Hi everyone!!! I've been in this forum for quite sometime already. Everyday I've been reading different stories and advices. Can anyone patiently explain in a very simple way the process of this spousal sponsorship? We hired a representative from Canada just to make sure that we wont miss anything and everything will go smoothly. It seems that some people with similar timeline as mine, got their PPR already..even those who had their spousal sponsorship approved later than mine...
As you can see in my timeline, we filed our application last week of September and was received by CIC on October 3rd. Our spousal sponsorship was approved last December 12th. Next should be PPR....I'm waiting.
My questions are the these:
1. Lately, whats the average time will the CEM sends PPR from the day our spousal sponsorship was approved?
2. Where will the PPR be send? Directly to me, here the Philippines because I'm here or in Canada because our representative is there?
3. What way will the PPR be send? Through my email? my representatives' email? Snail mail to me or Snail mail to our representative in Canada?
4. When I get my PPR? What do they request me to send them??? Just my passport alone?
5. After I send to them my Passport, whats the average time to wait until they make their decision?
6. Once they decide on the matter, how long will they send our visa?
Thanks so much... really appreciate it if someone can clarify everything in a simple manner... I tried reading all the messages in the forum but it seems like fixing the puzzle to get an idea. hehehe.
The appointed representative of the sponsor does not automatically make him a representative of the sponsored person. So if you did not appoint one, CEM will communicate with you directly. You and your sponsor are separate applicants... your sponsor for the sponsorship application, and you for permanent residence application.
After approval of the sponsorship, transaction will shift between you and CEM for the PPR and other documents they may require. Beforehand, it was between CIC and your sponsor. The e-cas of the sponsor will show "decision made".
It is really hard to tell where the bottleneck is unless you are sure that CEM has already received the advice from CIC. What is sure is that they have a timetable of some 10 months (pls chk this from website) although in many cases last year, much much sooner than that.
The additional documents such as Appendix A and additional information are very simple, you don't have to worry about that. Most of the info will be copied from those previously submitted. it is very important though, that you have copies of what your sponsor submitted so that you do not run into conflicting statements.