA/UK degree they wont ask you O/A level equivalency.

Thank you man cheers and happy life in Canada. Hope to see you soon ;)

Xoolfi

Mar 30, 2016
Finally, I am able to post something. Special thanks to Murtza, you are of a great help.

Wifiwifey, I admire your help. There are a number of things regarding which I need your help.
I have ACCA membership and Graduation from OBO plus a two-year graduation from a local university in Pakistan.
I have already received the assessment from WES (ACCA + two-year Graduation) and they acknowledged it as a 4-year graduation and a two-year diploma. Now, along with my wife, I have a total CRS score of 373.

1. if I get update my assessment updated from the WES by including the B.Sc (hon) from OBU will I be able to fall in the category of "two or more degrees of which one must be of at least 3 years? (I have confirmed this from Murtaza as well but since you have actually claimed that, therefore I assume you to be more relevant person)

2. I am also pursuing the CA from Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan. Having an experience of almost 7 years including five years in an well-known audit firm, and then a multinational company and now I am working in USAID. My wife holds more or less the same profile. Are there any chances of Provincial nomination ?

Plus I need your help in points formation. as how come you reach at so many points?

Thanking in anticipation.

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
Xoolfi said:
Finally, I am able to post something. Special thanks to Murtza, you are of a great help.

Wifiwifey, I admire your help. There are a number of things regarding which I need your help.
I have ACCA membership and Graduation from OBO plus a two-year graduation from a local university in Pakistan.
I have already received the assessment from WES (ACCA + two-year Graduation) and they acknowledged it as a 4-year graduation and a two-year diploma. Now, along with my wife, I have a total CRS score of 373.

1. if I get update my assessment updated from the WES by including the B.Sc (hon) from OBU will I be able to fall in the category of "two or more degrees of which one must be of at least 3 years? (I have confirmed this from Murtaza as well but since you have actually claimed that, therefore I assume you to be more relevant person)

2. I am also pursuing the CA from Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan. Having an experience of almost 7 years including five years in an well-known audit firm, and then a multinational company and now I am working in USAID. My wife holds more or less the same profile. Are there any chances of Provincial nomination ?

Plus I need your help in points formation. as how come you reach at so many points?

Pleasure is all mine, feel free to ask anything.

for PNP, if your CRS score is 400+ than Ontario may send you PNP Interest letter to invite for PNP.

You have to check province like Nova Scotia if they are accepting applications,

otherwise go to respective province's website and check their PNP requirements. Alberta and BC require job as per my knowledge and NB has their own criteria mentioned on their website.

For point composition, if you select 2 degrees option in express entry profile and you have CLB-9 or more than you get addition points till 50. and if you select 1 degree option and you have CLB-9, you get extra points till 25. Therefore in short you have to have good IELTS score. CLB 9 (L:8, S/W/R: 7 atleast). Good luck

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Welcome!

Why didn't you send the BSc Hons documents along with ACCA to WES? I had sent my ACCA and Bsc Hons together and got the evaluation ' Two 4 years Bachelor" hence I choose Two or more degrees..By the blessings of Allah so far I didn't face any issue.

Go for it man!

Xoolfi said: