This is what i had to do. I applied in Chicago:
1. Miscellaneous Services form, duly filled in and signed (no column be left blank).
2. Notarised copy of passport (first three & last two pages) – DO NOT SEND PASSPORT AT THIS STAGE.
3. Proof of residence i.e. copy of utility bill or Dr Licence or Lease Deed etc
4. Referal Fee: $ 20/- (for seeking clearance from Passport Issuing Authority) – only in cases where passport has been issued from a place other than Chicago. This fee is not charged if the Passport has been issued from Chicago more than 5 years ago. However if the passport issued from Chicago is less than 5 years old, the referral fee is required.
5. Mailing Fee: Express Mail: $ 20/-; Priority mail: $10/- OR adequately stamped self addressed envelope for return of documents. No tracking numbers are furnished for Priority Mail and SASE
Misc Services form duly filled in and signed, clearly indicating the reason of seeking PCC i.e. for immigration to...... etc etc.
Passport in original – for making an observation of having issued PCC.
Fee : $ 20/- for making observation at 2 above.
Mailing Fee: Express Mail: $ 20/- (plus $ 2/- for each addl ppt); Priority mail: $10/- (plus $2/- for each addl ppt)
Processing time: Stage 1: 50 days from the date of receipt of application in the Consulate Stage 2: In person: same day
By mail: 2 to 3 weeks from the date of receipt of Passport in the Consulate
NOTE: While mailing application for first stage, envelope containing application should be clearly marked in bold letters: “Application for PCC”. It will help if e-mail address is indicated on the Misc Services form so as to establish contact, if required. As soon as clearance is received, applicant is intimated for commencing the second stage. PCC is issued within 10 w/days from the date of receipt of Passport in the Consulate. Envelope containing documents for the 2nd stage should be clearly marked in bold letters : “FOR PCC” No queries entertained before the expiration of processing period indicated above.
Thanks to everyone sharing the info and this is really helpful understand the process..
After reading the few previous posts about Police Certificate/FBI and already 30 days completed after sending the AINP application (they mentioned 40-60 days for processing period), decided to post this query here to get more help on this.
1) Did anyone get Police certificate from India (home country).. If yes what is best method or process to follow?? I found in this forum as two methoed a) go there in person and get it (this requires travel and time consumption) b) is it possible to get it from Indian Embassy or consulate here??
2) Since living here on h1 for the 3 years, do i need to get Police Certificate in US also ?? or is the same one as FBI.
3) Little confused.. FBI is the separate process do we need to send irrespective of Police certificate from home country and present living country.
4) Actually after reading few pots in this forum, realized that made a mistake of mentioned the proff of funds as just $5,000
for a family (myself, wife and kid) in form which is sent along with AINP application. Is that that will give any negative impression to get Nomination certificate or i can able to correct it when i send CIC form..??
Please share your thoughts.