Guys/Gals, I need your second opinion concerning our situation... Please bear with my post as this is quite long.
We asked the help of our close friend in Canada to inquire the status of our application using a toll free number. He called the toll free number and a computerized customer service answered... According to our friend the visa is already been approved based on the information given by the computerized customer service. And the visa is in Manila office already. Our friend tried calling the customer service representative to clarify the information he received but he can't get through the line. He waited for 30mins. He told us he will call again most likely on Thursday or Friday when the line is not busy.
Now, here is our situation. Before this information, we received an email from CEM last week asking my sponsor (who is currently living with me since Dec. 2006) to submit a document(s) that will satisfy the VO that he will return to Canada BEFORE or when I become a permanent resident. Once the VO is satisfied, the VO will proceed to continue processing our application.
The information given by our friend is conflicting with the information given by CEM. How can the visa be approved if CEM hasn't started processing our application yet?
Is it possible the VISA in reality is approve but CEM intentionally do not want to disclose this information to us until they receive and feel satisfied with the information they are requesting us concerning the return of my sponsor to Canada?
Our 2nd problem is this. The Canadian passport of my sponsor (Fil-Canadian) just expired last month. He cannot return to Canada even if he wants to. He cannot apply to renew his passport as he's still waiting for the replacement of his citizenship card that was lost a few months ago. So technically, It is impossible for him to return to Canada as early as possible unless the Canadian Consulate is willing to provide a temporary or emergency passport.
CEM have given us until next week to provide the documents that will demonstrate the intention of my sponsor to return to Canada. However, having mentioned our situation above we can only provide to them the expired Canadian passport and the application for citizenship card renewal. These documents will show that my sponsor cannot return to Canada even if he wants to.
I can only assume the following based on our situation;
1. The V.O officer will suspend the processing of our application until my sponsor receive his new passport and return to Canada.
2. The V.O. upon hearing and understanding our situation and finding the effort of renewing the passport and citizenship card of my sponsor as
enough evidence to show the willingness to return to Canada & will thereby waive the additional information and approve the visa.
(this is a long shot.. but who knows.. anything is possible.