+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1yr study +1yr PGWP = PR success story

subash83

Jul 14, 2017
Hi ,
Would love to hear feedbacks on anyone who has successfully applied and received their PR with this route. Your replies are greatly appreciated . Thanks a bunch!

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Hi ,
Would love to hear feedbacks on anyone who has successfully applied and received their PR with this route. Your replies are greatly appreciated . Thanks a bunch!
No matter which router you take, the only deciding factor is how many points you score on the CRS grid.

subash83

Jul 14, 2017
No matter which router you take, the only deciding factor is how many points you score on the CRS grid.
Thank you for taking your time to reply. Noted with thanks ,I am also concerned whether I would run out of time in the application process, considering I would only have 1year PGWP.

anveshkeesara

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Hello All,

Even I'm in same route.
Could any body confirm if a candidate have already experience and visiting canada for study and then PGWP for 1 year,,
What programs he can refer to for getting a PR.

Thanks

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Thank you for taking your time to reply. Noted with thanks ,I am also concerned whether I would run out of time in the application process, considering I would only have 1year PGWP.
Well, does not make a difference to your score, isn't it. You may have to leave Canada while the application is processed, but you will still have points for your Canadian education and work ex.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Hello All,

Even I'm in same route.
Could any body confirm if a candidate have already experience and visiting canada for study and then PGWP for 1 year,,
What programs he can refer to for getting a PR.

Thanks
There are 2 major routes for skilled immigration. One is express entry and another is provincial nominations. Sometimes these 2 routes are entwined as some provinces have their nomination process aligned to Express Entry while some haven't. No matter which route you take, your chances are totally based on how much you can score on the CRS grid that is designed for express entry. Also PGWP for 1 year is only useful if you get a job from day 1. If you have to search for job and lets say lose 2 months of PGWP doing that, your work ex by the time PGWP runs out will only be 10 months. And you don't get any points for 10 months. It has be 1 year at least. So look at study programs which will make you eligible for at least 2 year of PGWP.

anveshkeesara

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
There are 2 major routes for skilled immigration. One is express entry and another is provincial nominations. Sometimes these 2 routes are entwined as some provinces have their nomination process aligned to Express Entry while some haven't. No matter which route you take, your chances are totally based on how much you can score on the CRS grid that is designed for express entry. Also PGWP for 1 year is only useful if you get a job from day 1. If you have to search for job and lets say lose 2 months of PGWP doing that, your work ex by the time PGWP runs out will only be 10 months. And you don't get any points for 10 months. It has be 1 year at least. So look at study programs which will make you eligible for at least 2 year of PGWP.
Hi Alok,

I have few doubts in your comments.

1. I understood , for eg: Any person can apply from any country for PR through express entry and CRS points are mandate to get ITA as per the draw in the relevant period. Every body aware of this.

2. Even if any person visits canada on student visa and then he completes his PGWP with job & then he will apply for a PR.
Now- Even being in canada we will apply for a PR throgh Express entry?
if so -- The draw which is held regularly is same??? for both persons -- A person who stays outside of canada and apply for a PR and a person who stays in canada with student visa and apply for PR ??

if so --- In my case -- I have skilled work experience outside canada.
Now when i enter canada for studies and complete one year PG ,
If i have sufficient points for CRS,, Can i apply for PR throught express entry without work experience in canada ??

sorry for posing too many questions

Will be awaiting for your rep

thanks

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Hi Alok,

I have few doubts in your comments.

1. I understood , for eg: Any person can apply from any country for PR through express entry and CRS points are mandate to get ITA as per the draw in the relevant period. Every body aware of this.

2. Even if any person visits canada on student visa and then he completes his PGWP with job & then he will apply for a PR.
Now- Even being in canada we will apply for a PR throgh Express entry?
if so -- The draw which is held regularly is same??? for both persons -- A person who stays outside of canada and apply for a PR and a person who stays in canada with student visa and apply for PR ??

if so --- In my case -- I have skilled work experience outside canada.
Now when i enter canada for studies and complete one year PG ,
If i have sufficient points for CRS,, Can i apply for PR throught express entry without work experience in canada ??

sorry for posing too many questions

Will be awaiting for your rep

thanks
Yes. Everyone applies through Express Entry. It's just that if you have worked in Canada for at least one year, then you get some bonus points for that. For example, with everything else like age, IELTS score, education level etc being the same, a person having done studies in Canada and worked 1 year out of total 4 yrs experience will score more on CRS than a person who has all 4 years exp outside Canada. In your case, you will claim points for your overall experience, plus some bonus points for Canadian experience. But this is where it gets a bit tricky. Let's say the course you take gives you only 1 year of PGWP, and you end up spending your first month searching for a job. Then you don't get any bonus point, because duration of PGWP does not count. It's the actual work exp which counts. In this scenario, you will have only 11 months of Canadian experience, which will become useless as far as bonus points are concerned. That is why for all practical purpose, only do a course which can guarantee at least 2 years of PGWP. Once again, studying in Canada does not provide you any short cuts. Everyone has to come through either express entry or a number of different provincial nomination programs. However, Canadian work exp can give you an advantage with some bonus points.

kwanuing

Nov 14, 2015
Just go on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp to see how many points you have before and after your study in Canada. It gives you a better understanding of the chance of getting the PR. In addition to that, you can go on https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/rounds-invitations.html to see the cut-off points for an invitation.

The point calculator allows you to change your qualifications so you can explore different options such as studying in Canada for more years/ getting a degree back in your country/ getting a certificate

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Technically there are instancies where even shorter work experience will help:
1. Some PNP do accept work experience starting from 6 monts onwards (Manitoba)
2. Depending how your employer likes you, he can still try to get LMIA for you.
3. you might you combination of a couple where one gets student visa and the other gets OWP during his studies and PGW so that way whoever has more points can go for main applicant.