Rosebud Sioux Tribal Enrollment - does it entitle one to healthcare in Canada Immigration Forum
March 29, 2017, 10:09:06 am
   Home   Assessment Help Search Login Register RSS  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Rosebud Sioux Tribal Enrollment - does it entitle one to healthcare in Canada  (Read 7236 times)

Posts: 11
Ratings: +0

« on: May 14, 2009, 10:25:03 pm »

Hello everyone,

We are trying to locate information pertaining to healthcare for myself and my two daughters.  I am a tribal member of the Rosebud Sioux tribe in South Dakota in the states and I understand the Sioux are considered part of the Indian Act in Canada and eligible for Healthcare.  Are there certain enrollees that are eligible or any Sioux tribal members are eligible for the care in Canada.  I and my daughters are U.S. citizens planning to immigrate with my husband to Canada.  My husband is a natural born citizen of Canada.

Any help would be most appreciative!

Thanks in advance.

Outland App-Buffalo, NY
June 28 App sent to CPC-M
June 29 App recd
July 28 Spnsrshp Appr'd
Sept 2 App moved to LA office for expediting?
Oct 15 - Rec'd req from LA for 18yo FBI Records
Oct 17-req from FBI - nothing heard yet - as of Nov 15
VIP Member

Posts: 21956
Ratings: +1070

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 03:00:08 am »

The health care in Canada is provincial.  Each province has it's own little rules.  Since I saw in your other post that you are looking to move to Edmonton, you need to deal with Alberta health, best to do it directly to find out about this.  You can find their contact info here:

If you want to get more info on First nations people or some contacts, you can try to contact some bands or somebody like the Canadian Native Friendship centre at  Most of the First nation people in Edmonton are Cree or Meti's.  I do believe you can get out of paying sales tax if you are a registered first nation member but don't expect that the public will look at you with a kind eye if you pull out one of those cards in a store.  First nations people also get free college but I do not know if this would apply to you or your kids since you are not from a Canadian band.

PR=Permanent resident - TFW=temporary foreign worker
FSW=federal skilled worker - QSW=Quebec skilled worker
AEO=arranged employment offer - LMO=labour market opinion
CEC=Canadian experience class - PNP=provincial nominee program
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.10 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC