Hello everyone,Work experience
I need some clarifications concerning work experience.
It is said that one must have worked full time for atleast one year inorder to gain points.
Is 24 hours/week for 4 years full time work?
Will this type be considered as haven gained experience?
The work experience by a skilled worker candidate must have been acquired:
• in the five years preceding the date of submission of an application for a selection certificate
• in an occupation with a skill level above “D” as defined by the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
• legally in the country concerned.
The following experience, which respects the aforementioned conditions, is recognized:
• experience that was acquired full time or part time in remunerated jobs
• full-time or part-time work internships as part of an apprenticeship, training or specialization recognized by a diploma, both remunerated and non-remunerated.
Inadmissibility of skill level “D” occupations
Work experience acquired in skill level “D” occupations as defined by the National Occupational Classification (NOC) is not admissible. Skill level “D” occupations are those that usually require a brief demonstration of the work to be performed, or on-the-job training or that do not have any particular educational requirements.Intership
This constitutes experience acquired:
• full time or part time
• as part of remunerated internships (for non-remunerated internships recognized by a diploma, experience must be acquired during an apprenticeship, training or specialization)
• in the five years preceding the date of submission of the application for a selection certificate.
So to make it simple it does not depend on the amount of hours because both full-time and part-time experience is acceptable. What is inadmissible is if the experience you acquired falls within skills level D and possibly lower...consult the most recent NOC listings where your experience may fall