+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA is equivalent to Masters and can we claim 25 points

sikanderkhan

Star Member
Nov 29, 2009
nice to see ACCA thread here.
guys any idea how much points will i get as i have done B.com and i have Bsc degree(oxford brooks) as well.
I am ACCA finalist by the way.

Reactions: scylla

ambwani

May 3, 2010
Dear shibleebd,

Yes you are right. I have sent all the documents along with a Masters Equivalent letter issued by the ACCA. As far as course completion certificates are concerned, I have sent them ACCA part 1, 2 and Affiliated certificates, Letter of good standing and member cerificate. I have senet all documents to the London office , I donot know, Will i make difference ?

Regards

Ambwani

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my heart says that 'it should make a difference'

but my head is saying that 'it won't' as ACCA part 1, 2 and Affiliated certificates, Letter of good standing and member cerificate---all these are proof that u are a qualified accountant but it doesn't prove that u have studied full time from a certain period to certain period.

i wish my heart is correct.

best of luck..........

ambwani said:
Dear shibleebd,

Yes you are right. I have sent all the documents along with a Masters Equivalent letter issued by the ACCA. As far as course completion certificates are concerned, I have sent them ACCA part 1, 2 and Affiliated certificates, Letter of good standing and member cerificate. I have senet all documents to the London office , I donot know, Will i make difference ?

Regards

Ambwani

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

shibleebd said:
my heart says that 'it should make a difference'

but my head is saying that 'it won't' as ACCA part 1, 2 and Affiliated certificates, Letter of good standing and member cerificate---all these are proof that u are a qualified accountant but it doesn't prove that u have studied full time from a certain period to certain period.

i wish my heart is correct.

best of luck..........
I think your correct, ACCA can call it equivalent to PHD if they want, CIC/CHC is just saying it is a professional qualification, the same as CPA, CGA, or MCCE. It is the education that is counted not what ACCA wants.

sikanderkhan

Star Member
Nov 29, 2009
sikanderkhan said:
nice to see ACCA thread here.
guys any idea how much points will i get as i have done B.com and i have Bsc degree(oxford brooks) as well.
I am ACCA finalist by the way.
guys any idea????

RMALI

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
June 2009
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Request
June 8, 2012
Med's Done....
July 5, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on Sept 7, 2012 and PPR-2 on Oct 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issue date was Oct 15, 12 and Passport received back on Nov. 07, 2012
LANDED..........
Planning for Nov 12 end or Dec 12 first week
Dear Mr. Rizwan,

I am also CMA from ICMAP and am struggling in getting your mentioned points from London CIC. My e-mail is rahimmaliv@yahoo.com and I would appreciate if you forward me your contact details. It is urgent.

Rahim

M.R.S said:
I did my CMA from Pakistan and was awarded 25 points for 17 years education by the immigration officer.

CMA is 3 years full time equivalent professional qualification. My institute provided a letter of good standing mentioning the duration of studies and affiliation with foreign accounting bodies which i submitted along with other documents.

The break up of 17 years education is 12 years of high school (SSC & HSC) + 2 years of Graduation (B.Com) + 3 years of CMA (ICMAP).

If ACCA is also 3 years full time equivalent studies and you have done graduation (i.e. 15 years of education) then i believe you will get 25 points.

Just want to add one more thing most of the consultants advised me that i will only get 22 points but i supported my case with proper documentation and was awarded 25 points.

Hope this will help

M.Rizwan

najeebcolio

Jul 12, 2012
dear sir
i am a part qualifed acca last two papers left and i have done my masters from lsbf,i wanted to ask you what have u done to value ur credentials of acca since i am using wordl education services for valuing my education credentials for my fsw application,it took me more than 8 years to complete as i was in financial crisis lloll
please brother do get back me if if u read this
my emali:
najeebcolio21@hotmail.com

FavourMercy

Star Member
May 30, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
najeebcolio said:
dear sir
i am a part qualifed acca last two papers left and i have done my masters from lsbf,i wanted to ask you what have u done to value ur credentials of acca since i am using wordl education services for valuing my education credentials for my fsw application,it took me more than 8 years to complete as i was in financial crisis lloll
please brother do get back me if if u read this
my emali:
najeebcolio21 @ hotmail.com
Of course, you should get points on masteres since you said you graduated from lsbf with a masters degree. But for being an ACCA Member, WES equivalent degree of ACCA is a 3 years Bachelors degree. I got a report like that from them

najeebcolio

Jul 12, 2012
lahorimunda said:
You can claim 20 points and not 25. Because it does not matter how much time you spend in one degree. Unless you have two or more degrees which should be either a master or a phd and then completed 17 years of education cummulatively then you get 25 points.
can u please get back if ur still replying to threads?

Dip4u

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
online / New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
Med's Request
04/12/2013
Med's Done....
23-12-2013
hi, guys
I am ACCA finalist( completed 13/14 papers)studied from london uk & haven't cleared B.Sc fromOBU yet.

now I came back to india- my native place as my student visa expires.
I applied online from india for TWP+LMO (with spouse dependent) in march 13 & got approval e-mail - telephonic intetview in may.. now, due to strike my medical is delaying.... so witing for MR.

Now my question is - If I gets TWP by the ens of this year & go to canada then what r the scopes for future? eg. PR/ SKILL categories

I also like to clear ACCA from canada (LSBF is in toronto so I can clear my last paper in 2014)

thanks in advance..

Olando

Aug 24, 2012
There is no such thing as "equivalent to an MSc". An MSc is an MSc. I once new a person who said that he had studied "the knowledge" (which is a preliminary requirement to become a London Black Cab driver) and he said that "the knowledge" is equivalent to a degree LOL.

An MSc is not determined by the length or depth of any subject, but by an accepted academic rigour that follows established principles.

BSc (Hons), MSc

Finance007

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
Dear WES gives to ACCA+Bsc Hons=4 Years Edu, then what if I get CGA membership as well? is it adding any points?

zeeshansial

May 4, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Dear all,

Please help me for my education assessment. I have 2 years of bsc and 2 years of mba finance? How much marks i can get?