+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

50 points -- job offer surported by LMIA

Alex0924

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Anyone who can concern and give me suggestion in my situation? Now I just received the ITA with offer supported by LMIA which will expire in August. Currently I am working with closed wp which will expire in March 2019. My issue is my current employer is considering closing his business in August because of economic concern , if he deceive to do that, can I still claim the 50 points for the offer supported by lmia when I submit the application before his business is closed. I will appreciate any suggestion or similar experience shared here. Thx

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
The company should give you a job offer which shows that they will give you a position at least for one year, after your PR would issued. Do you think they can do that for you?
When do you plan to submit your application?

vmsanthosh

Nov 30, 2016
Hello Experts,

I am on a closed work permit on intra company transfer. How do I know if my work permit is LMIA supported or not? I see an ESDC # in my work permit. Is that the LMIA approval number? If so, how can I get the expiry date? Can someone please help?

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Your employer has to give you one page of the LMIA to apply for a work permit. If it did not happen, and you have work permit, it means you do not have LMIA.
Hello Experts,

I am on a closed work permit on intra company transfer. How do I know if my work permit is LMIA supported or not? I see an ESDC # in my work permit. Is that the LMIA approval number? If so, how can I get the expiry date? Can someone please help?

vmsanthosh

Nov 30, 2016
Your employer has to give you one page of the LMIA to apply for a work permit. If it did not happen, and you have work permit, it means you do not have LMIA.
Thank you Sandra. My employer did not give any such paper and usually they don't. They have a separate internal immigration team who will take care of all paper works. I am trying to create EE profile on my own, in which I have to mention if my current WP is LMIA supported or not. Will there be any reference numbers or sort of any codes mentioned in the WP that can give us a hint?

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
ICT does not require LMIA. Check the CIC website, there is some explanation who does not need LMIA. Do you want to claim 50 points? You may claim that if you have been working for one year to the company on your work permit and have a job offer according to the requirements.