Hi Lilac - we are applying as common law and the applicant is non US-cit/res on work visa. May we ask what type of support have you submitted as proof for common-law relationship? We are just hoping that an interview could be waived too! Best of luck with your app!
Hi Fanatics, these are what we included:
- proof of visits to each other/travels together on 6 occasions, such as flight and accomodation statements, also email between us related to these travels
- joint bank account details
- my partner's extended medical plan with my name as common law partner
- joint cell phone account statements
- statutory declaration of common law union, notarized (just used IMM5409)
- 2 statutory declarations from firends (we drafted letters for them and they took it to notary public/lawyer. The emphasis of the letter is about how and how long they've known us, especially as an ongoing co-habiting couple for longer than the previous 12 months!)
- another letter from a church minister we know quite well, similar content as above - couldn't dare asking him to go to notary public to give oath, but thought it maynot harm including it even unnotarized.
- about 25 photoes of us together, explaining when, with whoelse, who took them, etc
- copies of emails exchanged during the period before we started living together - now, we had pages after pages of them and we probably could have sent the selected ones, but in the end sent most of them anyway, just avoidng the really embarrasing ones. I also included a print screen of my email inbox and hoped IO wouldn't really bother reading the actual mails.
- cards and letters from friends and families addressed to us
That's about it; we didn't have joint house or utility bills which would have been useful too.
I also wrote a few pages of history of our relationship, how we met, hor our relationship developed and decided to live together by myself moving to Canada, and also how the relationship has strengthened after we started living together too, including mentioning here and there of meeting each others' family and expanding our social circle as couple.
Hope this may be of some help. Good luck!