+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About a decision on a case...

jk06

Jan 6, 2013
Hi friends,
Will some one tell me what does it mean ' Decision made' on ecas without medical check. Does it means the game is over, the file is rejected. I have not received any letter or doc yet, but this is what I see on my ecas. They say there that they will soon contact.

Any idea and guesses.....???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - DM without MR usually means rejection.

Badal789

Nov 29, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2006
IELTS Request
30-11-2009
jk06 said:
Hi friends,
Will some one tell me what does it mean ' Decision made' on ecas without medical check. Does it means the game is over, the file is rejected. I have not received any letter or doc yet, but this is what I see on my ecas. They say there that they will soon contact.

When did you apply and did you get CAIPS note after March 2012?

Badal789

Nov 29, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2006
IELTS Request
30-11-2009
jk06 said:
Hi friends,

Please see the below :
Kanamen said:
God Forbid ,If you get a letter in the mail from Canada Immigration advising you that your application for Canadian immigration was refused, do not panic! You have options.

You may be eligible to Appeal your Canadian Immigration Application Refusal to the Federal Court of Canada within a certain period after you were notified of the refusal by Canada Immigration.
You may be eligible to Appeal your Canadian Immigration Application Refusal to the Immigration Adjudication Division (IAD) within a certain period of after your application was refused by Canada Immigration.
You may be able to make a request for Restoration to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) after being notified if the refusal.

Which option is right for you:

It depends on a number of factors such as the nature of the case. Is it a Skilled Worker Application, Canadian Sponsorship Application or Canadian Work Visa refusal?

And it also depends on where the Canadian immigration application was filed and processed. Was your Canadian immigration application filed within Canada or at a Canadian Consulate or Embassy outside of Canada?
Why did my Canadian Immigration Application get Refused?

Generally refusals for Canadian immigration applications do not just happen. When applications for Canadian immigration are submitted to Canada immigration, an immigration officer is responsible for reviewing the application and making an assessment about whether the application should be approved or denied. The immigration officer has guidelines for making decisions on immigration cases. These guidelines are found in the Immigration Regulations as well as Immigration Manuals.

When applications do not meet the various standards and criteria set out in the Immigration Regulations and Manuals, then the likely result is a refusal. However, in many cases, Canadian immigration officers make mistakes in their decisions. They often are too strict in their interpretation of the guidelines or they simply fail to review all the documentation and information in an application. Sometimes applicants are called for a personal interview and the immigration officer does not believe the applicant is credible or trustworthy.

Whatever the reason for the refusal, it is important to act very quickly once you are notified that your case was denied. You should then seek out a qualified and experienced Canadian immigration lawyer who is licensed. If your case has merit, then an Immigration Appeal should be considere
sourcehttp://www.visaplace.com/canada-immigration/immigration-refusal.php

Canadian Immigration Application Refusal

It can be devastating to learn that your application to reside in Canada has been refused.

Fortunately, you may have recourse. A Canada immigration officer's decision to refuse an application may be challenged if that decision was wrong in fact or in law, or if that decision is not in accordance with the principles of procedural fairness.

Family Class sponsors have an additional recourse. They can ask that a refusal be reversed by raising humanitarian and compassionate considerations.

You may retain our law firm to provide you with a detailed analysis of the refusal decision. We will also advise you as to which remedies may be available to reverse the refusal decision.

If warranted in your particular situation, we can do the following:

Reconsideration letters– If the refusal was based on an error in fact or in law, and/or if that decision was not in accordance with the principles of procedural fairness, write to the Program Manager of the Canadian Visa Office to point out the errors and to request a reconsideration of the refusal decision;

Appeal – Wrongful refusals may, in certain instances, be appealed to the Federal Court of Canada or to the appropriate provincial court or, in the case of family sponsorships, to the Immigration Appeal Division.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-application-refusal.html

APPEAL OPTIONS (CANADIAN IMMIGRATION)

The formal place that immigration appeals are made is the Federal Court of Canada. Most people choose to be represented by a lawyer at Federal Court.

The Federal Court is a court that has judges who are lawyers. Federal Court is strict, formal and has more complicated procedures. Federal Court involves a two step process. The first step is to file an appeal to get leave which is done by arguing your case by filing documents with no actual appearance at the Federal Court. In order to get leave to appeal you must prove there was a serious mistake made by the visa officer at the interview. If you succeed and get leave, you get the permission of the Federal court to go to step two which is the actual appearance at Federal Court in person to argue the case.

A typical case would be a skilled worker or business (investor, entrepreneur, self-employed) immigration applicant who goes to the interview at the Canadian Consulate or Embassy overseas, meets with a visa officer and fails the interview. The visa officer will issue a rejection letter setting out the reasons for the rejection. The applicant has a limited number of days (60) to respond and file a notice to commence a court action to appeal the case. If you miss the deadline generally you are not able to file an appeal. There are certain special circumstances and legal arguments that can be made that will allow you to continue even if you miss the deadline.

The general procedure for a Federal Court appeal is after the applicant files the Notice to start the action, the Respondent who is Citizenship and Immigration Canada (“CIC”) files an appearance confirming they will oppose the appeal. The applicant receives a copy of the visa officer's files containing documents filed and most importantly a copy of the interview notes made by the visa officer that have been inputted into the government computer. After a review of this material the applicant will file an applicant's court record containing the written argument, photocopies of legal cases and law supporting the argument and the applicant's affidavit that is a written document telling the applicant's story.

The respondent CIC is represented by the Department of Justice (“DOJ”) and they file their argument. The applicant has a chance to respond to the points made by the respondent in the respondent's argument.

If leave is granted the Applicant gets to go to Federal Court to actually argue the case in person. This usually takes approximately 12-18 months from the date of commencing to appeal to get to Federal Court to argue the case in person. If no leave is granted the appeal is ended.

If you fail at Federal Court, you can also appeal to Federal Court of Appeal. If you fail at Federal Court of Appeal, you can also appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada. For both Federal Court of Appeal and Supreme Court of Canada you first must get leave to appeal.

jk06

Jan 6, 2013
Thanks Badal for the good advice.
I did apply in December 2004 and the process began on Jan 2005 on. But I did not receive any CAIPS after March 2012. Now that is the message I see on my ecas. I am now waiting for the letter or email message from them. So far nothing.

Meawhile if they have stopped processing our old files why have they send this message to me or anyone else in the category. Is it the CIC's trick to throw away these old applicants and get rid of them as soon as possible.

If you have some idea about it, can you throw some light on it. Again thank you very much for your kind advice and cooperation.

Jay