+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 year PG Diploma course = 3 year work permit?

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
U could try to go to a college with a program in Public relations management or an accounting program for yr visa to be approved and that may show that u are pursing something that is more specialized and not so general as similar to yr MBA program which u have done.

manpreet911

Feb 18, 2011
i have done mba in international business...can i go for strategc marketing management corse of 1 year in george brown college.can i extend my work permit of 1 year if i again gets admitted to another 1 year crtificate program

manpreet911

Feb 18, 2011
i have selected a certificate program in international business in sneca college.it is off 8 months.for hw many years i will get the work permit then
plz replz.i need help

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
of course u can, and a Diploma program is for sure, more credible than a certificate to land yrself a job here.

chinu22

Jun 12, 2011
while studying is it possible to work part time??
and are ther part time jobs available in sarnia or london area??
plzz replyy it urgent

Jabir S M

Star Member
May 3, 2011
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chinu22 said:
while studying is it possible to work part time??
and are ther part time jobs available in sarnia or london area??
plzz replyy it urgent
Firstly, If u get admission in the community college/Uni then u can work part time on campus without any work permit card and, if u are not able/ cannt find to work on-campus then according to immigration rules u have to study for atleast 6 months in that college then u can apply for work permit card to work off-campus for 20 hours.

Secondly, jobs are available in that specified areas but references should be there in the concerned departments or stores.

It would help you.

Tikku

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2010
Doc's Request.
13-06-2010
Nomination.....
Full Docs sent 10-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
In case a person has completed one year diploma and want to enroll in another one year diploma, can it be done while studying in Canada or he has to come to homeland and file for visa for second diploma?

In case he can enroll in next program while in Canada, Will he need to show the funds again?

2) At the time of issue of PGWP, is the last study/program considered to calculate the period of PGWP?
e.g. In above case, will he get PGWP on the basis of one year program(Last Program he studied) or Two years(Considering the duration of both the diplomas together) and will be issued a three year PGWP.

Jabir S M

Star Member
May 3, 2011
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tikku said:
In case a person has completed one year diploma and want to enroll in another one year diploma, can it be done while studying in Canada or he has to come to homeland and file for visa for second diploma?

In case he can enroll in next program while in Canada, Will he need to show the funds again?

2) At the time of issue of PGWP, is the last study/program considered to calculate the period of PGWP?
e.g. In above case, will he get PGWP on the basis of one year program(Last Program he studied) or Two years(Considering the duration of both the diplomas together) and will be issued a three year PGWP.
1. There is no restrictions on foreign students to continue/change the programme, whilst you are in canada.

2. PGWP is always granted after the completion of first dip/cert/degree.

3. For the financial issues and funds, if you apply inside the canada then different rules apply

Tikku

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2010
Doc's Request.
13-06-2010
Nomination.....
Full Docs sent 10-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Thanks Jabir, so the person will be entitled for 3 PGWP, after completion of two one year each diplomas?

AP1510

Jun 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29June,2011
IELTS Request
6.5 bands
Med's Done....
20June,2011 (Pre-Medical)
Interview........
20July,2011
VISA ISSUED...
20July,2011
LANDED..........
22Aug,2011
manpreet911 said:
then my mba with get wasted!!i will not be able to shw it then ever n future in canada..
hi manpreet,
u can even go for phd degree if u want.
or if ur eligible for direct PR then try that instead of goin on study visa.
get pr n then take admission anywher u want, ur fees also will b counted as a domestic students fees & its 1/3rd of international student fees.
or else try for other masters degree or phd.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
AP1510 said:
hi manpreet,
u can even go for phd degree if u want.
or if ur eligible for direct PR then try that instead of goin on study visa.
get pr n then take admission anywher u want, ur fees also will b counted as a domestic students fees & its 1/3rd of international student fees.
or else try for other masters degree or phd.
Manpreet, yr MBA is indeed a waste in Canada but u can use it in such a way that it will not go waste, use it to apply for programs that are useful for yr future career or a new career. Many who come to Canada change careers and do not expect to do what u used to do in India or Pakistan or any where in the developing country and do here unless u have the proper Canadian experience here and also the proper Canadian qualifications. Use it and take advantage of yr "MBA" and change a career to further yr chance to get PR here or use it to apply for PR if u qualify for any of the new 29 or 26 federal skilled workers list of workers needed in Canada. If u do not meet the FSW list then come here to study for a Diploma or a masters in a more demanded profession. Business degrees are not that great a value here cause there are already plenty of locals and immigrants here with business degrees. AS such yr MBA is quite useless here since its non a Canadian MBA nor is it a US top Uni one. So stride carefully before u even think about what masters to take in the future.

silent83

Oct 23, 2011
Can anyone tell me that Is it possible for me if i apply for Diploma in accounting after my MBA finance ... ????

ashmitpatel

Oct 16, 2011
I have the same problem. I have MBA in marketing and HR from Indian University. I was looking for post graduate diploma in Humber college. but i am hearing there are various candidates with visa rejection.

what do you think if I apply for Masters in admistrative science from fairleigh dickinson university in vancover. what are the chances of Visa. Please suggest.