thanks a lot LEON for the post! god bless all of us!
Dear Leon and Seniors
First, I would like to thank you all for your valuable support and for being a guiding star for individuals who have little knowledge on the Spousal sponsorship.
I am from India I have received Canadian PR visa, but not yet landed. I have a boyfriend and want to marry him. If I get married before landing, my PR visa becomes invalid because my family composition will get change. If I inform the embassy that I got married, they will tell me that my PR visa is now invalid and will advise me to send my passport back to them as well as immigration forms for my (would be) husband and his (applicable) fees. My husband's name will then be added to my application and new PR visas will be issued for both of us.
My Questions are:
1. My Visa Office is New Delhi, what would be my actual processing or waiting time (in months) to get my Revised PR Visa (which includes my husband and my PR Visa) after I submit the entire requested documents i.e PCC, medical and filled forms?
2. The time taken to process our PR Visa (as per the question 1) would be case specific (my bf has no travel history nor convicted ever) or it would be processed immediately (in weeks)?
3. I am adopting this path to avoid any issues later related to ongoing Marriage of Convenience fraud as I am declaring the Embassy well in advance. So is it fine?
4. Or it is wise if I land in Canada without marrying him. Wait till I get my PR Card then come down to India and marry him. Later apply for sponsorship through outland once I land in Canada again.
5. If I land first in Canada without marrying, then come back and get married in India, what should be my minimum and maximum stay in Canada so that V/O considers my marriage as genuine when I apply later for my spouse sponsorship? Care would be taken that we keep ample of photos of our engagement, traditional marriage, marriage certificate, online chats, telephone bills as evidence to prove it?
6. Sorry to be pessimist, if my husband does not clear his medical will my PR visa would be cancelled?
7. Also please advise us, which would be the best option - either I marry now and add my husband to my application so we can both go to Canada as PR together OR I land first, then come back and get married, then go back to Canada and sponsor.
Please pardon me, if I have asked too many questions but your valuable answers and suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Hoping for a swift revert.