CANADAVISA.com Immigration Forum
April 25, 2017, 07:21:37 pm
   Home   Assessment Help Search Login Register RSS  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: PVT  (Read 1229 times)

Posts: 1
Ratings: +0

« on: February 27, 2011, 05:57:34 pm »

My boyfriend is moving from France to Canada (Ontario) and is coming on an PVT (Working Holiday Visa). As a condition of his Visa, he has to show proof of health insurance. His Visa is valid for one year. Does anyone know if he has to show that he is covered for the entire year? Because we are hoping that he will get a work-permit soon after he arrives, and then qualify for OHIP.

He doesn't know if he needs to buy for 1 year... or if he can show that he has insurance for 6 months and then he will renew that insurance if he needs to.

HELP... i'm so confused!
VIP Member

Posts: 21969
Ratings: +1071

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 06:11:04 am »

He should ask the Canadian embassy in France but I do believe that they will ask for proof of insurance for the full year.  If they let people come in with short term insurance, then why require it at all because it would be easy for the person to let it lapse and not renew.

PR=Permanent resident - TFW=temporary foreign worker
FSW=federal skilled worker - QSW=Quebec skilled worker
AEO=arranged employment offer - LMO=labour market opinion
CEC=Canadian experience class - PNP=provincial nominee program
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.10 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC