+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi PRTD processing time

amr95

Jul 31, 2012
Hello

I was wondering if anyone on this forum has any idea on how long it normally takes for PRTD applications to be processed at the Abu Dhabi Visa Office based on previous experience ?

Thank you

ibmu

Jul 9, 2015
I am wondering about the same thing. Did you apply for a PRTD? How long did it take you?

mohibelani

Feb 26, 2016
Hi Guys,

I had recently applied for my PRTD from AUH. I applied on December 6th 2015 and got my passport back with the PRTD stamped by January 14th 2016.

Mine took that long with the holidays that came with, however i would give it a month to 6 weeks max.

Hope this is useful.

ibmu

Jul 9, 2015
My wife applied for a PRTD, at first we were told it takes 15 working days, but when we actually applied a few weeks later they said it would take 60 days. We applied in late July.

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
My PRTD from Abu Dhabi office took 46 days while I was banging my head against the wall after the first week. When I called the VFS office before I leave Canada they told me it will take 14 business days but when I was physically in their office to submit my application they told me it will take up to a month.

Time line:
Application submitted: April 21
PRTD issued: June 2
Passport received: June 5

Documents I submitted :

- Filled application IMM 5524
- Original passport ( They told me that I can submit a copy of all pages of my passport but I didn't want more delays, so I gave them my passport)
- Employment letter from my work in Canada. indicating that I was a full time employee since Dec. 2013
- My latest pay slip
- 5 years of Notice of Assessment
- My ticket which showed that I need to be back to Canada on May 5 ( which they totally ignored)
- 6 months of credit card statement and checking account statement
- Cover letter explaining that my PR has not been renewed after 10 months and how crucial it is for me to return to my work at the end of my leave on May 6 to keep my employment. (which they totally ignored)

from my experience plan ahead to wait 1.5-2 months for your PRTD even if all your papers are in order.

Good luck

karakou

Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
Hello

for those who got PRTD, how did it take and what is its validity ?

Thanks

UMAMA

Mar 19, 2017
Never apply for PRTD in Abu Dhabi. I applied in April 2016 and got rejected PRTD reply in June 2016 by VFS. I used to visit VFS everyday morning and evening daily for 2 months. At the last, I went to Embassy office, luckily I managed to speak to officer and after 1 week got the reply. If your case is not eligible for PRTD do not apply in ABu DHabi.
VFS takes money and does not give any direction or timeline and your passport is left with them.
I am still repenting and facing the problem of rejected PRTD applied in ABu Dhabi VFS.
I strongly recommend you to withdraw PRTD application in Abu Dhabi office.

Sep 19, 2017
Hi Guys,

I had recently applied for my PRTD from AUH. I applied on December 6th 2015 and got my passport back with the PRTD stamped by January 14th 2016.

Mine took that long with the holidays that came with, however i would give it a month to 6 weeks max.

Hope this is useful.
Is it was a straightforward PRTD application, i.e. you met your PR obligations or on HC case

Paggous

Jun 19, 2022
Hi, we applied for Prtd in November 2021 and till now we didn’t get any reply. Is someone facing the same delay?