Have a look, the reasons for delay in processing PR Application
Applications for permanent residence from spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children have the highest priority.
While every effort should be made to process high-priority cases expeditiously, it is recognized that there are circumstances where priority processing may legitimately be affected. While not exhaustive, the list below provides some examples of non-routine cases that may not be processed according to the six-month service standard..
Examples of non-routine cases:
1) Medical, security or criminal issues;
2) Suspected relationship or dissolution of convenience;
3) Misrepresentation of marital status at time of marriage;
4) Previous deportation;
5) Inability to support self and family members due to legal obligations or other reasons;
6) Relationship of applicant to sponsor or applicant to other family members in doubt;
7) Marital status of family member suspect;
Sponsor under investigation for violation of IRPA;
For info of everyone in this forum.............