hello to everyone there! I hope you can help me to clear some notions regarding on how will I sponsor my girlfriend to come with me to Canada if I am already there..
Currently, my mother is sponsoring me and my father under the Care-giver live-in Program..We are almost in the last stage of the processing..My mom already received her permanent resident card and last september, we already send our passports..So now, we are just waiting for our stamped visas..
My family promised me to help me to sponsor my girlfriend when I get there..They said that it will take 6 months before I can get her and I must marry her here in the Philippines..
I would like to ask you guys if you have any idea on how the processing goes in this kind of sponsorship and if possible, you can give me a time line of processing..
can she work there in Canada while we are processing my sponsorship for her?
how can she work there?
Sorry guys, I can't wait too much time to be with my girlfriend when I already leave. I want to be with her asap.
thank you very much!
hello boxterspeed3, ok here's one option:
first after you land in canada, its up to you if you want to stay here for awhile or go back immediately to Philippines BUT your PR Card should be mailed to you back home(Phil.) by your parents if you're going to that, so that you can enter Canada anytime you want.
marry your girlfriend, and apply for spousal sponsorship, which should be done in Canada because you are going to pay for the fees worth $1040 for processing and landing fee.
processing time changes all the time, but for now according to CIC.GC.CA processing time for Philippines is 9months.
now, you are asking if she can work in Canada while processing her application, ok
how can she come to Canada? unless she will enter Canada as tourist for this reason she can't work,because tourist are never allowed to work, if she will work thats illegal.
i don't know how are you planning to get your girlfriend and asking if she can work here while application is in process...in my opinion it is better and safer if she stay back home for awhile and wait for her VISA, no hassle its just the matter of time.
have patience, its no rush! good luck!