Hello STILLHOPE (or anyone qualified to help),
I just submitted my CSQ application a week ago - could you calculate my chances??
(1) Education: (1) Senior secondary school certificate (successful completion of Biology, maths, chemistry, english, french) (1995-1996)
(2) Honors degree of Bachelor of Science (major: Pharmacology, also physiology) (1998-2001)
(3) PhD (speciality: Pharmacology) (2003-2007)
All education done in Englsh in Melbourne, Australia.
(2)Training/employment: Post-doctoral Fellow (neurosciences field) in English - Location: Montreal, QC, from 2007 until present
(4) Maritial status: single (never married, no children)
(5) English: advanced (evidenced from my education history, my mother-tongue)
French: intermediate (did not send the proof yet, however, I am doing the TEFaQ in a week's time - pre-evaluation test indicated this level, moreover, instructor indicates intermediate or possibly towards early advanced). I plan to send the results when my file opens, hopefully in November!
(6) Intended occupation: Scientist
(although I am intending to use my PhD/BSc for other areas in Scientific research in Quebec, e.g. international relations regarding research etc. but i just listed 'scientist' to simply things)
(7) Intended location to reside: Montreal
8 previously Visited Quebec: Twice, around a week each time (2003, 2005)
Have been residing in Quebec (Montreal) since: 2007 until present (due to my post-doc)
(9) Have distant relatives here but only through marriage through biological aunt (therefore, i didn't fill out this section)
(10) Confirmed and signed that I am finacially self-sufficient
(11) confirmed and signed Quebec values agreement
(12) Payment of $395 for the application via cc
(13) supplied certified copies of diplomas & academic transcripts from education history section and also birth certificate
(14) supplied copies of my passport, canadian work permits and a certificate from my work
(15) supplied a CV (mainly scientific in nature but also included running competitions that i have done in QC since living here) and the IMM0008 form for federal residency
(16) applied ito the office in Quebec as I reside here
(17) filled out the french version of the application form in french (i heard this helps, although i doubt it)
So, what are my chances??? Any other info/help would be greatly appreciated as well!