NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 08
AOR Received.
March 08
Hello All,

Urgent Help!

I am a newbie in this forum.

It is going to be four weeks now. I have submitted my passport for PR visa stamping on 01/05/17. No updates since then. I have submitted thru VFS, Oman and it is still showing as in process at Canadian Embassy, Abu dhabi.

I am really worried. Is it normal that they take so much time to process? Any expert pls advise.

Thanks

Hi did you receive your passport - you know how everything slows down during Ramadan in this part of the world ? What date was your AOR?

kuber101

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hello, I have just uploaded my EE profile and waiting for the next draw @ 428 CRS.
My residence is in Dubai and all my work experience is from Dubai, I will be going to Toronto next month on a visitor visa, hopefully after AOR. I intend to stay there during the entire process of my application and will apply for extension of my visa if need be.

My query is that though being a UAE resident, can I continue my application being in Canada. If I am called for interview, will I have to come back to Abu Dhabi or can it be done in Canada itself.

Thank you

preciouscaitlin

Aug 7, 2013
oman
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Passport Req..
14/04/2017
Hello,

I have submitted my passport at embassy of canada, abu dhabi on 01/05/2017. No news since then, What is the average processing time for PR visa stamping. Some have received back in two weeks and some in three weeks.
hello abdrahil i submitted our passport april 19 ,medical repeated for my husband and submitted may 18. up to now no news. so stressed my working visa in oman is expired 1 week already. emaild the inquiry but no reply.

Dreb

Feb 20, 2016
Hello All,

Urgent Help!

I am a newbie in this forum.

It is going to be four weeks now. I have submitted my passport for PR visa stamping on 01/05/17. No updates since then. I have submitted thru VFS, Oman and it is still showing as in process at Canadian Embassy, Abu dhabi.

I am really worried. Is it normal that they take so much time to process? Any expert pls advise.

Thanks
hello!any news about your passport?
coz same like what happen for me, i submitted my passport VFS muscat Oman, May 11 until now i didn't get my passport.i afraid that the tracking systeme is not updated like what happen last dec for me i applied for trv one week they returned my passport but showing in system that my passport is processing in abu dhabi.
when i gave my passport May 11,they told me that it yakes 2-3wks but until now no call or sms email from vfs:(

Pratikkumar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
04-0502017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
10-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Passport Req..
30-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-12-2017
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
coz same like what happen for me, i submitted my passport VFS muscat Oman, May 11 until now i didn't get my passport.i afraid that the tracking systeme is not updated like what happen last dec for me i applied for trv one week they returned my passport but showing in system that my passport is processing in abu dhabi.
when i gave my passport May 11,they told me that it yakes 2-3wks but until now no call or sms email from vfs:(
Hi Dreb,

Can you share your stream and timeline please? I am also from resident of Oman - PNPO - AOR 4-May and no further update.

alimzlm

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Hi Derb,
have you noticed any update in mycic?
I submitted my passport on 21-May in Doha and today I got update in mycic that my application is approved.
my advise is to send them a specific case enquiry
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.5075443.1796064357.1449555034

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Ok everyone, i am in need of your help once again. I finally received a reply for my CSE-ADVO and it was as follows;-

Dear Applicant,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry.

Please contact the office where you applied for any case specific enquiries. Our files do not show an active application at the Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi.

Please also consult the following website for processing timeframes and status updates: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.aspand http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section / RA

All this time i was under the impression that since i applied from Kuwait, my application was with ADVO. So now, i want to know which Visa office has my application. How do i go about doing that ?

sappy486

Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
09-Mar-2017
Have anyone used aramex or any other courier service instead of vfs for sending passports to ADVO with a return airway bill? Could someone share the experience please. I am settled in Alain so sending my ppt through a courier company will be convenient.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Ok everyone, i am in need of your help once again. I finally received a reply for my CSE-ADVO and it was as follows;-

Dear Applicant,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry.

Please contact the office where you applied for any case specific enquiries. Our files do not show an active application at the Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi.

Please also consult the following website for processing timeframes and status updates: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.aspand http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section / RA

All this time i was under the impression that since i applied from Kuwait, my application was with ADVO. So now, i want to know which Visa office has my application. How do i go about doing that ?
  • Call IRCC call centre and ask about your visa office. You can use Global Affairs Canada's number to reach IRCC from outside Canada.
    1-613-944-4000, or
  • Use IRCC's web form and send an inquiry requesting information about your visa office.

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Dear Hopefuldreamer,

Please write an email and in the subject line write your Application Number and write - APPLICATION NUMBER XXXXX"VISA OFFICE QUERY"

The address you should write the email to is CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Please wait - they will reply within 24 hours and you will know which Visa Office is handling your case. If you applied from Kuwait and its not Abu Dhabi then it may be London Visa Office or the centre closest to your Home Country.

Hope this helps!

Shaif_05

Nov 20, 2015
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
United Arab Emirates
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2017
LANDED..........
01-08-2017
Received PPR at last on June 16th! :D

1) What is the most preferred method to send passports? VFS or Aramex?
2) How do carry the POF amount while landing?

Last edited:

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
2- either take the money in cash with you, or print a fresh bank statement before flying to canada showing the funds in your account.

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
  • Call IRCC call centre and ask about your visa office. You can use Global Affairs Canada's number to reach IRCC from outside Canada.
    1-613-944-4000, or
  • Use IRCC's web form and send an inquiry requesting information about your visa office.
Hi Q,
I did tried calling them but I get an automated response saying "Due to the high volume of calls we are unable to connect you to an agent". So I decided to email them at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca. and this is the reply I got :-

Dear Sir,

Please be advised that your application is at our office and is being processed as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within six (6) months as this could delay your application.

Please consult our Website for information regarding our processing times:.....

Then goes on to give me links of the CIC website.
So apparently my application is in Ottawa. I don't know if it's a good thing or not but it doesn't change anything on my part. It is, however, nice knowing where exactly my application is.

@pakimom Someone had already told me about that email but Thank you. Much appreciated.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Hi All,

Maybe slightly off-topic but hoping people in UAE can help.
Do UAE banks provide the proof of funds letters in the required formats? If not, what did you show that was accepted for funds in UAE?

Thanks